Into The Void

THERE IS NO GOD

20 posts in this topic

If the study of non-duality has taught me anything, it is this: You cannot know who you are. All you can know for sure is what you are not. You are not the body, the mind, feelings, opinions. What is left? We are told by psychonauts and spiritual masters that what remains is consciousness or God. This is a mental construct. If we cannot know who we are, how can we know we are God? What an ego boost to imagine that God is running this biological machine. The words "God" and "Consciousness" refer to no-thing. They refer to the unknown. The mind says "aha!". I know all about what these words represent. I know about God and consciousness because I have worked hard and have achieved a higher level of understanding. It is still a mental construct. You believe in these mental constructs. You have faith in them. They are all concepts and you are deluding yourselves. I'll repeat; you cannot know who you are, If you think you know who you are, then you have fallen into the mind trap. You have focused on these mental constructs and believe you are on the road to understanding God, emptiness, love and the Universe. These words are concepts. They are "shots in the dark" aimed at the great mystery. Awaken to who you are not. Do not chase after mirages. If chasing mirages brings you happiness, then by all means do. The Universe is happening. It is not happening to a someone. Everything else is a story about what is happening. It's okay. Relax. You do not HAVE to know everything. If their is some underlying intelligence involved in creation then accept it; you cannot know what this intelligence is. If you think you know then you are chasing a mind construct. 

1 why you say that you aren't the body? You could be. An universe materialistic, millions of years of evolución, and voila, a body with a brain that think and talk, an algorithm, but you perceive that it isn't like that, itsnt it?

2 if you do psichodelics, especially 5 meo , you perceive the eternity and the conciousness, and Is more or less the same for everyone, and almost the same than the description of the mistics

Edited by Breakingthewall

I think that leo and others have known this for very long. That's why they keep going.

Except that there is, and you can directly become conscious of it. You can know, and it won't be delusion. The mental constructs are seen as mental constructs; i.e. mirrors that reflect the truth. Other mental constructs are necessarily wrong because they don't reflect the truth. It's very simple.

Also, you're saying we can't know. But ask yourself: "How do I know that we can't know?"

82c50c0ko1631.gif

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 minute ago, arlin said:

I think that leo and others have known this for very long. That's why they keep going.

People keep going thinking they know all kinds of shit.

@Breakingthewall Exactly.

Hundreds and thousand of years and tradition, so many so many people who seek.

Why they did it? There must be a why, otherwise everyone would say this and not do anything. 

Nothing wrong with living in not knowing btw.

@Johnny5 it's actually very simple. How much do you want to know. Do you want to know or not?

How big is the burning desire inside?

If you try, you might be totally wrong. However, you will die. Same as for everyone who also might be wrong or right, and at least you have lived a life where you feel you don't regret.

1 minute ago, arlin said:

@Johnny5 it's actually very simple. How much do you want to know. Do you want to know or not?

How big is the burning desire inside?

If you try, you might be totally wrong. However, you will die. Same as for everyone who also might be wrong or right, and at least you have lived a life where you feel you don't regret.

Go for it  (no joke). Make it a good one. ? 

In the past the people who felt the calling and wanted to know the truth have to do enormous sacrifices, renunciation to the society, years of meditation, be really smart to differentiate the delusions of the truth, and maybe they never had a real awakening. Now you could buy 5 meo, sit in you room, do it and you will go to the same place than that people, maybe deeper. so if you don't do it's because you aren't really wanting the truth

1 hour ago, Into The Void said:

If the study of non-duality has taught me anything, it is this: You cannot know who you are. All you can know for sure is what you are not. You are not the body, the mind, feelings, opinions. What is left? We are told by psychonauts and spiritual masters that what remains is consciousness or God. This is a mental construct. If we cannot know who we are, how can we know we are God? What an ego boost to imagine that God is running this biological machine. The words "God" and "Consciousness" refer to no-thing. They refer to the unknown. The mind says "aha!". I know all about what these words represent. I know about God and consciousness because I have worked hard and have achieved a higher level of understanding. It is still a mental construct. You believe in these mental constructs. You have faith in them. They are all concepts and you are deluding yourselves. I'll repeat; you cannot know who you are, If you think you know who you are, then you have fallen into the mind trap. You have focused on these mental constructs and believe you are on the road to understanding God, emptiness, love and the Universe. These words are concepts. They are "shots in the dark" aimed at the great mystery. Awaken to who you are not. Do not chase after mirages. If chasing mirages brings you happiness, then by all means do. The Universe is happening. It is not happening to a someone. Everything else is a story about what is happening. It's okay. Relax. You do not HAVE to know everything. If their is some underlying intelligence involved in creation then accept it; you cannot know what this intelligence is. If you think you know then you are chasing a mind 

Apparently you have not reach high enough, you are talking about a deep understanding of reality but obvious you don't know. It is infinite imagination. Period.

Edited by Adamq8

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

1 hour ago, Into The Void said:

If the study of non-duality has taught me anything, it is this: You cannot know who you are. All you can know for sure is what you are not. You are not the body, the mind, feelings, opinions. What is left? We are told by psychonauts and spiritual masters that what remains is consciousness or God. This is a mental construct. If we cannot know who we are, how can we know we are God? What an ego boost to imagine that God is running this biological machine. The words "God" and "Consciousness" refer to no-thing. They refer to the unknown. The mind says "aha!". I know all about what these words represent. I know about God and consciousness because I have worked hard and have achieved a higher level of understanding. It is still a mental construct. You believe in these mental constructs. You have faith in them. They are all concepts and you are deluding yourselves. I'll repeat; you cannot know who you are, If you think you know who you are, then you have fallen into the mind trap. You have focused on these mental constructs and believe you are on the road to understanding God, emptiness, love and the Universe. These words are concepts. They are "shots in the dark" aimed at the great mystery. Awaken to who you are not. Do not chase after mirages. If chasing mirages brings you happiness, then by all means do. The Universe is happening. It is not happening to a someone. Everything else is a story about what is happening. It's okay. Relax. You do not HAVE to know everything. If their is some underlying intelligence involved in creation then accept it; you cannot know what this intelligence is. If you think you know then you are chasing a mind construct. 

Of course, God is just a word.

It just describes the misterious, eternal, loving Self that created/creates Reality.

So God pretty much is a good word. But you could call if Sasquatch if you'd like.

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Of course, God is just a word.

It just describes the misterious, eternal, loving Self that created/creates Reality.

So God pretty much is a good word. But you could call if Sasquatch if you'd like.

+1

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

People in this forum... xD

I don't know how you say there is no God and then proceed the say the Universe is happening, haha, guess that non-duality.

Edited by SgtPepper

@Into The Void Do not spread misinformation on this forum.

You simply are not conscious of what God/You is.

Have the decency to not infect others with your ignorance.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.