Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedLine

Working in something you don't like + LP

10 posts in this topic

What do you think about working full time in something you don't like to pay the bills and then work a couple of hours a day in your life purpose/passion (which it is not possible to get any money from, maybe in the long long term)?

Is it a path to disaster since your are putting almost all your effort in something you are not interested to?

My career: accounting/finance

My purpose (that what I have all the time in my mind since I was young and I think I am very good at): some specific fields of philosophy (theology, philosophy of history, history of consciusness, philosophical systems, etc). 

Edited by RedLine

There's nothing wrong with making a living for yourself, although at some point you must make a major decision, multiple actually, as your dream won't fly until you give it wings to soar with. Your thoughts are your reality, and your reality is a result of your actions; you must remember that your karma is a result of what you really wanted in life, even if you do not actively make the choice.

So to deny your feelings of what you think you need in life is the same as to not be alive at all, as it's you not being able to use your ability as a living experience. It's contradictory, living a peaceful life while in a constant state of fear of disrupting it. 

In practice it's a viable and even necessary strategy for many people because you gotta eat.

But the real solution in this case is to basically work twice as hard to claw your way out of wage slavery.

So during the day you work to pay your bills.

And during the nights and weekends you work to build your future career/biz.

That's how I did it. It's difficult, but totally worth it if your body can handle it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yup, that's what I do as well.

I have a job, which I don't really like, so I work on my future career every afternoon and on weekends.

It's kinda where I'm at as well. I'm focusing on my LP now in my free time but I also have to pay the bills. It can feel a little depressing. I have a decent job as well but it has been hit due to covid and it isn't my LP so I always feel a little dishonest working it cause I know it's not the work that I really want to do to bring me fulfilment in my efforts. I think gratitude is important. I'm in a better situation than most so just continue focusing on that LP and doing what you have to do to survive. 

That's my current situation as well, having a dead-end bullshit job that demands just my body be at the workplace, so I use all that time spent there listening to audiobooks and working on life purpose projects at home.

But I think I won't continue to do that after finishing college. I am either going to do something that pays higher or grants more freedom to roam around the world.

Edited by Girzo

15 hours ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura How many hours did you sleep when doing that? And didn't that affect your performance overall?

I slept normally, about 8 hrs.

I just didn't have much of a social or family life.

I didn't do it for long. It took me about 6 months to become financially independent and quit my day job. But this is unusually fast. In many ways I got lucky. Most people won't be able to pull that off. But I was very creative and ambitious.

If you are creative, strategic, ambitious, and manipulative enough, you can achieve amazing results rather quickly. Although that does take a toll on your soul.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I slept normally, about 8 hrs.

I just didn't have much of a social or family life.

I didn't do it for long. It took me about 6 months to become financially independent and quit my day job. But this is unusually fast. In many ways I got lucky. Most people won't be able to pull that off. But I was very creative and ambitious.

If you are creative, strategic, ambitious, and manipulative enough, you can achieve amazing results rather quickly. Although that does take a toll on your soul.

Why you don't explain more how you got financially free?