BjarkeT

How to stop shaking caused by anxiety?

11 posts in this topic

Some anxiety causes me to shake sometimes usually when holding something in my hand in front of others but not when I am alone any tips on dealing with this?

I think it's a fear I have that if I shake they would think I am weird which causes the shaking because I am getting worried lol

Edited by BjarkeT

Would it seem like very countitive to tell you to be very Conscious and alert (Accept, observe) when you are shaking? In that moment try to discard all of thoughts of fear and just OBSERVE what is happening.

43 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

I think it's a fear I have that if I shake they would think I am weird which causes the shaking because I am getting worried lol

Let me share with you a personal story. I used to have a "crush" towards a girl of a bookstore I used to go. When I first approach her I was shaking like mad. Thoughts of unworthiness and cringiness washed over me each time I remember how I behaved.

Months later  I started to work with Lsd for healing. I remember I put Young Thug's "Gain Clout" song while in the trip. Such a great wonky song. The beat made want to tremble. So I started trembling while listening to the song. And I instantly had a "flashback" how I was exactly trembling/shaking when I talked to this girl. It felt like I was literally in the same situation (Lsd can feel very real) but I got the opportunity of being in a very different state of observing myself. Instead of avoiding or escaping or judging myself, I stayed and observed what was happening. I was having anxiety towards a girl so much I was shaking. But... That's not a problem. I saw that I was as worthy as her! Because this shaking was being accepted by reality. Only a thought can tell you than somebody shaking is "less" than somebody not shaking, only a thought says that shaking like that makes me "a bad or low value person". In reality, everything is Accepted and good/valid. Is that radical and good. So yeah, I saw how that shaking was actually amazing, beautiful, valid, powerful, love. Just as her. Just as the floor we were standing while we are talking. 

I hope this has motivated you to accept yourself. Because this is You. You are the same shaking or not shaking. Even more  you are the one who shakes, and the one who not. But this is for another story.

Awesome and Valid always. 

Edited by Javfly33

I have a lot of social anxiety and am prone to this, I did it on live TV once years ago. Someone mentioned it to me but people had much more positive reactions to it than just noticing my nervous hands shaking on the side. I think that's they key, just focus on what you want to say or do and WHY, and if you shake and look a bit nervous, no one really cares that much. With more experience and focus it will likely go away. 

It's inspiring to see someone who has a lot of anxiety put themselves out there I think. I think it also makes us a bit uncomfortable, but only because we see it as a call to do the same thing too, the things we deeply want to do but are scared of doing. We project our own feelings of discomfort, our own anxiety, on others. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

let it shake out. trying to stop it holds it in. let the shaking drain itself out.

Lol sorry couldn't stop my self but I think it's good advice :)

ohh-yeah-shake-it.jpg

I used to be so shy that I would sweat and my voice would tremble. I'm am much, much less shy now. The only way to conquer your anxiety is to continually expose yourself to the things that cause you anxiety.

51 minutes ago, ivory said:

I used to be so shy that I would sweat and my voice would tremble. I'm am much, much less shy now. The only way to conquer your anxiety is to continually expose yourself to the things that cause you anxiety.

beautiful 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Do you drink coffee?

I used to have hard jitters like I had Parkinson's or something. Tried some prescription drugs (propranolol) and even some harder ones like clonazepam(it was 7 years ago I don't remember anymore) but it just didn't go away no matter what I did. I quit coffee and I'm steady most of the time. Even more than other people sometimesxDxD

Edited by Espaim

@Espaim Nope I don't drink coffee but I am pretty sure what cause it is worrying and anxiety for me at least.