GreenWoods

Enlightenment without Psychedelics

70 posts in this topic

Here is my recipe which I believe can deeply awaken you - both peak awakenings and baseline consciousness - without psychedelics, or OBE psychedelics. With deeply awaken I don't mean being conscious of all the facets of awakening, but being deeply conscious of them. So that they are your full-blown living reality.

1. Main Tools:

- RASA

People disagree on whether RASA fully enlightens you. I guess it depends on how you define enlightenment. If you define it as being baseline-conscious of all the facets of awakening, then yes. Since I'm at LOC 1000, I've been conscious of all of them. But only subtly. If you define enlightenment as being deeply, FULL-BLOWN, no-mercy conscious of them, then you still have a long way after LOC 1000.

Nevertheless, RASA is powerful. It would have taken me many many years of daily meditation for what happened with RASA in half a year. Meditation is sooo inefficient when you are a newbie. Currently my meditations are on steroids, partly because of LOC 1000.

RASA is the best tool to raise your baseline consciousness up to a certain 'level'. It's like a car that gets you a good way up the mountain. The rest of the journey to the peak of the mountain must be done walking and climbing (other techniques) though.

- Trance

It's very beneficial (but not required) to be able to change your brainwaves. Most people are almost exclusively in beta all the time. When you do normal meditation you are in alpha, if you are advanced, you get into theta, delta or even epsilon. As well as some high gamma and perhaps even lambda brainwaves. Imo, by far the most efficient way to get into these brainwaves is through hypnosis and brainwave entrainment like binaural beats. Here I wrote in detail about it:

A side effect of trance work is that your baseline during-the-day brainwaves will be more and more in these powerful frequencies. I wrote about that here:

This has massive benefits. Your consciousness will be naturally more non-dual. But the biggest benefit I notice is intuition. (more on that later).

- Self-Inquiry

Doing Self-inquiry while in deep trance, like the Esdaile State will be insane. (When you are in the Esdaile State, you are so deep in trance that you could have a heart surgery without you noticing it. This was actually demonstrated and used).

Self-inquiry and Trance perfectly complement each other. They are the only meditation techniques you need, imo. Also the most efficient. Normal meditation techniques are way to wishy-washy. They cover too much and to shallowly. For example, 99% of all meditators will never be able to get into epsilon brainwaves. For epsilon, you need trance work, which is specifically designed for that goal. (The only exception might be yoga. This is a valid alternative, but I still believe that self-inquiry and trance are more efficient for awakening, because they are more direct).

-Intuition

Intuition is important for self-inquiry. But it has way more benefits. One is telepathy. Do you remeber Leo's two videos where he recorded himself while on 5meo and directly downloaded information? My every-day consciousness is somewhat like that, but not as intense. it's mindblowing nevertheless. 

Telepathy also allows you to communicate with your spirit guides, spirits, saints, yogis,.... That means you can have astral mentors like Jesus or Buddha. They can give you insights, but also directly help you to awaken, like by giving grace, transmissions or their blessings.

It's not necessary, but I do recommend you try to contact the spirit world at some point. This can be of much help. If you do the "main tools", your telepathic skills will eventually be good enough. But you actually don't need telepathic skills, just talk with them, give them your thanks, and perhaps humbly ask for help, they will hear you. Perhaps get a book like "Angels, Spirit Guides and Goddesses" by Susan Gregg. lt lists angels, saints, ascendet masters and deities. Flip through the pages and see who you are intuitively drawn to.

Another benefit of intuition is that you will intuitively know what to do. Like what practices. As well as knowing what your blocks are etc,...

A good way to improve your intuition is by doing things you need intuition for, like inquiry. Also, I believe Trance work (and to some extend RASA) significantly increased my intuition.

