Leo Gura

Attention All! -- New, Stricter Quality Guidelines Now In Effect

148 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I agree that attitude, openness and intention are important factors. To me, that is what the guidelines are getting at: does the mind have an attitude of openness and intention to learn and grow - or is the mind closed with the intention to be dogmatic and advance an agenda?

Even though intention is important, impact is also a factor. Quite often the mind tries to shield itself with saying "It wasn't my intention. Or I was just joking" to evade responsibility. If a user name calls with racist slurs and has a disruptive impact, they don't get to absolve themself of all responsibility by saying "It wasn't my intention to be offensive. It's your responsibility for how you received it". Intention and impact are both factors. 

It is super common for a closed-mind to think that it is open-minded. 

Yes and close-mindedness can be a response to feeling misunderstood or disrespected. If people are set on changing others views/beliefs, they will only accomplish distinguishing themselves, feeling misheard, creating opposition/division 

21 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Steve wrote very long essays about his forum dynamics and why it collapsed. He wrote that it was due to under-moderation, entitlement, low quality users using "freedom of speech", under-moderation, higher quality users and moderators leaving and splintering of the community.

I was not part of Steve's forum. To me, he seems to have a very mature view of the dynamics on his forum and how it collapsed. In general, serious people working toward a goal are not going to put up with low quality crap. One can debate what counts as "low quality crap", yet there needs to be some standards. If someone is serious about learning Spanish and everyone in class is arguing over video games, the person is going to leave and find a Spanish school that is serious. 

I really like the increase in moderators on this forum i feel it balances out authority and connection between the members and mods. The standards can remain in the guidelines. Truthfulness, tolerance and compassion are great universal values from the spiritual practice of Falun Gong (just felt like sharing xD ) 

Edited by DrewNows

23 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Yes and close-mindedness can be a response to feeling misunderstood or disrespected. If people are set on changing others views/beliefs, they will only accomplish distinguishing themselves, feeling misheard, creating opposition/division 

It depends on context and degree.

If a forum's mission is to create solutions about climate change, climate change deniers are not a good fit for the forum. The purpose of the forum is not to argue about whether climate change exists. 

If a forum's mission is to address institutional racism - institutional racism deniers are not a good fit. The purpose the forum is not to discuss IF institutional racism exists, it is about HOW to fix institutional racism. 

A forum with the mission of promoting LGBTQ rights is not going to tolerate those pushing an agenda that homosexuality is evil as stated in religious scripture.

There needs to be standards and moderation - yet nobody likes to be told that they are sub-standard. An ego likes to think that it is the most awake and advanced. 

2 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

There needs to be some type of standards and moderation - yet nobody likes to be told that they are sub-standard. 

Isn't that exactly how spirituality was "moderated" by materialists a few centuries ago?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

14 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Isn't that exactly how spirituality was "moderated" by materialists a few centuries ago?

Of course. It's all relative. A materialist scientific forum will not tolerate what they perceive to be irrational, woo-woo nonsense.

And in 200 years, this forum will be relatively low conscious. Keep in mind that Leo is holding back and this forum / videos are a small fraction of what he's got. He's trying to help others evolve. 

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

Shadow work is essential in spiritual awakening. But Leo rarely talks about it, and his attitude towards it seems anti-shadow instead of integral. Leo's attitude is always more progressive than integral. This is something that should be made aware of.

@DrewNows Thanks for pointing this out.

its important I feel, to note, that when taking any sort of stance on an issue or topic, it creates a shadow. Depending on how attached someone is to their view, the more of an “issue” this will be for going beyond

15 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Of course. It's all relative. A materialist scientific forum will not tolerate what they perceive to be irrational, woo-woo nonsense.

Yet that doesn't mean algebra is as advanced as calculus. 

Hmmm..

So when Leo talks about God, he does not actually imply everything? If what you're saying is true, then it must mean that the god that Leo wants here is limited to certain things and not all inclusive.

What I mean is, if the forum has certain agendas and God has no agendas, can limited agendas contain unlimited God?

This creates a dilemma. Because it will be a hypocrisy to talk about God and then not live from that place.

If you want to have your agendas for the forum, by all means go ahead, but leave God outside of it. If you can't handle God, that means you are trying to use it. When you divide God into "high consciousness" and "low consciousness", that's ego, not God. And limitation, not infinity.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

16 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Hmmm..

So when Leo talks about God, he does not actually imply everything? If what you're saying is true, then it must mean that the god that Leo wants here is limited to certain things and not all inclusive.

What I mean is, if the forum has certain agendas and God has no agendas, can limited agendas contain unlimited God?

This creates a dilemma. Because it will be a hypocrisy to talk about God and then not living from that place.

If you want to have your agendas for the forum, by all means go ahead, but leave God outside of it. If you can't handle God, that means you are trying to use it.

Be careful, you lack understanding of God and are misleading others away from one of the forum's missions. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that it is unintentional, yet you are on thin ice. 

On 13.9.2020 at 6:15 PM, Forestluv said:

Someone who has a wiki level understanding of cell bio starts lecturing me on cell bio. When I try to reveal the limitations, I’m labeled an arrogant academic that was brainwashed by mainstream science. Any partial inaccuracies I point out becomes “You are censoring me! You are tryin to cancel me! My idea that I heard from a YTuber is more valid than your 20 years of dedicated research and study of this idea”.

