Leo Gura

Attention All! -- New, Stricter Quality Guidelines Now In Effect

148 posts in this topic

@Proserpina

5 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Masculine order leads feminine chaos.  

But to simply permanently ban her,  torment her and parade her as a possible consequence for anyone who crosses masculine order is immature to say the least.

This sounds quite the poetic hook. I think the restriction should mainly be at the political sub-forum or the spiritual sub-forum, where any type of distortion and denial like trolling has the strongest negative effect. Hopefully this doesn't foster trigger happy bannings.

8 hours ago, Forestluv said:

If the goal of a forum is to learn Spanish, isn't it a distraction if someone constantly posts Chinese video games? I think we would all agree this would be a distraction. The key is that we agree what "Spanish" is. If someone thought "Spanish" was about video gaming in various languages, they would perceive themself has being "censored" or "canceled" after they posted valuable "Spanish" examples of Chinese video games. 

Yes, I agree. The forum is Leo's forum, not everybody's forum. It's like he has decided to set up a get-together in his garden to invite people who are interested in his research to congregate and communicate. He has written down the rules and the range of topics and put it in front of the garden. He has the right to change them according to his evaluation of how this get-together aligns with his purpose. People who don't like them can raise their opinions to him. If he decides such opinions don't contribute best to his purpose, he doesn't have to change. People come and go freely. They can go and find other gardens where the rules and topics best suit them and save time for both sides. 

I run my own small forum too. I have a particular vision of what to discuss, the atmosphere, the size, the way people talk, etc. This picture won't be exactly the same with every member's vision of the forum, and sometimes quite the opposite. It's impossible to explain to everyone whose vision of the forum is quite different from mine. They can choose to stay or leave and that's perfectly okay.

I extend my appreciation to Leo and the moderators' effort in keeping this forum running and upgrading the standards. Thank you for your effort in responding to different views. I can't imagine how much patience it requires to do it voluntarily on your own time. 

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Proserpina

This sounds quite the poetic hook. I think the restriction should mainly be at the political sub-forum or the spiritual sub-forum, where any type of distortion and denial like trolling has the strongest negative effect. Hopefully this doesn't foster trigger happy bannings.

I'm expressing a deeper issue that obviously appears over the top. One can only martyr oneself so much. 

???????

On 9/14/2020 at 2:40 PM, Proserpina said:

As well though, we want to be careful. I managed two mystical experiences through this forum. We need a balance between not losing students who will be most open to transmission and also allowing capacities for posters with eccentricies (and disabilities) to grow. Too many restrictions will hinder openings.

'Remember' had the strongest capacity for transmission on this forum and she was banned for poor post quality.  We do not want to be too quick to judge who is a quality user and who is not. 

:x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 9/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, Forestluv said:

Ime, people are much less defensive when the person being evaluated is not them, however it is less direct. For example, I teach college students SD - we recently covered stage blue and discussed all sorts of different stage blue mentalities and students gave presentations of kkk, the amish, boy scouts, military etc. It's much easier for them to take a meta view when they are the observer. If I pointed at a student and said "OK, now let's take a look at YOUR blue level traits and views" - that is much more threatening. Yet observing others is often diluted. I have to remind the students that they may get some insight from observing others. As we observe Blue in others, do we have some in ourselves? What are the healthy and unhealthy aspects? What do we need to work on.

Great to hear that Spiral Dynamics is being taught in University classes; I actually listen to a number of podcasts and lectures from people in the world of Academia and don't hear Spiral Dynamics brought up very often. Not to mention that it wasn't a subject that was covered in any of my classes during my time in college.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 9/13/2020 at 1:00 AM, Space said:

No one is perfect, we all make mistakes and write things that in hindsight may have been inappropriate. There is a big difference between this and someone intentionally trolling, not being open minded, trying to create friction and arguments for the sake of self amusement etc.

Usually Leo's harsh words come from a place of wanting the other user to wake the fuck up and stop being so damn ignorant - it's really an expression of love and empathy, like a zen master wacking you on the back with a wooden stick.

Come on, I have seen un-awakened, unactualized individuals more humble and respectful when they disagree. This discourages discussion, actual back and forth dialogue in the forum, and boils it down to name calling and LOLing at each other. This is a huge weakness in Leo, rationalizing it as coming out of love is just wrong. This is the same argument my teachers used back when they would slap me across the face.

I think the catch-22 is that it's generally hard to find Conservatives who are thoughtful and open to growth, because that sort of mindset is inimical towards the rigid thinking needed to maintain that sort of worldview. And the ones that are open minded to growth will have already realized this and left that worldview behind them. While there's alot to be learned by interacting conspiracy theorists or religious fundamentalists, and it's important to understand what attracts people to these ways of thinking, there's plenty of others forums on the internet to do so. I would hope that the selection bias here is such that most of us are aware of the dangers of echo chambers, and that we have enough common sense to have interactions with the real world to counter balance this.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/