Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
susanyzm

Learn to Love Myself

36 posts in this topic

I'm starting this thread to keep record of the mini habits of loving myself, including: 

1. Visualization in the morning

2. Positive self talk

3. Praying 

4. Mirror work 

5. Talking to my inner child

6. Meditation

7. Yoga mild stretching 

8. Expressing love to and receiving love from others

Love is the ultimate purpose and solution. 

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: done

2. Positive self talk: I wasn't overthinking about people's reactions. I remained quite positive throughout the day. And people were so friendly. 

3. Praying: Self love praying

4. Mirror work: done

5. Talking to my inner child: When time's hard, it's particularly more important to connect with myself and sooth myself.

6. Meditation: Done. Compassion. Unconditional love. Worry and fear free for 10min. 

7. Yoga mild stretching: Done.

8. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: Expressed my love to a friend. She sent love back.

You got it, keep it up! You will be more and more magnetic the more self-reflection you do, and happier of course.

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: A light and strong body. A purposeful career.  

2. Positive self talk: I'm just a very loving person, especially when I realize that those abusive words are not true. 

3. Praying: 

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for revealing to me that I am imprisoning myself by not seeing the value and worth in your creation of me.

Forgive me, Lord, for living in such a way that caused me to place more importance on the opinion of others and myself. 

I have doubted my ability and held myself back from being the person you desire me to be.

I am under the bondage of this doubt and pray that you would release me and give me victory over it.

It has robbed me of peace and joy in my life and has prevented me from living life to the fullest as a child of yours.

Help me to have compassion towards myself and to see that what I perceive as weaknesses, are, in fact, blessings.

May I use those blessings to help others who may also be held down by the same untruth that I have been under. 

Lord, help me to see myself through your eyes and to see the beauty and person as a whole that you have created. You don’t make mistakes, Lord.

Please help me to value myself over anything of this world, whether it be what others think, or earthly possessions.

I don’t want to live up to what I think people expect of me; I want to live up to what you desire me to be. 

Give me the strength to overcome and to see that I am valued. Help me to accept who I am and to have confidence in my identity through you. 

I pray these things in Jesus’ name, Amen.

4. Mirror work: I am beautiful. I love myself. 

5. Talking to my inner child: I want beautiful dresses. I want friends. I want you to stand firmly on my side. 

6. Meditation: "I am enough" meditation, talking to myself with hands over my heart.

7. Yoga mild stretching: Done. 

8. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I responded to a friend in stress in a compassionate and loving way. I see how a girl suffer from eating disorder, high blood fat, pancreas inflammation, and insomnia. I encouraged her to start a food diary to record changes day to day.

----

Every giant accomplishment is made of very small steps, and to take them one at a time like this is not weak, but precise.

20 hours ago, Applegarden said:

You will be more and more magnetic the more self-reflection you do, and happier of course.

Thank you for your encouragement!

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: comfortable in my body.  

2. Positive self talk: I have the mission of spreading love. 

3. Praying: 

May my guilt turn toward the Truth,

may Truth give way to Spirit-filled conviction,

may conviction lead to appropriate repentance,

and forgiveness wrapped in God's grace,

and may the Lord bring about in me

authentic transformation

so that I may pursue living blamelessly

before God and all for His glory.

4. Mirror work: I take 100% responsibility for my life. 

5. Talking to my inner child: I want you to take me to explore as many experiences as possible. 

6. Meditation: Let go and move on.

7. Yoga mild stretching: 5 min stretching before bedtime. 

8. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I shared the "Five Small Wins" technique in the ED group. My friend invited her boyfriend to join my Self-love Practice group. 

----

Always choose the direction that benefits you. Always move away from things that do not benefit you. 

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: loving myself in the mirror every morning.  

2. Positive self talk: I am taking baby steps towards abundance every day. 

3. Praying: done

4. Mirror work: I am beautiful. I am enough. 

5. Talking to my inner child: I want you to always on my side. 

6. Meditation: Love yourself.

7. Yoga mild stretching: 20 min stretching before bedtime. 

8. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I shared my feelings today with a friend. I received a compliment from friends I met today. 