- Law Of Attraction

These are the things I do:

• strong intention
  • Knowing: Deep unwavering knowing that you will completely awaken, going all the way. Not a fraction of a doubt. Know this all the time, consciously or subconsciously 
  • Visualizations: I have found that when I visualize having deep awakenings, the likelihood of having one in the days afterwards is noticibly higher. I recently started daily visualizing having deep peak awakenings and a deep embodied baseline awakening.
  • Fake memories: The past never happened. All you have of the past are memories, which are imagined right now. So, just visualize/imagine having a deep awakening (or deep embodiment) and then try to make it a fake memory. Go perhaps 1 week into the past and implant that memory on a particular day. Visualize what actually happened before the fake awakeing and then insert the fake awakening. Visualize it. Then visualze what actually happened afterwards. Do and believe this till you more or less managed to bs yourself. Whether you have a deep awakening or not depends to some extend on your subconscious. If your subconscious believes that you already had many awakenings, and that this is normal, to be expected, then it will be easier to have deeper awakenings. I actually haven't tried it yet, it's a very recent idea, but I'm sure it works (if done skillfully).

All of the above-mentioned "main tools" are potent. But the real deal happens when you do all of them, then they may synergize.

2. More Tools:

These tools aren't necessary but you can add them if you like.

- Psychedelics during OBEs

Taking psychedelics during waking life is somewhat replacable with taking them in OBEs. So in some sense this should be number one on the list, but I think I hyped it enough in the past and this thread was meant to list straightforward tools that are - when combined - a realistic alternative to psychedelics. The problem with taking psychedelics in OBEs is that it takes very long till you are skillful enough till you can reliably have an OBE which is stable enough to take them. My advice is to first learn to go into the Esdaile State (I explained that in my Hypnosis thread) so your number one practice would be trance work. Even when you have crazy OBE skills, psychedelics in OBEs still have disadvantages to waking life psychedelics, like the issue with dream recall (though I guess these issues can be solved also, with some or much effort).

For me personally, I don't think I require OBE psychedelics. But because I do trance work, I will, sooner or later, be able to easily go into the Esdaile State, which means reliable OBEs, which means tripping every night :D.  That will give an extra boost to the awakening process.

- Breathwork

After psychedelics, breathwork (like shamanic breathing) is probably the most reliable way to achieve peak experiences (though it obviously can't seriously compete with psychedelics). How deep you get mainly depends on the intensity of your breathing, the overall duration you breathe and your baseline level of consciousness. 

- orgasms

Whole-body orgasms can get you peak awakenings as well. If you are a woman you are lucky, if you are a man, you first need to teach your dick not to ejaculate. You need non-ejaculatory orgasms.  Look into tantra and daoism. Perhaps start with Mantak Chia. I managed to have non-ejaculatory orgasms a few times, but never went as far as getting a mystical experience from it.

- More

Fasting, sensory deprivation tank, dark room retreat, sleep deprivation, exhaustion, mantras,...

2 days ago I inquired deeper than before (sober, just lying in bed and inquiring). To best explain it, I would try to compare it to the peak of this trip.

In some sense, the peak of the truffle trip was definitely deeper than my inquiries 2 days ago. Because then I probably lost consciousness (for a brief moment) and then had no access to my memories (for a short time) and was unable to eg walk. But in terms of depth of awakening, I believe the inquiry 2 days ago was a lot deeper.

I couldn't stabilize my baseline consciousness at this peak awakening, but I didn't drop back all the way either. I perhaps dropped back 75% (so I kept 25% of the peak) (wheras I almost completely dropped back after the truffle trip). Currently I'm doing a lot of trance work and inquiring. I believe I can stabilize my baseline consciousness to around 80% of the peak from 2 days ago, within a few weeks of furtheŕ inquiring.

I'm telling that to illustrate why I think it's realistic to go all the way without psychedelics. I guess it's rather unlikely that you will for example lose consciousness without psychedelics (but stuff like being unable to stop crying and unable to walk and talk is possible), but I believe you can achieve the same depth of awakening. At least that's what it seems to me.

