Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ManoharBalash

Start of pursuing enlightment after 50

3 posts in this topic

After 50 years of caught in family responsibilities (want to be alone but could not rid of doing marriage, after that children n a wife who is so emotional that cant argue for personal space or time) then providing basic necessities to them and very hardly got time to live with self and do whatever wanted to do from childhood. So how is it worth doing after 50, options, chances, suggestions, wayout etc and lastly can one be so cruel to leave family to pursue what he want!!!?????

What keeps you staying?  More positive motivations ("I love my wife and kids", "I want to stay", etc.), or more negative motivations ("I'm scared people will hate me if I leave", "I feel I'll be a bad person if I leave", "I'm scared of being ostracized", "I'm scared of hurting them", etc.).

What does your heart say?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

On 9/15/2020 at 6:59 AM, ManoharBalash said:

After 50 years of caught in family responsibilities (want to be alone but could not rid of doing marriage, after that children n a wife who is so emotional that cant argue for personal space or time) then providing basic necessities to them and very hardly got time to live with self and do whatever wanted to do from childhood. So how is it worth doing after 50, options, chances, suggestions, wayout etc and lastly can one be so cruel to leave family to pursue what he want!!!?????

You don't have to change anything simply begin a meditation and self inquiry practice.  Also be conscious that awakening is about selflessness not selfishness.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.