Jennjenn

We are an uncivilized society that knows nothing

14 posts in this topic

How can we ever think that we know some type of truth, when not to long ago we used to believe that there was a giant turtle holding up the earth. 

I feel like I can’t have an opinion about anything because right now we are learning so much. Right now our evolutionary process is going 200 miles per hour. We learn something today and tomorrow we go deeper. The next day we go even deeper and so on. How can I have opinions? I have zero opinions. Or not. My opinion is that we can’t have opinions. We are an uncivilized society that knows NOTHING. 

I’ve been reading about aliens and they don’t think they are superior but just that they’re more evolved. But they feel sorry for us because they see us as vulnerable, unprotected beings that keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

I just know that I’m not turquoise or coral. I can even see the red shadows still in me and I understand why I still need them and where they’re coming from, I don’t even think that without my red side I would be alive right now. I also understand blue. I deeply understand the Conservative party because this world is fucking scary and they just want consistency, they want an stable society. They’re so fucking scare. Change is scary. They see everything that is going on as the end of times because it literally feels to them like everything they know to be true is collapsing, is fucking painful. For them green people are just idiots, irresponsible neo-hippies, that know nothing about the importance of protecting the structures of society. 

And green sees all the pain in the world and suffers. There is a green shift right now but these aren’t happy times for green. it is painful for green, they see the injustices, the corruption, they feel the backlash... so they go to protests during the day and then they cry themselves to sleep at night. 

And still, from a tear 1 perspective how can we even start to believe that we know something. That we know “the truth”. I’m willing to bet that no one who inhabits this earth knows “the truth”. Or maybe less than 0.001% percent. 

So, if you and me are not part of that 0.001 percent, let me tell you that whatever we think we know is a lie or is less than 0.001% true. 

And after saying all of this. Let me tell you that I’m probably very wrong, lol.

Edited by Jennjenn

You're just having the realization that most people are bullshitting themselves and you're no longer playing the game. Which is a good thing because the game is bullshit, but feels awful and scary because now you don't feel grounded in anything.

There is nothing to stand on or hold onto, and you're stuck swimming.

Realize the swimming is actually a good thing, it's making you stronger while others are lazily lying on islands of delusion and their muscles are atrophying.

You aren't going to drown, you're gonna be ok :)

hrhrhtewgfegege

Yep COVID made this very obvious to me. No one knows wtf they're doing they're just controlled by their own fears. We're just chimps with technology.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

You aren't going to drown, you're gonna be ok :)

This is the sweetest thing that anyone has EVER say to me. 

3 minutes ago, Osaid said:

We're just chimps with technology.

And our technology is not even dial up, it is hitting a tree with a stick to communicate with noise. 

4 hours ago, Jennjenn said:

How can we ever think that we know some type of truth, when not to long ago we used to believe that there was a giant turtle holding up the earth. 

I feel like I can’t have an opinion about anything because right now we are learning so much. Right now our evolutionary process is going 200 miles per hour. We learn something today and tomorrow we go deeper. The next day we go even deeper and so on. How can I have opinions? I have zero opinions. Or not. My opinion is that we can’t have opinions. We are an uncivilized society that knows NOTHING. 

I’ve been reading about aliens and they don’t think they are superior but just that they’re more evolved. But they feel sorry for us because they see us as vulnerable, unprotected beings that keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

I just know that I’m not turquoise or coral. I can even see the red shadows still in me and I understand why I still need them and where they’re coming from, I don’t even think that without my red side I would be alive right now. I also understand blue. I deeply understand the Conservative party because this world is fucking scary and they just want consistency, they want an stable society. They’re so fucking scare. Change is scary. They see everything that is going on as the end of times because it literally feels to them like everything they know to be true is collapsing, is fucking painful. For them green people are just idiots, irresponsible neo-hippies, that know nothing about the importance of protecting the structures of society. 

And green sees all the pain in the world and suffers. There is a green shift right now but these aren’t happy times for green. it is painful for green, they see the injustices, the corruption, they feel the backlash... so they go to protests during the day and then they cry themselves to sleep at night. 

And still, from a tear 1 perspective how can we even start to believe that we know something. That we know “the truth”. I’m willing to bet that no one who inhabits this earth knows “the truth”. Or maybe less than 0.001% percent. 

So, if you and me are not part of that 0.001 percent, let me tell you that whatever we think we know is a lie or is less than 0.001% true. 

And after saying all of this. Let me tell you that I’m probably very wrong, lol.

I agree and am on that team too.

The right answers to almost all questions seem to be:

1. It's complicated

2. I don't know

10 minutes ago, Epikur said:

1. It's complicated

2. I don't know

Hahaha... Masterful!

I think everything happens for a purpose and the truth is absolute yet also infinity, yes it’s redundant and been said on this forum a million times but it’s not about “knowing the truth” or “not knowing the truth” it’s about realizing the absolute truth is that you can never know the whole truth lmao paradoxically, so don’t sweat it, infinity has infinity to experience itself, it’s all going according to the flow whether is the happiest day of your life or if you commit suicide. But agreed in a “human form” we aren’t that evolved and without getting too much into my beliefs there is much to learn on planet earth in this dream so why not enjoy it. We don’t exist anywhere anyway hahaha

Edited by Gidiot

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." 

- Socrates (allegedly) 

@Jennjenn this is such an important insight that you've had. Really when you think about it to have a strong opinion or pick a side on anything is to block out probably most of the truth and then fight for your partial truth against someone else's partial truth, it's a kind of insanity. We do it because the human mind likes certainty, we hate not knowing and uncertainty so in the inevitable absence of certainty, we hold onto some story whether it's true or not is not important.

So it's scary but embrace your not knowing it really frees your mind. 

3 hours ago, Epikur said:

1. It's complicated

2. I don't know

Very good, if we're truly honest this is the answer to nearly all questions 

@Consept relative truth is a beautiful thing. If we want to play the game as humans on earth we gotta respect it

1 hour ago, Gidiot said:

@Consept relative truth is a beautiful thing. If we want to play the game as humans on earth we gotta respect it

Of course but there has to the understanding of why relative truth is different from actual truth. If you mistake relative truth for actual truth it plays out like what we see day to day. Just thinking about it though it must be so easy if you see your relative truth as ultimate truth 

I think we've made excellent progress the last 20 years. Things aren't perfect but we are humans...we have these string limbic animal drives within us....

Knowledge is power.  

Edited by sholomar

I finished in the top of my class at uni while at the same time believing I have no idea how biology works.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It's OK to not know everything. It's also OK to know nothing.

In fact, it's a self-evident fact that we know nothing. Instead of absolute knowledge,  we merely have ideas that we believe in. Even our very identities as frustrated little humans craving more understanding and control is ultimately another unfounded idea.