Is there a way of expanding their perspective without them getting defensive?

Alot of SD green people which I am in regular contact with show this kind of defensiveness for self-validation. Until now, I held myself back to gently question their beliefs & direct their caring perspective on what consequences would arise if their myopic caring perspective has its way.

17 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Leo is holding back

You mean holding back as to not scare ppl off & to evolve them?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

19 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Be careful, you lack understanding of God and are misleading others away from one of the forum's missions. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that it is unintentional, yet you are on thin ice. 

The same old response; I disagree with one of the "godly" team, and suddenly, I'm simply not awake or maybe even a devil, obviously.

What happened to your ability to speak in depth?

Edited by Gesundheit

48 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

Is there a way of expanding their perspective without them getting defensive?

Alot of SD green people which I am in regular contact with show this kind of defensiveness for self-validation. Until now, I held myself back to gently question their beliefs & direct their caring perspective on what consequences would arise if their myopic caring perspective has its way.

Ime, people are much less defensive when the person being evaluated is not them, however it is less direct. For example, I teach college students SD - we recently covered stage blue and discussed all sorts of different stage blue mentalities and students gave presentations of kkk, the amish, boy scouts, military etc. It's much easier for them to take a meta view when they are the observer. If I pointed at a student and said "OK, now let's take a look at YOUR blue level traits and views" - that is much more threatening. Yet observing others is often diluted. I have to remind the students that they may get some insight from observing others. As we observe Blue in others, do we have some in ourselves? What are the healthy and unhealthy aspects? What do we need to work on?

It's a very different dynamic when pointing out one's self to them. I'm not very skillful in this area - I would make an awful psychologist. Quite often, I speak impersonally - that is great when we are doing an impersonal observation about how the mind of a tribal person works. I can put up a video of a racist person and say "Notice how his mind is structured and how he is defending certain views" - yet it s very different when I say "Notice how YOUR mind does xyz". People often take this personally - and I'm not very skilled at it. Look how many people I piss off on the forum when I say "Notice how the mind just did xyz". People don't like it. 

48 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

You mean holding back as to not scare ppl off & to evolve them?

I don't know. I can tell when someone has been certain places. I've been to some of those places, yet not all.  

42 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

The same old response; I disagree with one of the "godly" team, and suddenly, I'm simply not awake or maybe even a devil, obviously.

What happened to your ability to speak in depth?

I'm happy to speak common language with you, yet I can't speak a language with you that you know not exists. It's important one realizes their limitation. Don't speak on a language you don't know exists as if you know. That is misleading to those trying to learn the language. If you have no interest in learning the language, that's fine - yet don't interfere with those on the forum learning it. 

I don't know why some of you don't like this change. Have you guys read what he updated in the rules? It's quite reasonable. We don't need this place turning into a cesspool and having political threads being diverted every other post arguing over how how qannon is legit etc. it's such a waste of time and it just helps these toxic political movements. 

Edited by Lyubov

On 13/09/2020 at 9:46 AM, Leo Gura said:

So.....

After years of running this forum and watching things unfold, I have come to a firm decision that what this place has been lacking from the very beginning is a high bar for quality. 

I Thank-you Leo for taking that into notice, after few days being consistent on the forum I felt it was less of value seeing repetitive topics again n again, but I just saw this and now I'm quite happy n excited over again let's make this forum the best place to learn and self-actualize, so that when we visit we are involved in some genuine and high-conscious activity and not like some other random place,periodt.

P.S. Again I thank Leo, some policing was inevitable and absolutely necessary also it's my humble appeal to everyone to make this forum what it is intended for.❣️

Thanks and Regards?

@Leo Gurahave you considered creating a "stupid questions" thread where people can ask questions that might don't deserve a thread on their own?

48 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Ime, people are much less defensive when the person being evaluated is not them, however it is less direct. For example, I teach college students SD - we recently covered stage blue and discussed all sorts of different stage blue mentalities and students gave presentations of kkk, the amish, boy scouts, military etc.

That's so cool. What type of course is it and how are you incorporating it into the course?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Lyubov The change is fine.  

I'm just pointing out possible issues for others to take into account.  Plus now I have two guns to my head.  Not such a great feeling,  ya know?

???????

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That's so cool. What type of course is it and how are you incorporating it into the course?

It's a freshman level "First Year Experience" course. It is intended to teach study skills, life skills, critical thinking skills and community building. SD is good because it teaches about values - they can look at their own values and that of others. We can also look at current affairs - such as the social unrest in the U.S  and how people at different stages would view it Plus, the presentations are pretty easy for them - freshman students often have a lot of anxiety about public speaking. 

11 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

It's a freshman level "First Year Experience" course. It is intended to teach study skills, life skills, critical thinking skills and community building. SD is good because it teaches about values - they can look at their own values and that of others. We can also look at current affairs - such as the social unrest in the U.S  and how people at different stages would view it Plus, the presentations are pretty easy for them - freshman students often have a lot of anxiety about public speaking. 

Ah nice! If only they knew how lucky they are haha

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Ah nice! If only they knew how lucky they are haha

Exactly! Most 18 year olds are not exposed to it and they have no idea how powerful it can be in their life. They have been conditioned to simply memorize facts for exams.