Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yanni the Greek

Shamanic Breathing

12 posts in this topic

ABSOLUT NOTHING.
NOTHING HAPPENED.
I did 40 min for the first time and 70 min the next time.
It's not only that it was a piece of cake to do so but nothing happened.

Any explanation?  Suggestions? 

what did you expect to happen?

and I'd review the method again because I feel 'something' happen with basic alternate nostril breathing x3

Well, Leo's video is 40 minutes explaining and describing several deep emotional sentimental conditions that will occur due to this process. Ha describes a situation similar to psychedelic state after a point. Here's the video:  

Try again, maybe is subconscious resistance.

This is often the case with therapeutic tools.

My father drank ayahuasca a couple of times and didn't felt a thing (according to him).

I wouldn't belive in him if i hadn't heard of a few cases like that.

My suggestion: try again and again until it "works".

I haven't done shamanic breathing properly. 40 minutes of breathing is so much.. Maybe start with something shorter?

This one is cool but still quite advanced

Just do it properly. I'm getting interesting effects like inner explosion and strong, whole body tingles. Inhale and exhale very deep. You need to learn how to move your energy first. Previous experience with LSD or other psychodelics is ery helpful. It's also much easier to do breathwork at days I suplementy Sulbutiamine.

DEEPER.  Use the mouth, the back, shoulders, neck, chin tuck, massive smile, the spine should be moving a lot.  You were doing wim hof breath holds right? You want to increase increase both O2 and CO2 levels, deep breathing alone will not do that.  If I want to, I can almost pass out with 20 seconds of breathing.  There are also techniques which are don't even require heavy breathing, just adjust the tongue the right way, or pull on the sides of the nose, and within seconds of shallow breathing half of my body goes numb and tingling, to a scary extent.  

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Probably something you want to be cautious with. 

I would say to wait until covid restrictions are eased, and to work with a holotropic breathing instructor. 

the process of shamanic breathing is so intolerable even when it's done in 10 mins

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Below is the best breathing video I have come across and have used it dozens of times.  

It has five rounds of rapid deep breathing.  At the end of each round there is a 1st gong, after which you fully breath all your air out and hold it.  This is called a bahya kumbhaka, or breath retention on the out breath, and is where you reach your deepest state of meditation.  You have more carbon dioxide than oxygen creating a temporary state of hypoxia.  At the second gong you breath in and hold the breath for 15 seconds until the third gong, which continues to the next round.  The rounds get progressively more intense.  At the final round the breath retention is the longest.   Just follow along with the breathing in the video.  The whole production is pure genius, including the breathing and spacey music during the breath retention.   I use this with cannabis which puts me into some of the deepest states I have ever gone with breathwork.  However, it is designed to be used without any drug assist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EztidI9kJM&t=361s

Edited by Jodistrict
add phrase

Vincit omnia Veritas.