Adamq8

Meditation and dreams

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys! So lately i have been reading The mind illuminated,  really nice book, and been trying out the meditations in there and getting more serious with my meditation and doing longer sittings everyday, one thing ive noticed is that i am aware every night now in my dreams, i remember them and im dreaming really lucid and cool stuff.

Feels like im training my awareness to be aware in my sleep. 

Anyone else who had similar experiences?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Me. I have had many vivid and symbolic dreams, some that felt more real than the "normal" reality. 

Many dreams are symbols/warning/feedbacks/messages that are left out for you to interpret them.

Or they come rather as a form of release, or they want to give you hope and signaling you, in which direction you should go (and much more). 

Try to write those details down and understand what this dream is really trying to tell you. 

I want to suggest you a book that talks about dreams, dreaming, how to understand dreams, quantum mechanic and more. 

This book helped me among other things to understand how dreams work and how to understand their meaning, no matter which dream you have (this is not a dream list book). 

The book is called Mind Power and was written by John Kehoe. 

I suggest you to read his other book, Quantum Warrior, as well :)

Edited by Vittorio

@Vittorio thanks alot for the recommandation! Will check the books out!

As you say, i should start writing a dream journal of some sort! And try to interpret the dreams,  dreams is amazing but sometimes they are scary too ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

I naturally remember a lot of dreams and have lucid dreams quiet regularly. This natural inclination towards being aware of my dreams literally explodes when I consistently meditate.

Without meditation I usually remember 1 - 2 dreams a night and have like 1 - 2 lucid dreams within a 2 month period.

WITH mediation however I'll remember 3 - 5 dreams a night (it's hard to say, there comes a point at which it becomes real difficult to distinguish one dream from another and it feels like they all merge into a single dream)

and I'll have 1 - 3 lucid dreams a week!(Sometimes non at all, sometimes almost daily)

And that's without doing reality checks.

There is also all the non-dual inbetween states that I became aware of. But these are very rare and still confuse me a lot.

beep boop

Increases in the intensity of dreaming are caused primarily by increased physiological learning earlier that one specific day. This is not linked to learning a bunch of facts, but to learning a new skill that involves working memory. You can test this by playing the game “dual n back” (the game for which increases in skill are most highly correlated with increases in intelligence) for an hour or so or as long as it takes to increase your level from 1, to 4-6 or so — you are virtually guaranteed to have wild dreams that night. Same with meditation, especially when starting out or learning new techniques and skills.

@Adamq8 Yes, same thing happened for me too. My dreams are more vicid and I analyse things more often, for example looking at the texture of a leaf in a dream, realising that it comes into existence when I look at it. I also meditated once in a dream, try it next time and tell me what happened??‍♂️

For how long have you been meditating and when did this start happening to you?

At the beginning I experienced the same, now interestingly I have way less dreams, it is weird.