Psilocybe Semilanceata ''Liberty Cap'' trip. Did I just experience God? I need help.

steenadrianmr
By steenadrianmr in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
Setting: My friend J's apartment. We are playing some great music and watching the lights on his television dance. The intensity and colour follows the music. His apartment is pretty messy. There is tobacco on the table as well as coffee stains. There were pizza boxes spread out in the bathroom as we were using the bathroom's heating as a way to dry the mushrooms we had picked earlier. The story/experience: I filled a pot with water and said fuck it before I poured all of the mushrooms in the picture into the pot (guess around 200-300 caps, but I don't know). I wanted a strong, ''heroic'' dose trip as I wondered what it was all about. I had not eaten shrooms in about two years prior except the two or three times in the recent days. As every other time I have tripped I was hoping to gain insights about the Self, God etc. I was hoping the high dose would show me what an ''ego-death'' experience is like. However, as always it was mostly recreational. The thermos I kept the tea in had about four cups in it. I poured myself two cups and tried my best to get it down. I don't mind the taste too much, but it can be pretty nasty. About fifteen to twenty minutes after consuming the two cups I can feel that the trip is coming on. I can feel it as my body feels a weird, but specific way every time I trip. I can also notice some small changes to what I see. I can see the different colours on the TV-screen are changing, morphing and moving. Rapidly I get thrown deeper and deeper into the trip.  J told me that I was acting a lot more coherent and calm than when I tripped the night before. At one point I decided to pour me another cup of tea. I had drunk 3/4 of the entire batch. J finally decided to join me and quickly drank his tea. I remember feeling the effects getting stronger and stronger. The confusion mushrooms are known for causing, the visuals, the music is getting more and more intense. We tried smoking a couple of bowls. We occasionally went out for a cigarette. I had visuals like I have never seen before, I was wobbling when I walked and I could barely talk. Shortly after I remember going into the living room where J was lying down resting. I was spinning around whilst tripping over stuff afraid that I might fall down into these deep chasms filled with magma in the floor. I could see thirty meters down into the floor. The visuals were insane!   J told me to calm down in a frustrated voice and that made me really uncomfortable as I really felt in the way. I kept repeating ''I'm sorry'' while trying to get dressed. I am still wobbling around going back and forth from the couch in the living room to the mirror in the bathroom. The visuals are so strong that I could not even see clearly. I had to use one eye and close the other whenever I wanted to use my phone. I couldn't see the holes in my sweater so it felt pretty impossible to put it on.   At one point I decided to go smoke a cigarette as the visuals were waaaay too intense to be able to cope with. I struggled trying to light the cigarette. I cannot fully remember how the next part went down and in which order, but I will try my best to describe what truly is my life's most beautiful moment. As I am sitting on the stairs outside I feel pretty overwhelmed, but peaceful. I cannot remember if it happened all of a sudden or if it happened gradually, but I think I got a taste of what God is.   Every single thing made perfect sense all of a sudden. I all of a sudden felt so positive, so honest, so pure. I saw and understood how I am the creator of my problems. I remember seeing how the mind creates problems. My thoughts were really positive. I thought about how I need to act better and fix some family problems. I thought about how I have been stuck in bad habits and how I would get out. I felt completely at peace as if everything would be okay forever. I felt so happy for finally being able to experience this for myself.    I have absolutely no clue about what happened or how to put the experience into context, but I believe I understood then and there that death is not possible and therefore I had no fear. I had no fear of telling my parents about some personal problems I normally would never tell them. I was thinking of how I would tell them the truth about everything and how I would get my act together so that I can be the best version of myself. That is really what it felt like in that moment. I felt like the best version of myself. I was not limited by fear. I understood everything and I had the answer to pretty much everything in the universe.   I couldn't wait to tell J what the secret of the universe is, but I stayed and enjoyed the peace for a few minutes. I opened the door and looked at him. ''J, I love you. I love you very much'' I told him. I told him that I had experienced God. Little did I know that this fundamental, simple, obvious ''Truth'' would slip a few minutes later.   I have no clue about what I experienced, but I am extremely happy that I did. Could anyone explain this? Thank you.
  • 2 replies