Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prkson69

Do I need to refine my impact statement more?

5 posts in this topic

So I've reached the Impact Statement part of the LP course, and after spending quite some time contemplating, I've come up with this: "To change how people live life so that they become more fulfilled". The problem is for me, this impact statement sounds pretty generic when compared to other life purpose examples provided in the course. What do you guys think? Do I have more refining to do?

1 hour ago, prkson69 said:

So I've reached the Impact Statement part of the LP course, and after spending quite some time contemplating, I've come up with this: "To change how people live life so that they become more fulfilled". The problem is for me, this impact statement sounds pretty generic when compared to other life purpose examples provided in the course. What do you guys think? Do I have more refining to do?

you need to add your zone of genius in front of that statement, and find a medium you want to express that with

Edited by ROOBIO

It's okay as long as you know what it stands for. Technically, your Impact Statement could be a single word - the formulation is for your convenience and usually works better. Yours seems fine to me, but now you will combine the Impact Statement with your Zone of Genius, Ideal Medium and Domain of Mastery to formulate a clear Life Purpose. It can be very simple. For example, my Impact Statement is:

To capture a human heart in immersion, taking it on a journey.

Then I simply added a single phrase (Ideal Medium):

To capture a human heart in immersion through writing, taking it on a journey.

That's already a framed Life Purpose, though I recaptured its core:

To bring people to authenticity and love by overwhelming them with Beauty. 

Simple. :)

@SirVladimir @ROOBIO Thank you very much for your feedback. I think I've finally nailed my life purpose, though there'll certainly be minor tweaks in the future. Can't wait to finish the course and start the real work.

Life purpose: To create thought-provoking content that changes people's way of life, making them more fulfilled.

Zone of Genius:
Communicating messages using multimedia

Domain of mastery: Videography

Ideal medium: (Still pondering)

@prkson69 Good work! Regarding the ideal medium, it could simply be digital videos. However, your Life Purpose is tangible in that regard. You could switch the medium while keeping the core purpose intact.

And besides the obvious videos, the medium could also be something like extraordinaire theatre plays. Or a completely new form of art. 

Edited by SirVladimir