How to be wise

Awareness Vs Enlightenment

36 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, MarcusJ said:

Materialism does not lead to bliss... but it's a pleasant misery.

I think "Not thinking" about any of this is the best approach...  Use Tolle's the power of now in this case.  Drive your mind into the moment so hard that thoughts stop.  Having this break can lead to an opening...maybe.

I'm in the colour orange of the psychological model and cannot go to green until I REALISE that materialism does not lead to happiness. Until then I have to keep pursuing success, but in the mean time I've set up a self inquiry habit and hopefully one day it'll make me realise I'm asleep 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wiseUsing spiral dynamics to postpone realization til some point in the future, a future that will never come. Either see it now or never. Whatever idea you have, be it materialistic or even that enlightenment will take years of meditation is just an idea. If you want to, you can wake up now. You are god(or awareness, presence, reality, everything.. w/e) pretending you're not. This is true every moment. Even when it feels least true. Regardless, if you want to stay asleep.. that's fine. All falsehoods are seen through in the end. From my limited opinionated self, I'd say it's a shame to not realize this whilst ones alive though. Driving in a Ferrari at top speed, listening to your favorite music, while under the effects of ecstasy , while getting your dick sucked by your trophy girlfriend AND being in the deepest state of meditation possible has NOTHING on waking up from the dream of thought. Now I will say, if you've awoken and realized that reality reduced to thought stifles the orgasmic ecstatic and awe inspiring reality present always.. Then that car ride would be quite the trip ;P 

3 hours ago, Jonathan said:

@How to be wiseUsing spiral dynamics to postpone realization til some point in the future, a future that will never come. Either see it now or never. Whatever idea you have, be it materialistic or even that enlightenment will take years of meditation is just an idea. If you want to, you can wake up now. You are god(or awareness, presence, reality, everything.. w/e) pretending you're not. This is true every moment. Even when it feels least true. Regardless, if you want to stay asleep.. that's fine. All falsehoods are seen through in the end. From my limited opinionated self, I'd say it's a shame to not realize this whilst ones alive though. Driving in a Ferrari at top speed, listening to your favorite music, while under the effects of ecstasy , while getting your dick sucked by your trophy girlfriend AND being in the deepest state of meditation possible has NOTHING on waking up from the dream of thought. Now I will say, if you've awoken and realized that reality reduced to thought stifles the orgasmic ecstatic and awe inspiring reality present always.. Then that car ride would be quite the trip ;P 

I know that's why I said I will start a self inquiry habit! If I do Neti Neti and combine it with strong determination sitting I will definitely get enlightened within 3 years at most. Once I'm enlightened I'm no longer orange! 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Well I'm not going to lie to myself but deep down I still feel that materialism leads to happiness although I do believe when you say that there's no point of materialism for happiness. I guess I have to realise it myself and not blindly follow anyone. 

honestly you are just addicted to that shit. im guessing you probably live in the united states, so in turn you are bound to be an addict of materialism, its just how we were conditioned. become more conscious of it and you will see right through it

@How to be wise Good, keep hitting your head against that wall till it breaks.

(Your head I mean. Cause the wall ain't going nowhere.)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I'm in the colour orange of the psychological model and cannot go to green until I REALISE that materialism does not lead to happiness. 

That's right.  Keep acting out your programme.  And what I mean by that is keep being materialist. If you let people tell you that you're doing wrong then you are walking THEIR path and setting up a conflict.  You must walk your own path, do what your programme is telling you to do, burn your "karma" .And also do the self inquiry.  But also self inquiry includes the objects teaching, and that means contemplate whether or not object chasing really leads to happiness.

The most powerful shifts take place when you understand that you have had enough of the bullshit, women letting you down, worries about cash, worries about the future, the continual bullshit that comes with "green" (yes, green is another object related fucking nightmare) until you no longer give a shit about thoughts, feelings, world poverty, money, women, politics, other people opinions.  That's when you will be ready to become enlightened.

Until then, educate yourself on enlightenment, take the course, do the inquiry and bide your time.  It will come.

Edited by Matthew Lamot

14 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I'm in the colour orange of the psychological model and cannot go to green until I REALISE that materialism does not lead to happiness. Until then I have to keep pursuing success, but in the mean time I've set up a self inquiry habit and hopefully one day it'll make me realise I'm asleep 

If you've watched Leo's video about self-lies and wondered what a self-lie looks like, this is it. Deep down, you know this isn't really true. Look closer at your emotions and motivations here to drive your awareness deeper. Don't be afraid to see yourself as being in some negative way, and you will see how you're lying. It's fascinating.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

11 hours ago, Matthew Lamot said:

That's right.  Keep acting out your programme.  And what I mean by that is keep being materialist. If you let people tell you that you're doing wrong then you are walking THEIR path and setting up a conflict.  You must walk your own path, do what your programme is telling you to do, burn your "karma" .And also do the self inquiry.  But also self inquiry includes the objects teaching, and that means contemplate whether or not object chasing really leads to happiness.

