SunCat

The Truth About Conscious Politics Leo Refuses To See

90 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

You left out the second half. That will recontextualize the meaning. 

??

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

18 minutes ago, datamonster said:

I believe censoring people is not the way to go, especially on a self-improvement forum where people are supposed to grow. The crazier people's ideas are, the more they need Leo and not get bannished by him.

I think this sounds idealistically good on paper, yet not so good in the real world. Unmoderated forums devolve into a toxic mess. Look what happened to Steve Pavlina’s forum. He had an awesome personal development forum, yet it was destroyed with a lack of moderation.  

When you say someone with crazy ideas shouldn’t get banned - is that unconditional for you? If someone posts 300 times per day crazy Jim Jones cult ideas, threatens others and refuses to behave - would you allow that?. An anything goes absolutist arena is problematic. 

Yet I would also say that where to draw the line can be very difficult and one can go to another extreme in which rules are overly strict. At the other extreme, any dissenting idea from a particular ideology is not tolerated - and this can lead to cultishness. 

49 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

@datamonster I would draw a distinction between considering various perspectives from a meta view vs. being immersed within an ideology and promoting that agenda. For example, the recent video you posted was a meta view looking at a spectrum of ideology from patriotism to nationalism to fascism. And, how a mind can become conditioned to progress from one extreme to another. The Youtuber considered fascist views and spoke of them. That is very different than a YouTuber promoting fascist ideology and trying to recruit people into fascism. The YouTuber you linked spoke of this distinction at the start of the video. 

It’s not the ideology itself. It’s more about the mind’s relationship to the ideology. How tightly is the mind attached and identified to the ideology and trying to push that agenda? What harmful impact could that have on a community? A forum without rules will devolve. An ‘anything goes’ forum will succumb to entropy and devolve into 4-Chan. 

Maintaining a nice garden takes moderation and work. A gardener needs to pull out weeds. Yet of course the weeds will say “I’m not a weed, I’m a flower!!”. And this is relative.

Well said.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

From the title, what is that conscious politics truth? I'd like to know.

4 minutes ago, datamonster said:

I agree with you. There is a line somewhere. 

I just think that when it comes to politics, Leo is quite intolerant and I feel he's contradicting himself and is not practising his own teachings a lot here, which is a turn off for me.

There's no problem with that per se, but I can't see him as a as good a teacher for politics as he is for self-improvement and spirituality. Too ideological. At least for me personally...

What would a good teacher for politics look like?

@datamonster It can be difficult to determine where to draw lines. That’s one reason I’m glad I’m not a parent. I’d get so frustrated with constantly having to draw lines in grey areas with my kids. 

2 hours ago, SunCat said:

@louhad And none of the sources you provide show any evidence of election interference having a significant impact.

You also keep using pro-imperialist sources. Vox is a joke. Also, you still trust US intelligence especially after the innumerable times they lied us into war and coups in other countries?

brother I was not trying to argue about the degree of russian interference... That is up in the air, but given how tight the election was... I would not be shocked if it actually did make a difference... besides the point. You can discredit sources on an ungrounded basis if it is convenient in maintaining your worldview... facts are Trump's campaign was doing shady dealings with russia and there was russian influence in the 2016 election. I don't know why you are marginalizing the findings of the bipartisan intelligence committee, while seemingly putting so many chips in the mueller report and year old analysis surrounding it when it was not very comprehensive relative to the new report.... 

4 hours ago, purerogue said:

For someone so conscious and superior it should be no  problems to put together proper arguments, but what I get here is constant childish behaviours, it is k if you disagree, but can you at least try to make proper argument of why, what you are doing now is just sad. 

You call me childish and yet you say things like "in your opinion it is alright to put secretly recorded audios,emails, twist and put information as they want about Trump, but when it comes to  showing dirt about Democrat party it now interference with election, ohh god. " 

I never said that was ok and I am against corruption no matter where it is. I never claimed to be "conscious and superior". I am not a democrat at all and am highly critical of their dealings. Notice how you are making all these stories up about me lmao. I want as much transparency and as many whistle blowers as possible-- on both dems and republicans... We are talking about trump's corruption bud. I am more than happy to discuss democratic corruption in another post. Get your head out your ass. 

