BjarkeT

How to deal with negative people?

15 posts in this topic

There is this girl where I live that takes every opportunity that is about me and turns it to something negative. I have bearly even spoken anything to her or done something wrong against her at last of what I know of.

How do you deal with this or just negative people in general?

Get the fuck away.

If it is not possible to get away, minimize interaction time, don't chat, don't even be near the person.

Negativity is toxic and contagious. 

Roguishly and unexpectedly see the best in her. Defy the standard "contractual obligation" to be negatively affected by the behavior you perceive of her. Go against all scripts and expectations, and love her instead.

Recognize that she is a reflection of the rejected aspects of your own self in yourself, and do some shadow work on those. Understand that everyone and everything in your experience is a direct reflection of your state of consciousness, state of beliefs, state of mind and perspective.

Recognize that your judgements of her behavior are yours only, and don't "objectively" describe them or her motivations - which are a mystery to you because you haven't put yourself in her shoes, nor recognized your own projections.

Good luck

@Nahm How is that different from suppressing/ignoring your emotions? 

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT

Suppressing emotions = denial of the reaction. Pretending how I feel is because of “negative people”.

It would look like...”because this other person is negative...not me though...it’s not me saying they’re negative...it’s not my sentiment...not my opinion...it’s not that I’m suppressing my own negative feeling and projecting it onto someone else...they really are a negative person!”. 

My condition is she is a negative person...now how do I deal with her?”

”WTF? Now this person too is a negative person! How do I deal with them!?”

(...and this one, and this one, and this one.)

When ‘a negative person’ is truly seen, thought attachment is seen, and you are moving from judging to love, peace, understanding, and unity. Even more so, they continue to be seen, they persist, because you are not moving at all. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I think about this inside my head whenever i come into contact with negative toxic people.

Let people be as they are its not my job to change them. don't take offense to any bad behaviors and don't throw any rocks at them.

Don't believe their words (spells) and simply respond in the highest way that benefits you. See them as people that want love and don't know any other better way to get it at this point.

Feel compassion for them and stay in a high positive vibration, that alone makes them run away i notice, as most want to vibrate at the same low frequency and cant stand my high vibration energy.

Also if you think about their energy in a way that its passing through you and don't get caught inside you. Like a purified clean water that push away toxic black water.

Edited by Nicco
misspelling

I think the idea that you should avoid negative people overall is not really solving the core issue and is unrealistic at best. I mean, good luck not having ONE single person that is not negative from time to time. Most of us will have several and even though you should get rid of the most toxic, some negativity will still persist. So the problem of knowing how to handle situations where people are negative and puts you down seems pretty legit to me. 

I don't know the answer to this, but at least I know something that doesn't work. And that is to not have any boundaries and always "turn the other cheek" as they say. I use to think that if i ignored the jokes of people they would stop teasing me, but eventually they just started teasing me even more. And as much as i wanted to pretend that it didn't exist and that "those guys were the problem, because bullies are just people who didn't have a good chilhood" it didn't help me and I lost a lot of respect because of my inability to stand up for myself. So a practical, in depth " how to deal with shittalk" guide would be pretty nice I'd say. 

And also, if you don't have the pure negativity of people just trying to pull you down, you can also have someone who playfully tease you or try to be above you in some way. So being able to know how to smoothly deal with those situations is also not a bad idea I think. It's like Game. Yes, inner game is great, but you can't live solely on high state and confidence. You also gotta have some real content to back it up.

Check out Leo's video "All criticism is untenable". Early on in that vid he mentioned how the mind likes to focus on other people in order to avoid doing inner work (which is meditation, or probably journaling I think).

As for actual interactions, researching zen practice might be of help. Alan Watts is a good resource imo

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Nahm Golden advice! 

Compassion and understanding.

You don't know what happened to this person which causes them to be negative. 

I see every challenge as a challenge and that INCLUDES dealing with negative people. I remind myself of these when I encounter a highly negative person:

1) That person is not specifically placing blame on me but EVERYTHING and EVERYONE within their spear of influence is also being blamed SO it is HIGHLY likely I will be included in that blame.
2) I am solely responsible for my response to it. Which is usually a LOVE response not a HATE response. When I respond in LOVE I keep my spirituality. If I respond out of anger or hate or tagging them back I lose my spirituality and immediately become just like them and their negative energy. 

3) Ultimately everything in life is just you challenging yourself to grow. You as God ordained this so that you can grow in LOVE and understanding.

I had an encounter early in the morning of my past exgf who is mother of my child yesterday. She was throwing a bunch of shit on me about some past event I barely remember. I just kept my smile.. I let her vent and then I say Okay, have a good day. and left. She failed in ruining my day. I ended up having one of the best days in recent memory. I just saw it as the devil only trying me. If I block him out by only being myself there is NOTHING he can do.

there is no such thing as negative. First stop Labeling people as negative. second see it as positive. if you can't be postive, what is the point of Labeling people negative?

be postive, if don't like the situation, just move with love and Postivity. extra, boundaries. 

reacting to negativity is another type of negativity. if your mind has spotted a person a negative person on autopilot, simply detach yourself energetically from that person either locally or mentally.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Basically, I try not to be surrounded by such people, and if I notice that there is such a person in my social circle, then I cut off all contacts with him.