Leo Gura

Attention All! -- New, Stricter Quality Guidelines Now In Effect

148 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Opo said:

@Leo Gura Thank you I was feeling exhausted by the close-minded stuff. 

You're not thinking about my stress state. 

Does Leo care about people's stress state? He's been bashing me with that stick mercilessly for months.  People aren't in their right minds.

???????

21 minutes ago, Space said:

Usually Leo's harsh words come from a place of wanting the other user to wake the fuck up and stop being so damn ignorant - it's really an expression of love and empathy, like a zen master wacking you on the back with a wooden stick.

See, this gets problematic, because we should also assume the same thing about the other side. Of course, assuming we want to be objective. And honestly, phrasing it like this makes it sound like Leo is the ultimate authority that knows better than everyone else, and that everyone else is just puppets that are supposed to be nodding their heads to whatever he says.

These lines are completely drawn arbitrarily. Who is ignorant, and who is not? Of course, Leo would think that everyone else is ignorant except himself. And I would think everyone else is ignorant except myself. And you would think everyone else is ignorant except yourself. But this eventually becomes an excuse for closed-mindedness. Okay, we have the truth right here. Anyone who disagrees cannot be above us, and therefore they're below us, and therefore they're wrong and deluded. And BAM, they deserve the ban.

Even though, a lot of times the critics are generally very neutral and don't have sharp edges or any trollish attitudes, you'll usually see Leo bashing them with something harsh. And now you're justifying this behavior as the right thing to do. Come on, man.

Plus, these new policies are probably motivated by some political disagreements about how corrupt Trump is. I've only seen Leo emphasizing on the guidelines and forum policies after he started his political route. Before that, he was very tolerant of all perspectives and the forum was doing very well.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

3 minutes ago, Ya know said:

I'm wondering why you would be against people meeting up in the same city? Wouldn't that be kind of cool to meet someone like minded?

Because when such things are organized they are easily abused and turn into cults because they are not moderated or supervised.

You are free to meet up with people you meet on this forum through PM. But don't organize any large gatherings publicly. I know plenty of people meet up one on one through PM connections. That is fine. The risk there is on you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Akemrelax said:

I have seen you break your own rules. Calling people fools, denying male rape, and other trollish behavior and other insults... 

It's also a matter of context in addition to tone,,, I'm glad to see a move toward a more thoughtful, higher quality forum. Just hope my occasional irreverent moods don't get me into trouble. ??

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Gesundheit Dude, your way over thinking this. Stop wasting your time.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

54 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

See, this gets problematic, because we should also assume the same thing about the other side. 

Yes it all comes from love, but there are huge differences in the degrees of that love. 

Edited by Opo

54 minutes ago, Space said:

wasting your time.

True. Dunno why I cared. 

???????

No wild-eyed ranting and raving, or posting while drunk or high.

I'm not drunk nor high, but I feel like half my posts would be considered wild-eyed ranting and raving, lol. I guess I will have to journal in private.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

When I read this thread, I see someone condoning an attitude of not stopping or thinking you've reached an end with words like emptiness or love. 

I talk from my POV. I'm not the one with a vision for what this place is. Or the one thinking about how these things steadily rise and effect the whole atmosphere. The way that everyone who isn't me engages with certain things isn't something I factor in either. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Just keep calm and carry on. You already know that 90% of posts are irrelevent to you, and 90% of you won't be here in a few months. Why take it personally? Keep up the good work @Leo Gura and mods.

All stories and explanations are false.

3 hours ago, Space said:

@Gesundheit Dude, your way over thinking this. Stop wasting your time.

This kind of reply (gaslighting/strawmanning) makes me wonder if some of you (mods) have an independent mind of yours or if Leo can somehow control you telepathically.

None of you seem to have ever disagreed with anything Leo says. Not even once have I ever seen a moderator having a discussion with Leo with an opposing opinion. You're never in disagreement. And I'm not talking about some toxic pointless kind of back and forth arguing, just a simple civil disagreement. Never. Not even once. Is this a coincidence? Or does Leo's enlightenment somehow come in the same package with the green letters?

Dude, your way not thinking at all. Start using your mind.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

22 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

This kind of reply (gaslighting/strawmanning) makes me wonder if some of you (mods) have an independent mind of yours or if Leo can somehow control you telepathically

Lol

Genesis 27:27-29

@Leo Gura I agree wholeheartedly with this decision, it's been a long time coming. I am normally against more restrictions and control but in this particular case I think this is what the forum needs. It's time to troll-cull :D

@Gesundheit

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

This kind of reply (gaslighting/strawmanning) makes me wonder if some of you (mods) have an independent mind of yours or if Leo can somehow control you telepathically.

None of you seem to have ever disagreed with anything Leo says. Not even once have I ever seen a moderator having a discussion with Leo with an opposing opinion. You're never in disagreement. And I'm not talking about some toxic pointless kind of back and forth arguing, just a simple civil disagreement. Never. Not even once. Is this a coincidence? Or does Leo's enlightenment somehow come in the same package with the green letters?

