BjarkeT

What are examples of difficult but rewarding things in personal development?

6 posts in this topic

The title says it all. I don’t want to live the easy life anymore and want to know examples of what some hard things are but rewarding in personal development.

Edited by BjarkeT

A difficult thing for me was diving head first into self development work while everyone else in my life stayed the same. As I began to develop myself more I felt very alienated from the people in my life- Like I could not relate to them the same way I used to be able to. But ultimately it has been rewarding because 1. I don't feel a need to have many friends in my life because I am happy with my own company & 2. Because I have attracted more conscious people into my life. 

Feeling out of control. Giving up control. Then finally realizing you were never truly in control in the first place - what freedom this realization brings! The birth of Faith.

Ending past relationships, marriages, careers and feeling empty without all the "stuff" your ego used to fill itself with. Then experiencing something so much more abundant and life-affirming taking its place, filling in the "God-sized hole" with the grace of love and acceptance.

Yoga for example, your mind insists you not to repeat it after two days of practice because the movements can cause lots of pain meanwhile but you get a silent comfy body afterwards

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"