The most powerful shifts take place when you understand that you have had enough of the bullshit, women letting you down, worries about cash, worries about the future, the continual bullshit that comes with "green" (yes, green is another object related fucking nightmare) until you no longer give a shit about thoughts, feelings, world poverty, money, women, politics, other people opinions.  That's when you will be ready to become enlightened.

Until then, educate yourself on enlightenment, take the course, do the inquiry and bide your time.  It will come.

Well said ?

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

Well said ?

If you had the right teaching you would know that.  A bad teacher is somebody who doesn't give you this information, and who will tell you that you need to be trying harder, or ignoring your karma.. "you MUST be spiritual".  Study Vedanta properly and you will see the difference between a teacher who has the correct insight for you, vs. a teacher who just tells you that you need to work within the confines of their own knowledge.

2 hours ago, Matthew Lamot said:

If you had the right teaching you would know that.  A bad teacher is somebody who doesn't give you this information, and who will tell you that you need to be trying harder, or ignoring your karma.. "you MUST be spiritual".  Study Vedanta properly and you will see the difference between a teacher who has the correct insight for you, vs. a teacher who just tells you that you need to work within the confines of their own knowledge.

Your not a big fan of yoga i assume

Just now, How to be wise said:

Your not a big fan of yoga i assume

Sorry, this is again moving into the realm of personal conversation.  Im not here to talk about my dislikes and likes with you, if you dont like the subject matter, that is fine, dont read it.   This thread belongs to public domain, like I was explaining earlier, its not a cat fight or a place to come to get out egos stroked.  Its a place to offer information.  I will use any post i like to illustrtae an argument I' m making because its far more effective than writing one long post and it be forgotten in three hours with the barrage of other post asking the same thing over and over again.

Some folks are interested in liberation, others are not.  Its fine.  Whatever floats your boat.  Those who are interested will see what Im saying as an informed debate rather than me trying to answer your problems.  Im not interested in your problems.

2 hours ago, Matthew Lamot said:

Sorry, this is again moving into the realm of personal conversation.  Im not here to talk about my dislikes and likes with you, if you dont like the subject matter, that is fine, dont read it.   This thread belongs to public domain, like I was explaining earlier, its not a cat fight or a place to come to get out egos stroked.  Its a place to offer information.  I will use any post i like to illustrtae an argument I' m making because its far more effective than writing one long post and it be forgotten in three hours with the barrage of other post asking the same thing over and over again.

Some folks are interested in liberation, others are not.  Its fine.  Whatever floats your boat.  Those who are interested will see what Im saying as an informed debate rather than me trying to answer your problems.  Im not interested in your problems.

Lol I wasn't arguing with you. I read in a book that there are two types of enlightenment schools called yoga and Vedanta. I'm not that into enlightenment anyway I only listen to wat Leo says about it. Since you were talking a lot about Vedanta you were probably against yoga. Btw I'm neither I hardly know what they even mean. 

Just now, How to be wise said:

Lol I wasn't arguing with you. I read in a book that there are two types of enlightenment schools called yoga and Vedanta. I'm not that into enlightenment anyway I only listen to wat Leo says about it. Since you were talking a lot about Vedanta you were probably against yoga. Btw I'm neither I hardly know what they even mean. 

Personally, not against yoga.  Just pro-enlightenment.  In a relative sense. 

Just now, Matthew Lamot said:

Personally, not against yoga.  Just pro-enlightenment.  In a relative sense. 

I see your quite into enlightenment. Do you read outside actualized.org? 

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

I see your quite into enlightenment. Do you read outside actualized.org? 

Sorry, but I have no time to waste talking with you, you're clearly not interested in this work, just out to waste time, i feel.

an Awaking is a profound state I found myself in by admitting defeat and allowing myself to weep with desire and will to change my life for the better , I was struck with the notion that love and life are what its all about , not materialism and ego.

This experience is not uncommon for people who have freshly committed to the betterment of their lives threw action and change. Its a real awaking a realization about the simplicity and importance of our lives

It is as close to nirvana / enlightenment as I'll likely ever see.