justfortoday

Advice on Next Steps after Awakening?

26 posts in this topic

Hello friends. After my awakening a few days ago, I have experienced multiple instances of non dual states / extreme collapse of subject/object duality. To say it is shocking is an understatement. I perceive reality as a self-aware hologram now. It is utterly remarkable.

Even now using words like “I” “me” “my” seems silly, but hey, language.

How do I lead my life in this state? My interest in mundane activities has evaporated. I seem to be happier being by myself, than around other people. Awakening seems to me both incredible and terrifying as well. 

TLDR; I awoke and now don’t know where to take this next.

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by justfortoday

I'm not sure what are you experiencing but since I'm going through somehow similar things... What worked for me is.. Spend more time by yourself integrating . Just relax and chill. If possible.. Don't do so much stuff out of your comfort zone or something challenging that requires your maximum attention . Connect with the present moment and get out of your head. It can be difficult to do that. Try to focus on the senses.. smell sight touching taste and not so much on your thoughts or the awakening filter that you have now.

Good luck. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

"awakening"

By this you mean Green, I presume? You're leaving Orange? 

That's what "new agers" lol usually mean when they say that.

..wait, reading your post, that's not so clear now.  Normally with green you start to really feel love and want to connect with others.  Did you ever go through that? If not,  it's possible you're awakening...  INTO orange OR blue, lol, but that would be a mean thing to suggest.  I'd be surprised seeing a blue here.  They're usually less annoying than orange, but also more boring.

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Up until recently I assume you have been putting most of your focus/time/energy into your own needs, desires and interests. (including escaping, becoming, achieving etc) which make it impossible to focus on anything bigger. Leave those behind, lower your personal needs, live more minimalistic, and use everything else to build something. a movement, activism, charity, solve a problem. Find out how you can give your life to the whole. 

Are you aware of models, contents, and teachers available out there to help you exactly with this process? I'm not sure if a forum is the best place to find this kind of answer. You can research about iconscious model and try to get a conversation with Ted Strauss. 

The experience will reduce in intensity over the course of few days and you'll find some of your favorite hobbies and natural tendencies may return. Then you'll be able to determine which one to choose and discard. For now, just bask in the knowing.

@justfortoday

I often hear that there are individuations suffering, so there’s that. 

Philosophical questions that might spark a relative interest...

If you knew you were going to be born again, in say fifty years, what would you like to be different on earth upon your arrival?

What is the happiest thought you can conjure?   And why.

What are your strengths, and how can they be applied most effectively on behalf of helping others?

If you knew your next world would be created out of what you created in this world, what would you create in this world?  And why. 

What would be the single most effective invention to reduce the suffering & delusion of humans? 

If reality was found to be presently exactly indicative of your thoughts, what would be the next thought you think?

Have you made a list of everything you want to experience in this lifetime? If so, why was it so short, and what is the best way to expose yourself to what you are not presently aware you want to experience? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

This sounds like an early No-Self awakening, my advice would be to integrate it into your life & understand what you are going through. 

At the same time ask questions like- 

Is No-Self really final answer? 

What is Love? 

What are the best ways for this Body/Mind to express happiness? (can literally be anything, mine are Sports, Business, Socializing & Deep Relationships, eventually Teaching as well!) 

Does anything exist outside of the absolute?

Also, I'm biased but I recommend reading 1000 by Ramaji to understand the stages of awakening & how to deepen and integrate your own awakening. 

Enjoy! 

Oh, and here's the most important thing to do- ENJOY LIFE!!!!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Whay do you mean? @justfortoday

Do you mean you experience glimplses where the self, the "i" totally dissapears and you see that reality is whole and complete? 

If so, do they happen by themselves or do you induce them? 

If so, how do you remember what it was when "you" come back? 

@justfortoday Can you describe the moment you realised you were awake? It sounds like you think it is permanent, not psychedelic induced?

If so, did you have some period of being incapacitated? or a long retreat?

What kind of practices were you doing to trigger this realisation?

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

Sounds like you just realized that you (the human identity) are in a dream that you (God) created. You were dreaming and bought into the dream as being real. You forgot you were the dreamer, and thought you were the character in the dream. Now you understand that you are the dream itself. You are now lucid dreaming. You are awake in the dream. What are you going to dream up?

On 9/13/2020 at 8:42 PM, justfortoday said:

Hello friends. After my awakening a few days ago, I have experienced multiple instances of non dual states / extreme collapse of subject/object duality. To say it is shocking is an understatement. I perceive reality as a self-aware hologram now. It is utterly remarkable.

Even now using words like “I” “me” “my” seems silly, but hey, language.

How do I lead my life in this state? My interest in mundane activities has evaporated. I seem to be happier being by myself, than around other people. Awakening seems to me both incredible and terrifying as well. 

TLDR; I awoke and now don’t know where to take this next.

Any advice is appreciated.

Totally normal.    It will take time for your levels of consciousness to come down to normal human levels.  As you mentioned you are hitting non-dual mystical states of consciousness spontaneously.   And these are often accompanied  by massive realizations.  It's a lot to take in.