What this forum needs is a course on basic tutorial of using this website, posting high quality threads and replies, 5-7 hours of content on how to use this forum, post high quality posts and identify low quality posts, and a few hours of clarity on debating versus discussing, I've interacted with some users who admitted to me that they haven't even known an ignore option was available! You can ignore trouble making users here, yet that wasn't taught the first time becoming a member, and other basic online functions here. I was harassed here years back and I could've saved myself the headache if I knew the ignore option was a thing.

@Opo

6 minutes ago, Opo said:

@Danioover9000 I think that if people read the guidelines it would solve most of these problems. 

Sure, people need guidelines, but a basic course on using this forum and doing high quality posts is really important, especially for users that don't over browse the interent, and still learning. You're faith in online users is too much!

Nowhere in the guidelines teaches me how to post high quality posts ( the old version not the new updated guidelines) and how I use basic features of my user and profile and something basic like that.

2 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

To me, you this is missing various context. In traditional debates, two people have opposing positions and debates. Yet once the mind expands into multi-perspectival, big picture, integration of ideas, experience, feeling etc. This allows for understanding paradox partial truth, and relativity. Someone might say “Awakening is a single realization of One singularity”. In one context, that is true and we could have a great discussion on it. Yet it’s limited. The same person could say “Awakening is not a single realization, it is a series of realizations leading to deeper understanding of One singularity”. The same person could say “Awakening has many forms and there are many facets to awaken to”, Or “There is no personal awakening since there is no person to awaken. There is only Nowness”. 

To many people, this would sound inconsistent and they want to know which of the seemingly conflicting statements is correct. Two people take two opposing positions and debate whether the Ox is a tail or a hoof.  That’s very different than one person fixating on the hoof, observing and asking “is what you’re pointing to kinda long and stringy?”

Imagine someone who is only aware that one language exists. Anything not spoken in their language will be seen as wrong. Now imagine someone who speaks 100 languages. They will be much better to understand a much wider range of linguistic context. He could tell others, “Actually, what he is saying is true in Chinese, yet you would need to learn Chinese to understand”. Many people don’t like that because they have a deep desire to already know, be right and defend their position. “There is no Chinese! You are so arrogant! That is woo-woo! You are inconsistent! You are censoring me! You are cancelling me!”. It is a much rarer mind that asks “Interesting. Perhaps I’m limiting my self and missing something. I’m curious what this so-called ‘Chinese’ thing is. Perhaps he is using the term in a context I’m unaware of”.

I’ve often seen someone have an expansive awakening, yet contract themself within that new idea set. This can be a great stage of exploration within the contraction, yet it often becomes dogmatic and argumentative. A person grown in a religious home may awaken that the Bible is not 100% literal and true. They may realize that God isn’t a vengeful man in the sky. These are massive realizations of expansion, yet the mind can the contract into “The Bible is 100% bullshit and god doesn’t exist. I’m an atheist. Prove me wrong”.  The mind loves to think in opposites, take one side. As a result, there is a now a new problematic mindset  to solve. 

I would also consider mission. What is the mission of a forum? To learn calculus? Yoga postures? Train for a marathon? What level of instruction will we provide? There needs to be some threshold level to participate, a willingness to grow and rules against disruption. If a newbie goes to an advanced yoga class, it won’t be good for them or the class. They could get injured. If someone enters yelling Yoga is BS and Pilates is the one true way, that is disruptive. If someone insists that downward dog is the only position in yoga, that’s disruptive. If someone enters saying that the yoga teachers are so arrogant, always in agreement with each other, I now more about yoga than the teachers, this should be an anything goes yoga studio are all problematic. And some newbies think they can come in and start arguing with the yoga teacher during class over stuff they don’t fully understand. They think they know as much as the instructor. Like someone learning downward dog and now they think they are some yogi that can spout off their opinions as if they carry as much weight as a yogi that has spent years and thousands of hours immersed in yoga. That aint gonna if there are serious teachers and students. Learning is a balance between openness and questioning. Between groundless and grounding. If some wants to fight for their patch of grounding, it’s not going to work.

58 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

What this forum needs is a course on basic tutorial of using this website, posting high quality threads and replies, 5-7 hours of content on how to use this forum, post high quality posts and identify low quality posts, and a few hours of clarity on debating versus discussing,

I think this could be helpful for people that are serious about learning and developing. Yet most problematic users refuse to spend 5min. reading the forum guidelines. There is no way they will spend 5-7 hours learning about how to use the forum, posting high quality threads etc. Most of the problematic users think they already know how to use the forum and that they are already posting high quality threads. 

@Forestluv 

What you're saying is in no way exclusive to moderators/Leo. A lot of highly developed people are on the forum as well, and they disagree with Leo. That doesn't make them underdeveloped, but just honest.