justfortoday

ENTIRE visual field has gone META / Zoomed Out

48 posts in this topic

(Image Attached for Reference - Tried my best to recreate with pictures)

I shared my awakening story here a couple of days ago. 

Well, what happened today is even more radical.

After an hour long meditation session where I tried to become aware of awareness itself, my entire "visual field" inverted in depth.

Basically, I am able to perceive the "void" around the visual field now.

It's as if my entire visual field ZOOMED out to the point that I can see the edges. 

"I" can "see" the entire scene almost as if I was the projector that is shining light onto the scene.

@Leo Gura I believe you described this in a video a few years ago, where you described the absolute now as looking at the world as if inside a Christmas ornament.

I have spent the last 30 minutes sobbing my balls out at the beauty of reality.

Not sure how long this shift in awareness will last but it is the single biggest mindfuck.

And I've had some serious mindfucks in the last week or so.

If anyone else has experienced this, please DM me.

perception.jpg

Edited by justfortoday

Just now, Frenk said:

So its like ultra wide mode?

Exactly - imagine your visual field goes from 1x zoom to 0.5 zoom.

The very edges of the visual field are visible. I can see the darkness / void around it.

Did this happen meditating with eyes open?  Closed?  I've kind of struggled wondering whether it is easier to retain focus on awareness with eyes open or closed, and at the same time I don't want to be overly focused on trying to make something visual "happen" as direct consciousness isn't really about perception.  Still, since I haven't experienced that yet, I don't really know what to even look for or understand how it changes perception.

4 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Did this happen meditating with eyes open?  Closed?  I've kind of struggled wondering whether it is easier to retain focus on awareness with eyes open or closed, and at the same time I don't want to be overly focused on trying to make something visual "happen" as direct consciousness isn't really about perception.  Still, since I haven't experienced that yet, I don't really know what to even look for or understand how it changes perception.

Eyes open. Focused on peripheral vision.

I never experience wide screen with a surrounding void. I sometimes perceive reality as a flat screen. Both foreground and background go flat as if on a screen.

Going 4d babyy

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

It always happens to me when I experience ego-death.

Does sense of being located inside the body also vaishes? 

It's like your perspective shifs from being an object inside the waking conciousness, to be an infinite space in which the entire waking conciousness field is nothing but a dot.

I've perhaps had some degree of that on high dose mushrooms.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Fran11 said:

It always happens to me when I experience ego-death.

Does sense of being located inside the body also vaishes? 

It's like your perspective shifs from being an object inside the waking conciousness, to be an infinite space in which the entire waking conciousness field is nothing but a dot.

The feeling of being located inside the body goes out the window. You feel like the whole scene. 

Good to hear there are others experiencing this.

Edited by justfortoday

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've perhaps had some degree of that on high dose mushrooms.

@Leo Gura What slightly terrifies me is that these awakenings are happening incredibly fast and furious and I’m not even taking psychedelics. I understand that’s the ego fighting back. I am just not at a stage of ego development where I can set that to the side. 

@justfortoday Well, I would just try to roll with it and try to enjoy it.

Things will stabilize for you. This is just a phase. Just keep reminding yourself that this is a process and it will stabilize. You just gotta be patient with it. Don't get pushy with it. Let it unfold organically. Be open to wherever it wants to take you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@justfortoday Well, I would just try to roll with it and try to enjoy it.

Things will stabilize for you. This is just a phase. Just keep reminding yourself that this is a process and it will stabilize. You just gotta be patient with it. Don't get pushy with it. Let it unfold organically. Be open to wherever it wants to take you.

Thanks for the advice @Leo Gura - will do.

22 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

You feel like the whole scene. 

I'm not a teacher or anything, but if you are already at that level I suggest you try "separating" the scene from the empty background in which it's happening. They are ultimately one of course, but the formless aspect of conciousness has to be realised.

Then, besides feeling like the entire scene, you will also feel like an infinite space inside which the scene is happening and being created.

That's crossing the line beetween ego-death and god-realisation ;)

Edited by Fran11

1 hour ago, Fran11 said:

Then, besides feeling like the entire scene, you will also feel like an infinite space inside which the scene is happening and being created.

It's all one infinite field happening for itself. 

@justfortoday yes, i have been experiencing this occasionally for few minutes at the time. The sense of feeling/touch was also inverted so that i felt i don't really know what, where am i exactly and who is holding on to what. I describe that as liquid consciousness.

Edited by Applegarden

6 hours ago, justfortoday said:

The feeling of being located inside the body goes out the window. You feel like the whole scene. 

Good to hear there are others experiencing this.

I had this perception and still have from time to time. First time it was scary as fuck, although i'm not sure if you have visual distortions or optical illusions since you mentioned about the edges/darkness around your visual field. For me it was just merging with reality, there was no dualism between me and the outside world.

Edited by Member