Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kai0

trusting insights

8 posts in this topic

Hi I hope you all are well

My name is Yuto. Ive been lurking around for a while and this is my first post on actualized forum   ;)

So there is one question I have and I dont want to be mis-understood and attacked (not materalistic paradigm) 

Its how I can trust psychadelic insights? especially mushrooms. I have tried a few times and honestly after the experience is over it doesnt make sense and I doubt every thing but when I am high I feel like I know every thing and that I am god. Why does this happen? Scientists say its delusions and hallucinations and I think their right because one time I thought my hand is the hand of god and I can create anything with it and one time I thought my friend who is dead was alive. I can give it a pass that my hand is the hand of god but my friend is dead and I imagine he was alive its complete illusion so why trust the other insight or any other insight?.

So your doubts stem from not trusting the hallucination you had of your dead friend being alive.  So balancing on that, it invalidates the possibility that psychedelic insights are truth. 

Well let's investigate it... For one simple and possible answer, you could say that not everything that happens while tripping are insights or to be taken literally. Perhaps you simply slipped into a waking dream where you dreamt of your dead friend.  Perhaps he provided you with an insight but you weren't listening. On psychedelics it kind of all blends together and I would think the point is not to pick apart every detail of the trip and say 'well that seems legit but this other thing is totally bogus'.  You assimilate it all and the take-away should be very intuitive and holistic. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Your doubts stem from a simple reason:

When you're on shrooms, your consciousness is extremely elevated.

When you're not on shrooms, it's not.

So afterwards you'll doubt everything you've seen while cranked up to 11.

@seeking_brilliance@seeking_brilliance so you mean that I can use filter for interpreting the information I get from trips. Alright but how can I know what is the right filter? In my case I was in emotional vulnerability and my friend was a good friend so it might be the reason I needed support but connecting the two events is arbitrary and there is no evidence its right

6 hours ago, kai0 said:

Alright but how can I know what is the right filter?

Intuition. It runs through all filters and none at all. You are trying to think too logically about this. You won't get a satisfying answer if you keep trying to take the trip literally 

What is intuition? I feel like its all illusion and science is right . If I understand correctly I should transcend and include that means be post rational not pre rational , and nitpicking in this case will be a logical fallacy which is pre rational 

@kai0 in a way, you could look at Intuition as the wisdom of the ages, all the experiences and lessons learned, passed down by all of your ancestors through DNA memory (or instinct) , very much like how a  spider is never taught to build an intricate Web, but inherently knows exactly how to do it. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance