Apparition of Jack

Trump admits on tape to downplaying Covid in March

73 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, purerogue said:

Lot of hate going on here, first EU did no better then Trump when it started out , you think they did not know how dangerous it is, they did , what did they do, nothing , their response was we will take actions when we see that it is going out of hands and said there is nothing to worry about,could they have stopped it if they started  to take serious measures, maybe, but they did not and then started to act as saviour, we did nothing wrong way.

Look what approach  Sweden, your so called pinnacle of development made, not shit talking there. 

Did he downplay danger, he did, does it matter, hard to tell, as it was already clear that most of population will have to go trough it anyway when it hit so many areas, just matter of how fast and how system can cope

Are you saying Trumps response was appropriate or the best way to mitigate deaths? For example his going against experts or saying its a democratic hoax, with the knowledge that it isnt and that it is actually quite serious. His loyal followers will of course take what he says as gospel, which he knows is the case and he is wilfully misleading them 

25 minutes ago, Consept said:

Are you saying Trumps response was appropriate or the best way to mitigate deaths? For example his going against experts or saying its a democratic hoax, with the knowledge that it isnt and that it is actually quite serious. His loyal followers will of course take what he says as gospel, which he knows is the case and he is wilfully misleading them 

Lets start with simple task, show me where did he say it and go against experts, I see no point to go into philosophizing what would have been best action  if you can't do this one simple thing. 

Edited by purerogue

32 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Lets start with simple task, show me where did he say it and go against experts, 

Scroll through the article and you'll the audios.. 

32 minutes ago, purerogue said:

I see no point to go into philosophizing what would have been best action  if you can't do this one simple thing. 

2 minutes ago, Opo said:

Scroll through the article and you'll the audios.. 

What article? 

10 minutes ago, purerogue said:

What article? 

15 hours ago, Apparition of Jack said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

This is huge. This is honestly the most damning thing against him, even more so than the Mueller report.

How this will affect the election I don’t know. But I can’t imagine it’ll be blown aside like everything else so far.

What it has to do with my question?I think I clearly stated that he did downplay it, my question is where did he say that covid is haox and where did he go against experts, I would even challenge you to show me how he did not take any actions, but lets start it slow, I know how difficult it is for you guys to face facts. 

Edited by purerogue

47 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Lets start with simple task, show me where did he say it and go against experts, I see no point to go into philosophizing what would have been best action  if you can't do this one simple thing. 

Youre right theres no point in philosophizing which is why this topic was brought up with audio evidence of him saying its serious and that hes intentionally down playing it, this is recorded - https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

There are numerous examples of him disagreeing with experts, which you must be aware of, unless youre claiming he always agreed with the experts im not sure, but anyway heres one such example - https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attacks-fauci-boasts-of-ignoring-experts-on-coronavirus-2020-7?r=US&IR=T

heres another - https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-versus-doctors-president-experts-contradict/story?id=70330642

So question again, do you think Trumps response to the corona was appropriate considering he knew the potential severity of it  ?

8 minutes ago, Consept said:

There are numerous examples of him disagreeing with experts, which you must be aware of, unless youre claiming he always agreed with the experts im not sure, but anyway heres one such example - https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attacks-fauci-boasts-of-ignoring-experts-on-coronavirus-2020-7?r=US&IR=T

heres another - https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-versus-doctors-president-experts-contradict/story?id=70330642

So question again, do you think Trumps response to the corona was appropriate considering he knew the potential severity of it  ?

So first link is just article, it is just as proof as me saying that you said that earth is flat.

I am not sure what were you trying to prove with second article, on video that was there had no signs of him saying how it is haox, or disagreeing with experts, maybe I missed something, if I did please let me know. 

Can you give me proof not some articles of media telling their story? 

Edited by purerogue

@Consept Don't feed the Trump trolls. You're never going to convince them of anything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Consept said:

it's cult like behavior almost 

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Trump wants to play the hero, if that means going against the government, against his nation or the corporation of america, so be it. Is it selfish, most definitely... He doesn't need to explain himself to "the other side", because i would imagine the story doesn't reach his supporters (their channels)

the story they hear is completely different... 

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Trump is 1000% uglier in private than in public and stories of his private ugliness will leak out for decades to come. But none of it will convince Trumpists.

By this point, any decent person understands that Trump is rotten to the core and a menace to democracy.

trump is reflecting 99% of the population...or at least the majority. Your judgement only prove you fall into this hell hole :D (but politics is fun right?!) 

An unavoidable game...

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The idea that Trumpists think Trump does anything out of altruism -- "for the good of the people" -- rather than to increase his ego, is laughable.

Trump's only motivation, ever, is whatever most benefits him personally.

Are you, in fact, demonizing ego? shame on you! ;)

18 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I predict very few Trump supporters will be able to look at this objectively and give any criticism whatsoever to Trump. A red/blue mindset is either / or. Either Trump is 100% responsible for the COVID crisis or Trump is 0% responsible for the Covid crisis. A red/blue mindset has a hard time giving partial responsibility to multiple inputs. 

yup once we give someone or something our support, it is impossible to look objectively. Doesn't mean they won't give partial responsibility to multiple inputs 

12 hours ago, Consept said:

However, it's not new that a government would downplay or not tell the whole truth about a serious situation as to not panic the public. I just wonder what his thinking was behind it. Of course he was worried about the election and approval ratings, but is there some part of him that thought this would be better for people to avoid panic and he's just very incompetant? Either way he's either very stupid or incredibly callous, so I can't see how this can look on him favourably

yup this is what all the movies point at, the government are the good guys, looking out for the greater good of society. 9_9

Edited by DrewNows

6 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

trump is reflecting 99% of the population...or at least the majority. Your judgement only prove you fall into this hell hole :D (but politics is fun right?!) 

I would say 40% of the population is reflecting him. This story is interesting because its a direct contradiction to what he initially said ro the public, so his side of the population went along with the line that covid is not so serious. Now he's on tape saying it is serious, I wonder what the reaction will be from his followers 

18 hours ago, Forestluv said:

This is a great test of how the mind deals with cognitive dissonance. How will Trump supporters interpret this information? My prediction is:  A) Justify it by saying Trump was being responsible by downplaying Covid to avoid a public panic; B) Avoidance / Diversion: What about Hillary, Obama, Biden, Antifa? etc and C) This is Libs playing politics during an elections year. D) The liberal reporter tried to bait Trump into saying something they could take out of context. Trump is actually the victim.

The potential mental defenses for Trumpers is limited in this case, since it is Trump’s own words. Trumpers cannot discredit it as FakeNews or anonymous sources. 

I predict very few Trump supporters will be able to look at this objectively and give any criticism whatsoever to Trump. A red/blue mindset is either / or. Either Trump is 100% responsible for the COVID crisis or Trump is 0% responsible for the Covid crisis. A red/blue mindset has a hard time giving partial responsibility to multiple inputs. 

It’s a great test of the average consciousness of the U.S., those at Orange and above will be able to rationally see how Trump’s behavior made the crisis worse than it could have been. I estimate about 65% of Americans would view this as poor behavior by Trump. 

I often see families that occult to the grandpa or grandma that they have cancer, to avoid the the shock, panic and suffering. Is this moral or adequate? What Trump did is the same. And I see nothing wrong.

I live in Spain and here the corrupt government gave 16 millions to the TV channels to exagerate and create a psychosis where all the population live in fear. We live in a dictatorship of fear and the media are terrorists, everybody thinks that!

I prefer what Trump did.

9 minutes ago, Consept said:

I would say 40% of the population is reflecting him. This story is interesting because its a direct contradiction to what he initially said ro the public, so his side of the population went along with the line that covid is not so serious. Now he's on tape saying it is serious, I wonder what the reaction will be from his followers 

Hmm idk he’s the perfect example of the collective shadow in my mind. Trump supporters don’t care if he’s contradicting himself because that’s been his M.O. for the majority of his time in office. The world speaks for itself, there’s massive groups in every country who do not agree with the “seriousness” of the COVID outbreak, and they are only assumed to be politically affiliated.

This whole story is a leftist agenda 

C2391ADB-7B70-44EB-A701-2F823AB05EFA.png
xD 

Edited by DrewNows

This is in addition to him ordering the testing to slow down, btw.

7 minutes ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

I often see families that occult to the grandpa or grandma that they have cancer, to avoid the the shock, panic and suffering. Is this moral or adequate? What Trump did is the same. And I see nothing wrong.

I would say an individual with cancer is a different case, since the cancer is not horizontally spread. Covid is contagious, therefore the public needs to know how contagious it is to mitigate it's effects. This could have been rolled out slowly about how serious this is to acclimate the public. This takes skills of being empathetic, altruistic and honest with the population. Skills Trump lacks. Someone like Elizabeth Warren could have easily disseminated this information.

As well, it's not just misleading the public - it is undercutting efforts to mitigate a pathogen Trump knew was contagious and deadly for his own gain. And to say Trump doesn't want to cause panic is laughable to me. Projecting fear is his MO. Look at the fear and panic he caused about the "caravan" before last election. He made stuff up to make them scary to project fear. After the election, we never heard about "the caravan" again. He is dong the same thing with some m3 group, antifa, terrorists and how under Biden vulnerable woman home alone will have no police to call and will get assaulted. Fear is Trump's #1 weapon. If instilling fear about coronavirus would have helped him, he would have used it to his advantage. 

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

I would say an individual with cancer is a different case, since the cancer is not horizontally spread. Covid is contagious, therefore the public needs to know how contagious it is to mitigate it's effects. This could have been rolled out slowly about how serious this is to acclimate the public. This takes skills of being empathetic, altruistic and honest with the population. Skills Trump lacks. Someone like Elizabeth Warren could have easily disseminated this information.

As well, it's not just misleading the public - it is undercutting efforts to mitigate a pathogen Trump knew was contagious and deadly for his own gain. And to say Trump doesn't want to cause panic is laughable to me. Projecting fear is his MO. Look at the fear and panic he caused about the "caravan" before last election. He made stuff up to make them scary to project fear. After the election, we never heard about "the caravan" again. He is dong the same thing with some m3 group, antifa, terrorists and how under Biden vulnerable woman home alone will have no police to call and will get assaulted. Fear is Trump's #1 weapon. If instilling fear about coronavirus would have helped him, he would have used it to his advantage. 

I've seen in my country the consequences of exagerating covid instead of "downplaying".

We've had the hardest measures of lockdown and wearing mask 24/7 from all Europe. The old folks nursery homes recieved the protocol of isolating the patients. The people who was unable to eat, drink, walk or move were abandoned. Their medic treatments were suspended, because the nurses were told no to aproach to the  patients. The majority died from starvation, neglect,inattention this has been a gerontocide.

This killed more people that the covid.

Excuse me as I get into the mind of a Trump supporter for a moment. Let's see why they support Trump.

From what I can see, they don't care about policy, or politics, or even about COVID. What they care about the most is entertainment and memes. The Donald is the most entertaining thing in the world right now and they want more of it. He does have meme value. Politics is a reality TV show to them and they like The Donald. Therefore, they are on his side!

This is the only reason I can think of, given the shitshow of the past 4 years and his contradictions.

Edit: I'm done hating him tbh. I'm emotionally numb to him now. I'm just enjoying the reality TV show that US politics is!

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee