Human Animal

What are the good books on relationships & sexuality?

9 posts in this topic

So I'm a 20-year old guy who at first time in his life engages in an attempt to have a real long-term relationship. Previously I was a bit interesting in pickup and having "casual sex" and so on, but I started to find it boring and exhausting. So me, and a girl with which we were "just making good sex and having fun" slowly and carefully started thinking about something more  real, intimate and personal. And now it's almost a year since we're together. 

We are +- emotionally stable and so on so we don't have a lot of fights and we're dialoguing our way through somehow. But it's felt and seen that we're really different people. We have influenced each other a lot through that year, but it's quite obvious that we also have different priorities and values sometimes, in the most vital areas of life. I'm self-absorbed in some sense and quite attached to this idea of personal growth, transformation, understanding life and so on. "WE ALL SHOULD REACH TO THE STARS", that kind of thinking. She buys into it to some degree but she's more(than me) about comfort, not-risking, and relationships with others. And this polarity often shows itself when we have an argument or a serious discussion on some matter. 

So with that explained I would like to ask you, dear self-actualizers, for any valuable and insightful books/authors/articles/youtubers on the topic of romantic relationships, partnership, sexuality, communication, reaching understanding with orthers, and so on. Specifically in my situation, but also in general, so any ideas will be valuable.

Just a few days ago I found Teal Swan on Youtube and she has really insightful and good videos about Relationships and Love. She has a Playlist about Relationships on her Youtube Page, go watch some of this, I was amazed by the depth and inights she has on this topic.

5 hours ago, Cireeric said:

Just a few days ago I found Teal Swan on Youtube and she has really insightful and good videos about Relationships and Love. She has a Playlist about Relationships on her Youtube Page, go watch some of this, I was amazed by the depth and inights she has on this topic.

5 hours ago, Cireeric said:

Oh, she's definitely something interesting. Thanks! Do you know any books on the topic?

The art of love by Erich Fromm

Way of the superior man by David Dedia 

The six pillars of self esteem by Nathaniel Branden

On 9/16/2020 at 0:16 PM, Human Animal said:

communication, reaching understanding with orthers

For these topics the book Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg is very powerful

In terms of sexuality-

The multi orgasmic man by Mantak Chia 

Sex God Method by Daniel Rose 

Great sex will solve a lot of your problems ;) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

8 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

In terms of sexuality-

The multi orgasmic man by Mantak Chia 

Sex God Method by Daniel Rose 

Great sex will solve a lot of your problems ;) 

Yep great books, keeping a healthy sex life is key. Can be hard the longer you are with someone so have to be creative 

I have yet to read it, but I know Leo highly recommends The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman