bazera

"Exorcism" like state during Holotropic Breathing. Any advice?

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

Yesterday I did a Holotropic Breathing session for 2 hours with a group, and the main thing that left me a bit scared was the "demonic" howling that I couldn't control and also the body movements like the ones you see in some videos where people are doing some kind of exorcism and are getting rid of demons or something.

What got me a bit scared was that I was the only one experiencing this in 16 people. So, I guess it isn't as common as I thought it was. I got no visuals, even though many people described their visionary trips after the session was over.

So, I don't know what to make of this experience, and how should I perceive it. I think it shows that I have many unconscious things to deal with and the sounds coming from my mouth and the strange body movements were just the expressions and a form of release, but I'm not sure about that.

Have you experienced something like this?

If you have experience anything that makes you scared, stay in the moment. Dont take it personally. Feel the feeling, watch the thoughts till them dissolves. Take a look at what is coming up to surface. It will be hard to swallow in the beginning . But it is a very efficient way. Dont run away from thoughts and feelings.   DONT TAKE IT PERSONALLY. As much as you run away, fear will increase more.  

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@James123 yeah, I understand that. I would say I was more confused than scared, and I still am. The confusion was the factor that popped up during the session. Like, "why the hell am I doing this". And that's what I'm trying to figure out. 

2 minutes ago, bazera said:

@James123 yeah, I understand that. I would say I was more confused than scared, and I still am. The confusion was the factor that popped up during the session. Like, "why the hell am I doing this". And that's what I'm trying to figure out. 

Just dont do it. If it is not something that you want to do. You could spend your time to try other ways, which can appears as love for you and your perspective. Follow the love. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@bazera It's all good. Don't judge it.

That is how the devil leaves your body ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura In what way? I'm trying to see how does that "demon leaving the body" thing works. 

One thing to mention also is that this week I was doing a juice detox for cleansing purposes (haven't eaten anything for 6 days, just fruit and vegetable juices, was feeling very good), and after the session, I thought I was gonna be more motivated to continue it and other things as well, but I ordered junk food and ate it :)) Also didn't sleep very well. So, that is the sign that the breathing session worked successfully I guess :D

And @Leo Gura I'm planning to do those 2-hour sessions regularly, whenever available, I guess it will shed some of those "demonic" layers and will be beneficial overall. What do you think, have you tried anything like that?

Edited by bazera

Yes, yes, don't worry about stuff like that. I've had similar things happening. Even paranormal stuff like demonic entities leaving my psyche through dreams after holotropic breathing. It can be pretty scary in the moment but usually it's done after it's done if you know what I mean. 

Its super common man. Ive had like 9 private sessions and its always been like that. 

Also at home a lot of exorcism stuff due to different methods. The light is purging everything out.

@cle103 Yeah, it's pretty scary, but when you kinda accept it and just observe it, and you already have experience of having it, you know that it will pass. What got me curious was how breathing can create such an experience, or what should I expect after lots of those kinds of experiences, that's what I don't know.

@Visionary Yeah, it's always like that for me as well. How long were your sessions?

11 hours ago, bazera said:

What got me curious was how breathing can create such an experience,

@bazera That's above my pay-grade as well haha. I always feel that the deep sessions not only purify you but also open you up more. This makes one (me at least) more susceptible to more subtle and fringe energies. Or the forces are truly inside you and just "comes out"... hard to judge.  

Don't know how much Stan Grof has written about the paranormal stuff but it might be worth checking out. 

Regarding the exorcisms, I also got a lot of them in my early trips (on mushrooms in particular). Mostly body stuff, bending backwards, feeling completely possessed but not in a bad way. Over the last year or two it got much less though. Now my experiences are much more clear (in breathwork as well). 

@bazera i can't believe those were the kind of advices you got here.the stupidity here is beyond me.its like you went yo swimming and water got into your lungs and People that considered this as part of the process tells ypu that ot was fine and should pass,this is how this works,its the devil or other bullshit like that.when ypu really have no clue on what could be happening yo the body.people have been doing all short of stupid stuff for centuries which in fact hurt them more than help them.dont be one.research more and do not listen to anyone who just base what they say on just their personal opinion.

@bazera i didn't say that it's not common.i said that people do not know what it is and believing anyone claiming that he knows without actually knowing is more than dangerous.if you go to a swimming class where they drown you instead of teaching you how to swim  of course it would be quite common.but if your other classmates said that it was Poseidon testing you if you are good enough then you shouldn't be there asking questions.

Edited by Malekakisioannis

@bazera After 2 hours of breath work, I’m sure I would be delirious also.

Edited by Red-White-Light