mikeyy

Weed In Adolescence

13 posts in this topic

Hey pals i used to smoke weed from like 13 to 17 everyday. It opened my mind to try new things like meditation but during those years i think i fucked up my brain development like especially memory, planning,decistion making, and awareness. THe list goes on. Im sober now and i realize that becoming highly conscious is the most fulfilling thing i can achieve in my life. Im trying to meditate to help me recover from my brain damage but i dont know if my brain is able to meditate. Like i could sit for an hour with my eyes closed but its mostly just an hour of listening to sounds and being in kind of a fog. It gets me relaxed but i cant get my brain to uncover the natural flow of monkey mind that is needed to really benefit from mediation. Its like i smoked away my ability to develop my consciousness. its pretty fucked up dont smoke weed when ur young take my advice aha. SInce i quit weed a few months ago im much more mentally stable so i am grateful for that but i dont think i have the mental ability to do alot of the personal development stuff. I  just posted this because i kinda feel helpless and wanted some reasurance. anyone else done tons of substnace abuse in teen years and hav you made progress in personal development? id love to know itd pump me up. Can i still get enlightened? I guess it would be kharma if i cant evolve my consciousness because i thrashed my brain.

8 minutes ago, mikeyy said:

Hey pals i used to smoke weed from like 13 to 17 everyday. It opened my mind to try new things like meditation but during those years i think i fucked up my brain development like especially memory, planning,decistion making, and awareness. THe list goes on. Im sober now and i realize that becoming highly conscious is the most fulfilling thing i can achieve in my life. Im trying to meditate to help me recover from my brain damage but i dont know if my brain is able to meditate. Like i could sit for an hour with my eyes closed but its mostly just an hour of listening to sounds and being in kind of a fog. It gets me relaxed but i cant get my brain to uncover the natural flow of monkey mind that is needed to really benefit from mediation. Its like i smoked away my ability to develop my consciousness. its pretty fucked up dont smoke weed when ur young take my advice aha. SInce i quit weed a few months ago im much more mentally stable so i am grateful for that but i dont think i have the mental ability to do alot of the personal development stuff. I  just posted this because i kinda feel helpless and wanted some reasurance. anyone else done tons of substnace abuse in teen years and hav you made progress in personal development? id love to know itd pump me up. Can i still get enlightened? I guess it would be kharma if i cant evolve my consciousness because i thrashed my brain.

I used to smoke weed up to my late 20s when I quit. It's been two years now and all of the brain damage caused by the weed is completely gone because instead of doing normal meditation I used strong determination sitting which brings in the benefits of meditation as quickly as possible. Don't worry, just do strong determination sitting every day for a year and you won't even know you've ever smoked. ?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise ok i will defenitly do strong determination so do i basically just sit with my eyes closed for a few hours and dont move?

@How to be wise @Wormon Blatburm Thanks you guys are making me feel hopeful which is relieving. DId you guys do the drugs that young tho or in oyur 20s? 

CUz i recently figured out like a ton of shit in my brain at my age is still developing. ISnt it worse that i did drugs beofre my brain was fully mature? Like its cool u guys recovered but i thik it might be diffrent when ur really young

truee never taken pills but heard they have intense side effects. Thats why i loved weed i s thought since it had healing properties and it made me feel great that i should smoke it all the  time as i completly overlooked the negative consequences. Im glad to have found out about meditating im gonna defenitly do it everyday so i can get thee benefits i hear about. Like the fact that i can be content with nothing in my life sounnds like i should pursue that my whole life. Like gettin stoned was fun in the short run but not fulfilling. and hearing about enlightenment and how you guys are making all this spiritual progress it totally pumped me up and is whi i quit smokin cuz i totally wanna join in on journey.  so how long do ya do strong determination and how is it so much more effective?  

yea thats why i started doin meditation it seemed like the best thing for healin my brain i think ima go veagan also to get my brain best nutrients 

3 hours ago, mikeyy said:

@How to be wise ok i will defenitly do strong determination so do i basically just sit with my eyes closed for a few hours and dont move?

@How to be wise @Wormon Blatburm Thanks you guys are making me feel hopeful which is relieving. DId you guys do the drugs that young tho or in oyur 20s? 

You just sit for one hour and don't move, you can keep your eyes open ?

btw I started weed when I was 12 up until 27... 

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wisewoow u recovered fully after all those years thats awesom news good thing are brains are forgiving

11 hours ago, mikeyy said:

@How to be wisewoow u recovered fully after all those years thats awesom news good thing are brains are forgiving

In middle school I made friends with 'not good people' and since they used to smoke weed I started smoking it as well 

You did not get any brain damage from weed. lol

19 hours ago, mikeyy said:

Can i still get enlightened? I guess it would be kharma if i cant evolve my consciousness because i thrashed my brain.

It's ok.  If you still want Enlightenment then it does not matter what you did to your brain.  Your "brain" is a thought, an interpretation  You, your brain, your thoughts, your life, your friends, your spliffs are all thoughts inside your "big brain" called consciousness.