CultivateLove

I'm going to a therapist today for the first time.

6 posts in this topic

I'm not really sure what to expect. I've heard good things about this guy from 3 different sources, none of them related to each other, and there's the plus that he's from Iceland like me (I live in Denmark now), and he's gone through some shit in his life too, which is a plus for me because I don't think a "normie" would be able to relate with someone who's been through as much sh*t as me at all. 

Any input would be appreciated.

Just go in with the right attitude.

You're not going in to be "cured". If the therapist is good, then their task is to hold a mirror up to you. This is so you can see all the pieces of yourself you missed before, to make it clearer what needs to be changed. You then need to pay attention and change those things.

Good luck.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

Have fun! 

I enjoyed seeing a therapist for like 4 session. At the time I was struggling with anxiety a lot and it helped me feel much better.

Once you know you've got a good therapist, do not resist opening up your mind before him.

This is one of the only relationship that you'll have in your life that is only established to benefit you!

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.