And only if you do the right things. I believe I could have done normal meditation 3 hours a day for 10 years and would have made less progress than I did using the tools I listed under "main tools" for one year. These tools seem to be perfect for my awakening journey, the tools for you might be different. But if you want to get fully awake without psychedelics, I believe they are very worth considering.

I might actually take more psychedelics in the future, but currently I don't have smooth access.

A daily workplan for using the "main tools" might look something like this

• 40 min trance work with brainwave entrainment and optionally hypnosis
  • 30 min inquiry 
  • 10 min LOA stuff

If you are new to meditation and start using brainwave entrainment and train 40 min a day, your plan might perhaps look like: 5 months alpha brainwaves, 10 months theta, 15 months delta, and then epsilon and lambda. And gamma as much and when you feel necessary. If you combine it with hypnosis you might do it in half the time, idk. But I have little clue how long it actually takes.

1 hour ago, GreenWoods said:

Do you remeber Leo's two videos where he recorded himself while on 5meo and directly downloaded information?

I never said I was on 5-MeO-DMT. Watch your assumptions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think some time ago Leo made a blog post about chanelling Infinite Intelligence with a substance he hasn't revealed yet. In case his awakening in the two videos wasn't sober and from a substance other than 5MeO, it might have been that substance.

Exhaustion

For me, exhaustion has a very noticable effect on meditation. It feels like exhaustion makes the ego considerably weaker and resistance melts away. My consciousness is immediately more non-dual and I can surrender more deeply. 

Never waste your working out sessions, always try to meditate or do self inquiry right after it (once your pulse is somewhat back to normal).

- Applications:

• deepen meditation
  • before taking psychedelics (because it makes it easier to surrender)
  • before doing hypnosis. Because increased surrender results in increased receptivity and suggestibility.
  • to deal with negative emotions

- Ways to reach exhaustion or a similiar state

• Weight training or running. Running has the most effects for me. Just running for 2 minutes as quickly as possible already yields nice results.
  • DMT / Shamanic / Wim Hof / Holotropic Breathing
  • Eating a large meal
  • Fasting
  • Being sick
  • Orgasms (not recommended if you do semen preservation)
  • Breathhold
  • Music
  • Dancing 
  • Sleep Deprivation 
Edited by GreenWoods

RASA

@Psychventure  I don't know about "heartfulness transmission" but I guess it's similar. You can find more information about RASA on their website: https://www.rasatransmissioninternational.com/what-is-rasa

They channel spiritual energy which gradually removes the illusion of a seperate self and reveals the Self. 

Ramaji developed a model for awakening with levels of consciousness ( LOCs) from 0 to 1000. The 600s, 700s, 800s, 900s and LOC 1000 are the stages of awakening, as described in Ramaji's book "1000". Using intuition and muscle testing, they calibrate your LOC.  

Any model of awakening will obviously have many limits and flaws, but can be quite useful to some extend nevertheless. Many mystical traditions have their models, and Ramaji's is quite similar.

The biggest issue I have with the LOC model is that it is only one-dimensional, it doesn't take into account what I would call "depth". When you have 2 people with a similiar LOC, their awakening is similar in terms of the stage of awakening (as defined by Ramaji) but can be very different in terms of depth (For example, Rupert Spira, Ramana Maharshi and Babaji are all at LOC 1000, but have very different depths of it). Just like with spiral dynamics, two stage green people are at the same stage, but they can experience stage green at different depth (the average stage green person vs a new age hippy).

(Another limit of the 1000 model is that the facets of awakening do tend to happen in a certain order (hence stages), but that is not the case for everyone, particularly if you use psychedelics)

So you can go up the LOCs only subtly dipping your toe into each stage or being full blown hit by it Thus someone in the 600s can be more awake than someone in the 800s, depending on how you look at it and how you define awake.