Edited by louhad

47 minutes ago, louhad said:

I never said that was ok and I am against corruption no matter where it is. I never claimed to be "conscious and superior". I am not a democrat at all and am highly critical of their dealings. Notice how you are making all these stories up about me lmao. I want as much transparency and as many whistle blowers as possible-- on both dems and republicans... We are talking about trump's corruption bud. I am more than happy to discuss democratic corruption in another post. Get your head out your ass. 

It is quite difficult to operate without making any assumption, point taken though. 

I don't get the corruption part,  can you explain how this topic is related to it? 

Edited by purerogue

7 hours ago, datamonster said:

Non-ideological, largely unbiased, relaxed and cool in dabtes, non-judgemental, well-informed and able to hold multiple perspectives at once. Basically Leo's ideals, but truly actualized.

I agree

1 hour ago, Consept said:

What was the truth that Leo refuses to see by the way?

Not letting ideology cloud your judgement on what's objective. He believes in a conspiracy theory because he only looks at some parts of the truth or even some debunked information and ignores all other information that goes against his biased beliefs even when it is presented to him. Its better to say you don't know if something is true than to act like you know for sure something is true despite evidence showing it likely isn't.

Not letting ideology cloud your judgement on what's objective. He believes in a conspiracy theory because he only looks at some parts of the truth or even some debunked information and ignores all other information that goes against his biased beliefs even when it is presented to him. Its better to say you don't know if something is true than to act like you know for sure something is true despite evidence showing it likely isn't.

Be careful not to project your own gaps in understanding onto others.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

OK so stay on that, if for example a bi-partisan senate panel confirmed that Obama was in collusion with the UK to influence the 2012 election, would you say that was somewhat true? Really picture this happening before giving an answer 

On 12.9.2020 at 2:08 PM, SunCat said:

@Space What part of what I said is a belief?

tenor.gif

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Consept    There was some truth in Obama colluding with the UK, but in the other direction: The PM wanted Obama to voice his support for him and to slightly condemn the conservatives for whining about the PM's leanings towards the EU because of his Lib Dem position. The PM even spent a holiday living at Obama's place LOL!

Edited by Danioover9000

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Consept    There was some truth in Obama colluding with the UK, but in the other direction: The PM wanted Obama to voice his support for him and to slightly condemn the conservatives for whining about the PM's leanings towards the EU because of his Lib Dem position. The PM even spent a holiday living at Obama's place LOL!

Lol didn't know that but it does make sense, I'm in the UK and Obama was basically a hero here. But either way I don't think there was a senate investigation into it, funny though 

5 hours ago, SunCat said:

Why is it so hard to see that there is evidence of Russian interference and problematic ties between Trump and Russia . . . AND  see that Democrats politicized, and at times misrepresented or embellished events, for personal gain? Why is it so difficult for some minds to hold both of these ideas? 

20 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Why is it so hard to see that there is evidence of Russian interference and problematic ties between Trump and Russia . . . AND  see that Democrats politicized, and at times misrepresented or embellished events, for personal gain? Why is it so difficult for some minds to hold both of these ideas? when 

It seems like just looking at a chair and saying thats a chair to you, but obviously its not the same for everyone. When you show someone a chair and theyre adamant its a tv you have to let them just get on with it lol

I don't think that there are any ties between Trump and Putin and it has nothing to do with my political preferences, with ties I mean something more then giving helping hand.

Completely possible that  Putin helped Trump  with information, I mean it makes sense why Trump is kinda "friendly"  with Putin and why Putin is k with Trump, their both interests collide way less.

Putin is interested to help Trump, as Trump minds his own business  when it comes to what Russia does as long as its not interfering with USA, where other side was clear to be on his throat constantly. 

Trump does not care about what game previous governments in power played, he has no real issues with Russia  neither politically , nor economically, there is just no reason for him. 

Edited by purerogue

5 minutes ago, purerogue said:

I don't think that there are any ties between Trump and Putin and it has nothing to do with my political preferences, with ties I mean something more then giving helping hand.

Completely possible that  Putin helped Trump  with information, I mean it makes sense why Trump is kinda "friendly"  with Putin and why Putin is k with Trump, their both interests collide way less.

Putin is interested to help Trump, as Trump minds his own business  when it comes to what Russia does as long as its not interfering with USA, where other side was clear to be on his throat constantly. 

Trump does not care about what game previous governments in power played, he has no real issues with Russia  neither politically , nor economically, there is just no reason for him. 

Do you disagree with the findings of the bi-partisan senate panel?