ingurix

I want to sleep 24/7.

27 posts in this topic

So for the past year or so I am struggling to be awake at day, even though I sleep 8-9 hours daily. I tried changing my sleep pattern and took notice of my sleep cycle and schedule, however nothing helps. I also considered nutrition, but all in vain regardless.

Is there maybe a spiritual/motivational lack to live? Because, to be frank, I feel depressed. Is there maybe any spiritual work I could do to solve this issue? 

Thank you for your time.

6 hours ago, ingurix said:

I also considered nutrition, but all in vain regardless.

Can you explain this. 

Ray Peat diet

Chelation (a la Andy Cutler) after challenge test

Sleeping same time every night (both bed & wake times). And try just 7.5 hours bed rest — see if that’s a better amount. 9 hours is too much for nearly everyone. Some can even get away with 4-4.5.

Of course, exercise

Life purpose

Edited by The0Self

@Opo I meant that I tried different diets but all in vain.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you really wanna wake up early in the morning then you have to keep yourself busy whole day and make yourself tired like hell. When you will feel tired then it becomes easy to fall asleep. So when all this will happen, go to bed on time and wake up early in the morning.

You have to repeat the process till it becomes your habit.

Write down all the things you want out of life, big and small. Write down a list of self-care exciting things you can take time to do, small things, listening to a favorite song you haven't heard in years, reading an old favorite comic, etc. Make time to do 2 or 3 each day. The bigger stuff starts to connect and unfold and you'll find you have a huge lust for life again. Helps to start with the small stuff. 

How is your diet? Too many carbs possibly? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Idk if you do nofap, but this is one of the nofap dangers. If you do it then stop.

If this isn't the problem you should force yourself to be active. Do you do any sport? If not, start. What is your job? Do you meditate? If not, learn concentration meditation.

Also, ask a doctor if it continues.

On 15/09/2020 at 7:25 AM, ingurix said:

I am struggling to be awake at day, even though I sleep 8-9 hours daily

Two days ago I conducted an experiment on myself. Ate only food with high glycemic index. Started the day with croissant and coffee and for lunch I ate white pasta with tomato sauce. By the time it was lunch, I could not keep me eyes opened, had to take a nap for 2 hours. I've never ever had to do that before :D 

What I'm trying to say, make sure your diet is not heavy in: sugar, white bread, white rice, potatoes, jams, too many bananas and dried fruits and fizzy & sweet drinks. Also if you are generally low in protein that will kill your energy, 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Two days ago I conducted an experiment on myself. Ate only food with high glycemic index. Started the day with croissant and coffee and for lunch I ate white pasta with tomato sauce. By the time it was lunch, I could not keep me eyes opened, had to take a nap for 2 hours. I've never ever had to do that before :D 

What I'm trying to say, make sure your diet is not heavy in: sugar, white bread, white rice, potatoes, jams, too many bananas and dried fruits and fizzy & sweet drinks. Also if you are generally low in protein that will kill your energy, 

You ate a bunch of bread and became tired? It could be the low nutritional value (among many other things) of the wheat itself or possibly the added iron that caused this. And not all fruits are equal — bananas and peaches give people issues all the time, whereas pulp-free OJ, papayas, cherries, grapes, and melon are often fine. Some people need around the clock carbohydrates, but they’re in a catch 22 because low-glycemic-index & high-fiber-containing foods can linger in digestion for some people, causing bacterial overgrowth and uncomfortable levels of endotoxin.

If you have a very hardy metabolic system, you can get away with practically anything though.

14 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Some people need around the clock carbohydrates, but they’re in a catch 22 because low-glycemic-index & high-fiber-containing foods can linger in digestion for some people, causing bacterial overgrowth and uncomfortable levels of endotoxin.

Endotoxins are not some evil byproducts. They have always been there and will be there. They are just natural waste created by dead gram-negative bacteria in the gut. LPS are never a problem if your gut is healthy. Secondly, fibre helps to clear them out by bulking them in stool and fibre also reduces the chance of your gut becoming inflamed and leaky which will cause LPS transmigration through the mucosa and the gut wall and systemic inflammation -> this is a culprit of lots of modern diseases. 

You start depriving people of low GI carbs and fibre, you are asking for some serious trouble. If you can't process fibre, your digestion is messed up. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

your energy is locked in the lower chakras due to being inactive in your life. get yourself excited by doing exciting things in life. that's what most of spiritual teachings miss

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 9/15/2020 at 7:25 AM, ingurix said:

Is there maybe a spiritual/motivational lack to live? Because, to be frank, I feel depressed. Is there maybe any spiritual work I could do to solve this issue? 

Thank you for your time.

Sounds like it, awareness practices should fix it , at least being tired part, but it could help with motivation too. 

If you start to do them you will have to make it your daily life habit, or else it will go back to how it was, also it will take some dedication to get it started, so as I said,make it habit because while you will be at higher awareness it should be no problem to find willpower to  maintain it, but it will be exhausting to start from bottom all the time. 

Edited by purerogue

Also have a rest day every week, where you don't do anything. (Basically Sabbath)

6 hours ago, hamedsf said:

your energy is locked in the lower chakras due to being inactive in your life. get yourself excited by doing exciting things in life. that's what most of spiritual teachings miss

Great advice.

@Michael569 Wow, I actually eat a lot of those things you mentioned...

What could be a great replacement of those dishes? :)

1 hour ago, ingurix said:

@Michael569 Wow, I actually eat a lot of those things you mentioned...

What could be a great replacement of those dishes?

I don't have a short response to that question but it would go along the lines of more whole foods, more plants and more natural ingredients. If the food was made in factory and requires chemicals, oils and thickeners to prevent it tasting like cardboard it is bad for you in 99.99% cases. Something like tofu would be an exception. 

On 17/09/2020 at 0:11 PM, hamedsf said:

Yes!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@ingurix

1. Exercise

2. Cut caffeine

3. Have something that excites you / have a good reason to be awake

4. Regular sleep schedule

5. Make sure your bed is a sacred place, don't use your phone in bed, and don't have anything lying in your bed like clothes or a laptop.