herghly

What do you do in your free time?

6 posts in this topic

What are some activities that are good to din your free time relaxing?

I like to have one or two nights a week just to relax, but I end up just mindlessly watching youtube for 4-6 hours.

What are some more conscious activities to do for daily relaxation?

Composing music is a huge interest of mine so I do anything that I think can improve my music. Lately I have begun analyzing scores from the great composers and also listening to music daily from the 20 century and below. I also watch tv series alone or with a friend and also spend some time on youtube lol sometimes I call my family or old friends. That’s about what I do at the moment In my free time. I think relaxing plays a huge role in avoiding burnout so it’s good to take the time to relax but probably best to do boring activitys so the brain can relax properly.

for conscious activities maybe meditate or read a book you find interesting or start journaling.

Wait what do you do those other nights a week? I tend to make every moment outside of work a time of relaxation. Doesn't always work out when things need done like grocery shopping or house cleaning ?

My motto is to make every night like it's the weekend

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Reading books in your field of interest.

If you have nature around you, long evening walks.

You can consider to replace youtube with Gaia.

Or create a little project for yourself, an old interest that you never really explored. learning an instrument, building a website, painting, building wooden birdhouses, you name it.

Cultivating various mini habits, such as reading two pages of books, writing a few lines, learning French and Spanish, sharing thoughts in my personal development chat group, workout a bit, sharing thought on actualized.org, etc.

I find mini habits particularly helpful for making use of the fragmented time. It's like a mini project you keep to yourself.