Awakening has many facets (watch Leo's video "the many facets of awakening "). Each stage in the LOC model covers some facets. But every facet (or most facets) has infinite depth or degree. When I got to LOC 1000 I was conscious of all the facets, but only subtly. RASA is about getting you to LOC 1000, not about deepening a facet (though some deepening does happen with RASA). That's why the experience of different people at for example LOC 1000 is on the one hand very similar (because of same stage) but can on the other hand also vary quite A LOT in terms of depth. If you get to LOC 1000 through RASA alone, your depth will probably be only subtle, unless you have also done a lot of meditation. 

All of that explains why being at LOC 1000 can in some sense be considered "done" (because you got all (or most) facets of awakening), but from a different perspective, you are never done, because every facet has infinite depth/degree. 

Edited by GreenWoods

There are folks out there who just call it reiki, ray (light), and love being the key. 

Shades of Ron L Hubbard with the levels and claiming, and even ‘branding’ in some extreme cases. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Gold!

One of the best threads on this forum and people just ignore it lmao

Edited by Display_Name

What you want is anything that provides positive feedback loops.

I.e. something that causes itself to be more effective by doing it.

E.g. stillness produces joy and happiness, which make stillness more tolerable and more likely to take place, which causes more happiness and joy -> ...

Consistent focused intent to do any of the following in a manner that builds on itself:

Pattern recognition

Self love

Self compliments

Gratitude (look for things to be grateful for -> see things to be grateful for -> feel better -> act better -> give love -> receive love -> even more reason to be grateful -> snowballing contentment and active participation in fulfillment -> ...)

Thought replacement / metta

On 11/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, Nahm said:

There are folks out there who just call it reiki, ray (light), and love being the key. 

RASA and reiki are two very different things. As far as I understand, reiki is about energy healing and not about nondual awareness. I don't think it raises the baseline consciousness into non-dual awareness. Perhaps rarely. I've had reiki and I don't think 1000 sessions would have much impact on awakening.

So I believe RASA is very different from it but that applies to spiritual transmissions in general. There are many other spiritual transmissions beside RASA. I haven't tried them so I don't know how effective they are, but I guess they work too. 

On 11/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, Nahm said:

Shades of Ron L Hubbard with the levels and claiming, and even ‘branding’ in some extreme cases. 

Most spiritual traditions attempt to map awakening and divide it into levels or stages. And every guru or teacher could be considered as helping you to get to these stages. Most charge money because they need to live from something. Maybe Ramaji and Ananda market and charge too much. But they are transparent and you can just as well get RASA from another RASA giver, they have taught it to some of their students so more people have access. I believe they charge around half the price. 

I think other transmissions do tend to be cheaper, if you are sure that they are just as effective you can opt for them. Or just choose other tools for awakening, there are plenty of options.

@Display_Name @Tim Ho :):)

On 11/13/2020 at 8:01 PM, The0Self said:

What you want is anything that provides positive feedback loops.

Pattern recognition

Self love

Self compliments

Gratitude (look for things to be grateful for -> see things to be grateful for -> feel better -> act better -> give love -> receive love -> even more reason to be grateful -> snowballing contentment and active participation in fulfillment -> ...)

Thought replacement / metta

@The0Self Good stuff. I find such habits helpful for embodiment.

Edited by GreenWoods

@GreenWoods Thank you for this high-quality refined content. 

Why did you share this? (What's your motivation?)

Edited by AlphaAbundance

11 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@GreenWoods Thank you for this high-quality refined content. 

Why did you share this? (What's your motivation?)

If I had seen these posts 1-2 years ago, my path would have been much smoother and I would have saved a lot of time researching and doing redundant or very inefficient practices.

So I'm sharing these posts with the hope that my past self reads them and then I'm gonna switch time lines ;)

Edited by GreenWoods

My favorite tools (besides meditation) are shaktipath transmissions (which is the same as RASA, I think), fasting and All Day Awareness. 

Also asking yourself why you are doing what you're doing at the moment can lead to interesting realizations.