----

Yes, I commit to a purposeful life.

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: building a family.  

2. Positive self talk: I'm always on my side. 

3. Praying:

Dear God, I open my heart to you completely: You know that I feel like I have made many mistakes, and I feel bad about myself and my actions. I need your help in letting go to shame, guilt, and regrets. Please help me to learn from my past mistakes, instead of beating myself up about them. Please help me to grow into a strong person with faith and integrity who takes the right action steps. Please help me to forgive myself completely. Please help me to love myself and be happy. Amen.

4. Mirror work: I am lucky. 

5. Talking to my inner child: Please eat healthily and regularly. 

6. Meditation: Forgive and let go.

7. Yoga mild stretching: 10 min stretching before bedtime. 

8. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I shared my tips in recovering from eating disorder with a stranger today. She has started to keep a food and emotional diary.

----

Smaller habits. Bigger results.

21 hours ago, Himanshu said:

This is beautiful! Keep going. 

Thank you! I will!

It’s been six days that I didn’t renew this journal. My self-hatred has prevailed self-love and derailed my routine.

When the self-hatred thoughts attack, it’s like a tornado. It comes very sudden. Everything is going well. Routines are being followed faithfully. I feel grounded and supported. I go out with friends and we have a good time. Then all of a sudden, I don’t feel like doing anything except binge eating, watching horror stories and numbing myself out. Painful memories, abusive self talk and triggers are abound and I feel all of these efforts are nothing but a joke. 

However, emotions come in waves. The tornado is gone. I’m back on my feet gain. 

The most difficult thing in practicing self love is to deal with disappointments. I know I’ll be tripped by the same program over and over again, each time a little bit more aware than the last until I can recognize it before it gets me. 

Now, I’m in the aftermath of the last tornado. Everything I’ve built has been torn down. But it’s not entirely a clean slate. At least I know what to do. So let’s start over again. 

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: giving a speech in front of a large crowd. 

2. Positive self talk: I love myself unconditionally.  

3. Praying:

Dear Angel, please, help me be good and kind to myself. Help me practise self-love so that I may live a life that truly shines. Guide me to love what I am and express this love in a ay

that generously flows from my heart with joy and gratitude. Inspire me to build caring relationships with others from this place of self-love. Please, help me understand that I deserve to be loved not only by the people around me but by the most important person in my life: me. Help me let my self-love grow and blossom so that I may live a fulfilled and thriving life.

Amen

4. Mirror work: I can build deeply connected relationship with people. I pick myself up after failure. It’s something to be proud of. 

5. Meditation: I enjoy guided meditation a lot more than before.

6. Yoga mild stretching: 10 min stretching before bedtime. Stretching during working hours.

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I gave a 24 min talk to my chat group on self-love. I shared my thoughts on the disappointments in self-love. A guy shared in the group that he has been trying to accept himself but never really liked himself. I said liking oneself starts by letting go of expectations. Stop saying “I’ll like myself if I…”. That’s the most cruel thing you can say to yourself. It’s just disguised abuse. 

I feel a lot more safe in this chat group that I started. I don’t expect people to agree with me anymore. Feelings override right or wrong. 

----

Never feel guilty for starting again.

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: light and strong body. 

2. Positive self talk: I'm okay the way I am.  

3. Praying:

God Almighty, you created me and put me in this time in history for a purpose. I don't want to go another day without touching and gaining understanding about that purpose. You want and need to do something in my heart. I don't want to go on without that being fulfilled in me. God, speak to me. Speak to my heart like only you can and according to the way you know I will be able to receive

Give me revelation, give me wisdom and give me understanding of your divine will, purpose and plans for my life. Please give me the grace, the ability and the revelation I need to be totally surrendered to you. Please answer me Lord , according to the way you've called and annointed me. Let me do your work. Please set me apart and save me from sin, from my world's system, and from the works of the enemy. So that your will and purposes can be fulfilled in my life

Yes Lord, send me. Use me. Set me apart. Make me a vessel you can use. Make me a part of your army. Strengthen and anoint me so I can stand against the darkness in these last days. I surrender to your will, Lord. I am yours and you are mine, Amen

4. Mirror work: I want people who share deep connection with me. 

5. Meditation: Boho's guided meditation for cleansing.

6. Yoga mild stretching: 10 min stretching before bedtime.

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I gave a gift to Yoyoo. She gave a gift to me. She treated me to a big lunch. A girl was asking me about her abusive relationship and I shared my insights with her. Loki talked about her anxiety over job and I shared my insights. 

