99alvarosanchez

Insight about ego

7 posts in this topic

I just had an insight about how the belief of ''having an ego is wrong'' is fucking with my view of reality and my relationship towards it. I start this topic because I found in this insight a lot of relief and I thought it could be illuminating for another user of the forum. This believe I coudn't see that I have it. 

I would like if anyone could elaborate on this issue, I have the intuition that many newbies to this work may be falling into this believe and it is a very fundamental misundertanding of spirituallity. Is it really wrong to be an ego? 

I believe this quote can help:

21 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I believe you should approach spirituality from a place of inclusion, wonder and love rather than destruction, exclusion and detachment. Go towards beauty, towards what draws you in, towards what seems the most interesting for you, towards God. Extend your consciousness, unfold yourself fully and accept all aspects of reality. The deconstruction of your ego and detachment from your wordly self will happen naturally as your seeking intensifies.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@99alvarosanchez

10 minutes ago, 99alvarosanchez said:

I just had an insight about how the belief of ''having an ego is wrong'' is fucking with my view of reality and my relationship towards it. I start this topic because I found in this insight a lot of relief and I thought it could be illuminating for another user of the forum. This believe I coudn't see that I have it. 

I would like if anyone could elaborate on this issue, I have the intuition that many newbies to this work may be falling into this believe and it is a very fundamental misundertanding of spirituallity. Is it really wrong to be an ego? 

First of all it's really wrong to go too far into spirituality compared to too little basic self help techniques, NLP and so on, especially if you're still mid 20's and younger and still developing a self concept. The more hardcore spirituality comes later when your ego is fat enough to take it on.

Secondly, 'having an ego is wrong' is just like saying 'having a sense of self is wrong'. You're wrong here, because you having a sense of self, thoughts and emotions and being incapable of having other people's sense of existing, thoughts and feelings means you're the only one existing and all places and people to you is a projection of your mind.

@Danioover9000 You are very right, this was deeply rooted in my mind, unconciusly, due to a spontaneous awakening 3 years ago (without any knowledge of this field). I'm 21 and since then I've been pretty much lost in life. 

@99alvarosanchez If you are surviving - you have an ego. If you are scratching your nose you are doing ego activity. If you are looking you are ego. No ego - death of the body. It's just a matter of how mature and self aware the ego is of itself. I also had this idea that having an ego is bad, but once I awoke to the true Self I understood that having an ego is crucial and it will never go away until this body is alive.

Mahadev