It is both wonderful and terrifying because awakening is the ultimate miracle but you have no one to share this with because you are totally One.

In time you will come back around to embracing duality and then you can begin to really hone in on finding life purpose again and ways to service mankind which ultimately is an expression of you.  With awakening comes responsibility  ?   As everything is you, you start to care about everything not just yourself.. yet at the same time you can continually work on improving yourself, becoming more and more conscious, and being a more selfless and loving person that others can learn from.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Totally normal.    It will take time for your levels of consciousness to come down to normal human levels.  As you mentioned you are hitting non-dual mystical states of consciousness spontaneously.   And these are often accompanied  by massive realizations.  It's a lot to take in.

It is both wonderful and terrifying because awakening is the ultimate miracle but you have no one to share this with because you are totally One.

In time you will come back around to embracing duality and then you can begin to really hone in on finding life purpose again and ways to service mankind which ultimately is an expression of you.  With awakening comes responsibility  ?   As everything is you, you start to care about everything not just yourself.. yet at the same time you can continually work on improving yourself, becoming more and more conscious, and being a more selfless and loving person that others can learn from.

My egoic mind is thinking: so now you are alone, so it's nothing more to achieve, so you are stuck being god for the eternity .  But I guess it should be wonderful that realization , over all because I'm almost sure that it's the reality. I understand it's terrifing too

Leo kind of explains what you're going through in his video "How To Do Self-Inquiry" around minute 35.  But he dosen't explain the "how to" integrate Nothingness again after awakaning.

@justfortoday consider starting a new hobby, like electric mountain biking, definitely the next step ;) 

I was going downhill 57 km/h in the forest today and realized, yeah, that's it :D 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

On 9/15/2020 at 3:44 AM, Shmurda said:

@justfortoday Can you describe the moment you realised you were awake? It sounds like you think it is permanent, not psychedelic induced?

If so, did you have some period of being incapacitated? or a long retreat?

What kind of practices were you doing to trigger this realisation?

Absolutely - it felt like a complete shift in awareness - I don't take psychedelics.

I had to sit down and breathe deeply as this shift was extremely radical. 

As far as practices, just meditation, a few months of self-inquiry and once a week I smoke copious amounts of marijuana which has helped me tremendously.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:11 AM, nitramadas said:

"awakening"

By this you mean Green, I presume? You're leaving Orange? 

That's what "new agers" lol usually mean when they say that.

..wait, reading your post, that's not so clear now.  Normally with green you start to really feel love and want to connect with others.  Did you ever go through that? If not,  it's possible you're awakening...  INTO orange OR blue, lol, but that would be a mean thing to suggest.  I'd be surprised seeing a blue here.  They're usually less annoying than orange, but also more boring.

I haven't delved into spiral dynamics yet - what I do know is that my stage of ego development is not up to par with the experiences I am having. They are coming fast and furious.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:19 PM, electroBeam said:

If you're asking for advice then you aren't awakened ;)

Possibility.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:35 AM, arlin said:

Whay do you mean? @justfortoday

Do you mean you experience glimplses where the self, the "i" totally dissapears and you see that reality is whole and complete? 

If so, do they happen by themselves or do you induce them? 

If so, how do you remember what it was when "you" come back? 

Correct. Complete merging with the world around you. The only psycho-active substance I use is marijuana once or twice a week so that tolerance does not build. 

Weed has induced partial ego death in me a couple of times before, but never like what I've experienced the last couple of days (without) smoking anything.

14 hours ago, mavelezm said:

Leo kind of explains what you're going through in his video "How To Do Self-Inquiry" around minute 35.  But he dosen't explain the "how to" integrate Nothingness again after awakaning.

Thank you for that. I will check it out.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:53 AM, Jed Vassallo said:

Sounds like you just realized that you (the human identity) are in a dream that you (God) created. You were dreaming and bought into the dream as being real. You forgot you were the dreamer, and thought you were the character in the dream. Now you understand that you are the dream itself. You are now lucid dreaming. You are awake in the dream. What are you going to dream up?

Very good question - I do not know yet. 

On 9/15/2020 at 3:03 AM, LfcCharlie4 said:

Also, I'm biased but I recommend reading 1000 by Ramaji to understand the stages of awakening & how to deepen and integrate your own awakening. 

Enjoy! 

Oh, and here's the most important thing to do- ENJOY LIFE!!!!

Thanks for that, will definitely check it out. And yes, life is amazing. I have a new-found appreciation for it.

I am submerged in pure fucking magic.

Mindfuck.

On 9/14/2020 at 6:50 PM, willl said:

Up until recently I assume you have been putting most of your focus/time/energy into your own needs, desires and interests. (including escaping, becoming, achieving etc) which make it impossible to focus on anything bigger. Leave those behind, lower your personal needs, live more minimalistic, and use everything else to build something. a movement, activism, charity, solve a problem. Find out how you can give your life to the whole. 

Your assumption is correct : )

One thing I forgot to add was that I have studied the occult for years. Magick specifically.

I just never really thought reality would be THIS radical.

The insight that its ALL supernatural was really hard to swallow.

I am supernatural, so are you - there is ONLY the supernatural.

:o