I'm a lot more comfortable in my skin. I'm more excited about changes than fearful.

----

Protect your life purpose, and your life purpose will protect you.

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: a beautiful house of my own. 

2. Positive self talk: Baby steps are good enough.  

3. Praying:

Dear God,

We pray that you would remind us that that we are all a part of building and expanding your Kingdom. We ask that you give us a fresh vision for your purpose for our lives. We ask that you open our eyes, our ears, our hearts, and our minds to your vision so that we can live out our purpose. Remove anything from our lives that hinders us from discerning your vision. We pray that you would draw us closer to you as you bring us revelation to our purpose. Please reveal to us what we need to do today to not run wild, but rather be focused on your divine vision.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

4. Mirror work: I am a magicien. I manifest things I long for.  

5. Meditation: abundance guided meditation.

6. Yoga mild stretching: 2 min stretching before bedtime.

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I shared my vision with my friends. I gave a gift to a friend. I receive their encouragement for things I want to do. I share my vulnerability with people and get their kind feedback. 

I'm soaked in love. I am fully blessed.

----

You could stop telling the story about yourself which feels terrible, because and only because, it feels terrible. 

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: a beautiful house of my own, hanging out with my friends, cooking and talking  

2. Positive self talk: I am a lighthouse of love.  

3. Praying:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Today I come to you as humbly as I know how. I am praying Lord that you use me to fulfill your purpose for me in the earth. I know that there are so many areas in which I am gifted and talented but I am asking for you to reveal to be my reason for being alive. I know that at any given moment I could gain and lose those talents but I know it says in your word that your purpose will stand. What is it you would have me to do? Speak Lord your servant is listening.

Amen.

4. Mirror work: I am here to fulfill a purpose.  

5. Meditation: abundance guided meditation.

6. Yoga mild stretching: 10 min stretching before bedtime.

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I encouraged girls to share their food and emotional diary with me to stop bulimia. I responded with compliment to a friend's sharing photos of her son. I received best wishes for my birthday from family and friends.

----

I am a hero on a hero’s journey. Stop living petty. Start living big.

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: wonderful interviews I carry with people who pursue their life purposes

2. Positive self talk: I'm living my life purpose.  

3. Praying:

I love today's prayer I found on pinterest.

4. Mirror work: Let's embark on the fun ride of life purpos. I manifest things I long for.  

5. Meditation: success guided meditation. soaking in pretty well. 

6. Yoga mild stretching: 2 min stretching before bedtime. I'll make it longer today. 

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I responded to a girl's food and emotional diary. She's become noticeably more positive about her body. She and another girl also talked about their shame and regret in bingeing. I said: "We are bound to fall hard from time to time. Accept that we are not perfect, make silly mistakes, do things that seem so strange afterwards. But love ourselves anyway." 

I felt drifting on a cloud after dinner, watching crime shows to distract myself. I need to have more specific things planned out for my life purpose to ground myself.

----

Pray for Big Things. Act on Little Things. It Makes a Difference.

e1c93620cc2bea8db5f09da5d3794f59.jpg

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: A lean and strong body. Floating effortlessly. 

2. Positive self talk: Lean and Strong.  

3. Praying:

Lord, thank you for helping me find clarity about my purpose. Help me remember that I ultimately can find satisfying purpose when I seek after you. Lord, as I work to understand my purpose more fully, I pray that your joy would be present. I pray for grace and wisdom. Help me long to serve you above myself, even above others. Help me walk daily in dependence of you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

4. Mirror work: The universe is providing me with all the resources to fulfill my purpose.  

5. Meditation: Mind power meditation by Bob Proctor. 

6. Yoga mild stretching: 30 min stretching. 

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I lead the morning gratitude ritual in the Self-Love Group. I shared my experience in mirror work. Yanzi shared her growth in the trials and errors of cooking. A girl with bulimia added me and I helped her go through the improvements she can make in her diet. I encouraged Tania and Nancy to set up small goals and we'll keep each other accountable.

I'm energized when I'm growing in a group.

----

Be an inspiration to others. Live the most meaningful life you could possibly live.

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: A lean and strong body. Focus and channel the energy. 

2. Positive self talk: Lean and Strong.  

3. Praying:

Loving Lord, I thank You for my life and give You grateful praise for Your great goodness and abundant mercy, which is new every morning. Thank You, that You are a gracious and faithful Father, even during those times when I stray far from You or when I allow the anxieties of life to steal away my peace and rob me of my joy in the Lord.

I pray that Your perfect peace would guard my heart and that You would provide me with a quiet focus and calm tranquillity within my soul. Guard my mind and guide my thoughts I pray, and prevent me from worrying about what may or may not happen, instead of keeping the eyes of my heart focussed upon Jesus and my ears ever open to His leading and guidance.

Give me strength to face all the eventualities of life in the sure knowledge, that Your grace is sufficient for all my needs. Help me to keep my eyes looking to Jesus in a calm and quiet confidence, knowing that He is the author and finisher of my faith. This I ask in His precious name,

Amen.

4. Mirror work: The universe is providing me with all the resources to fulfill my purpose.  

5. Meditation: Guided Meditation for Energy and Success with Nayaswami Jyotish 

6. Yoga mild stretching: 5 min stretching. 

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I answered a question about judgment from a friend. I gave my personal example. I encouraged a friend to start leading the reading of Non-violent Communication. I shared my new insights on gratitude.

Growing in a group, growing with others, always solicits the best resources.

----

Be okay. Just be okay. 

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: Love is a ball of clean energy that cleanses my thoughts and my body. 

2. Positive self talk: Love heals.  

3. Praying:

I know that The Universe is the one and only source of my being. Spirit Itself created me. Life Itself lives through me. Love Itself sustains me. I am important and connected part of this spiritual universe.

If The Universe loves me enough to create me and to give me life, then I can love and respect myself no less. Therefore, I no longer believe in unworthiness, limitation, and shame. I no longer believe that I am undeserving of the best life has to offer. I deserve and accept all the good things in life – for myself and everyone else in my world.

I  ACCEPT my own beauty, and I see it reflected in the world around me.

I  ACCEPT my own power, and I use it wisely.

I  ACCEPT my own worth, and I live abundantly.

I ACCEPT my own love, and I share it freely.

I  ACCEPT my own potential, and I live it fully.

My past, my false beliefs, and my feeling of unworthiness no longer limit me. I accept full responsibility for my life, my thoughts, my feelings and my actions. I may not always like what I do or how I feel, but I choose always to love myself in the meantime. Never again will I judge myself as undeserving.

Growing and evolving feels good. Accepting responsibility feels good. Giving myself permission to become the person I was meant to be feels good. And I deserve to feel good about myself and my life.

And so it is.

4. Mirror work: I love you.  

5. Meditation: Louise Hay’s Morning Meditation 

6. Yoga mild stretching: I didn't do it before bedtime last night. 

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I joined a live book reading session with a friend of Non-violence Communication. We exchanged our thoughts and experiences of being hurt, hurting other people unconsciously, and how to fix this pattern. I really enjoy this deep connection through reading. I expressed my gratitude and also received her compliment for my keen observation of my family pattern.

----

If we approve ourselves exactly as we are, everything in our lives flows.

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: I am a center of energy vibrating love. 

2. Positive self talk: Love cleanses.  

3. Praying:

Father God, I pray that you help me to always remember that You are the creator and author of life. You knew me long before I was born or even conceived. You wrote the story of my life before I was living in it and you set out a purpose and a plan for me long ago.

Lord, help me to accept the person that you made me to be, blessings, difficulties, and all. Help me to recognize the plans and purpose for my life and to know there is no purpose too big or too small in this world, as you are the one who gave it to me.

Lord, help me to walk a path of obedience on this journey of a purpose-filled life. Open my eyes, my ears and my heart to what you are calling me to do in this world. Encourage and guide me, strengthen my commitment and resolve to go forth each day and live the life you created and set out for me. In doing so, I know that not only will I find myself abundantly blessed, but I will be glorifying you.

Father God, thank you for knowing me, loving me, and having a plan for me before you formed me in the womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. May my works and faith glorify you and encourage others to live their lives in beautiful acceptance of who they were created to be and what they were created to do.

In Jesus’ name, I pray.

Amen.

5. Meditation: Yang Dingyi Meditation 

6. Yoga mild stretching: 30 min stretching while soaking in loving words. 

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I continued the reading of Non-violence Communication with a friend. We exchanged gratitude and love with each other. I listened to a lot of Louise Hay's words and they were truly soothing. I must continue to practice self-love.

----

Love is the Force.

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: I am so comfortable in my skin, in my body, in my clothes. 

2. Positive self talk: My vision brings out my potential.  

3. Praying:

Lord, I praise you for inviting me into your eternal purpose. I thank you that you are working out everything in conformity with the purpose of your will (Ephesians 1:11). You are the master strategist. Give me a greater vision of your purpose for my life. Awaken my heart and establish your reign in my life. Out of Your glorious riches strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being and give me a spirit of wisdom and revelation that I may know you better (Ephesians 3:16-17). Make me fully alive to your destiny in my life.

I pray that you will give me a greater vision of who you are. I acknowledge my dependence on you and thank You that impossibilities in my life give you freedom to work. Your mighty power is shown through my weakness. Your are positioning me for your end-time harvest. You breathe your life into my impossibilities. [Name a difficulty in your life.] Help me to walk in a new level of trust in You. You have plans to prosper me and to give me hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). You promise me an abundant life (John 10:10). Help me to understand Your supremacy, Your sovereignty, and Your glory. Help me to align with You and make Your presence the central theme of my life. "The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty—Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea—the LORD on high is mighty" (Psalm 93:1-4). In Jesus name, amen.

5. Meditation: Louise Hay--You can do anything 

6. Yoga mild stretching: 5 min stretching before bedtime. 

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I had new people joining the normal eating group. I shared my opinion on fasting and dieting. I encouraged girls to treat each meal seriously and stop being sold on marketing ideas. 

----

When you notice the spiraling out into thought occurring, bring attention back to seeing, hearing, breathing and feeling. 

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: I am so comfortable in my skin, in my body, in my clothes. 

2. Positive self talk: What I see in my mind, I hold it in my hands.  

3. Praying:

Jesus, I am humbled that You consider me worthy to be used—in ways big and small—to accomplish Your will here on earth. Help me respond without hesitation whenever I perceive Your voice calling me into action.

In Your powerful and equipping Name, I pray,

Amen.

5. Meditation: Success meditation 

6. Yoga mild stretching: 5 min stretching before bedtime. 

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: I shared what I learned in this past week. I shared my insights on life purpose. Yingru said that my words resonated with her a lot. I also gave advice to a girl for her diet and she thanked me for starting this chat group for body positivity.

----

Understand your limiting beliefs and come up with better and positive beliefs and only focus on them. 

Small wins today: 

1. Visualization in the morning: Me having all my needs fulfilled, a normal and honest life, open and free. 

2. Positive self talk: I live for a purpose.  

3. Praying:

5. Meditation: Morning Louise Hay meditation 

6. Yoga mild stretching: I have strong resistance to going to bed early. My mind is very active before bedtime. How do I release the resistance and have a good night's rest?

7. Expressing love to and receiving love from others: Xiao Zheng shared her childhood stories and how she overcame the trauma with me. I shared my insights in emotional healing. New friends joining the chat group. I love the feeling of connection. Ready to enjoy making videos. 

----

Love is the hard currency for abundance. 

屏幕快照 2020-10-12 上午9.39.05.png