meow_meow

Is Kundalini Yoga dangerous?

48 posts in this topic

Some fun facts about kundalini awakening:

- not every person going through kundalini awakening is going through the same journey 

- kundalini is the energy of surrender, instead of trying to awaken one's kundalini, it is much wiser to practice the energy of allowing, surrender and acceptance and allow the universe to awaken the kundalini within you whether that aligns with your highest potential.

- if someone is hopped up on wanting to awaken their kundalini energy, when and if they do, they are likely to find themselves having a hella terrible time with it, simply because the 'ego' that wanted the kundalini to awaken will start being deconstructed at a rather rapid rate, and it can be an extremely painful process. Please have compassion with yourself and take your evolution one step at a time, and allow the universe to usher you into what you are ready for, rather then try to speed through it with practices that intensify energetic phenomena.

- kundalini yoga is a very masculine energy, whereas the kundalini itself is a feminine essence, and the best practice when someone has a kundalini awakening is to relate to oneself with love, kindness, compassion and care. To treat yourself only the way divine treats you. That's a much better practice for most people than to spend time being dizzy from hyperventillating for days on end. The reason for this is simply because if we relate to ourselves in a masculine way (such as through forcing the kundalini through breathwork practices), it is too forceful and it is almost as if we were going against the current of lifeforce energy within us, and while we are creating intensity in our nervous system, it is still too forceful for it to be effective, and we are bound to operate under pressure from oureslves. However in the feminine essence of awakening, pressure is replaced with support and care. Forget about kundalini, and start supporting yourself. 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Do your research. Read both books on Leo's book list before going near it. 

I was il-informed when doing kriya yoga, and I ended up actually breaking my Brumadhya (third eye). I was doing self inquiry, trying to focus really hard, and my third eye broke and I felt energy like liquid fall all throughout my body. 

Whatever you do never toot while perfectly upright on a flat surface during deep meditation... it blew out the O ring in sphincter Section 5.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 hours ago, Mada_ said:

I was il-informed when doing kriya yoga, and I ended up actually breaking my Brumadhya (third eye). I was doing self inquiry, trying to focus really hard, and my third eye broke and I felt energy like liquid fall all throughout my body. 

Yes, from the research i've made from online sources, this is probably the most common issue. If you take a look a few posts previously @Toby mentioned his 3rd eye hurting for ~ 8 years.

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Whatever you do never toot while perfectly upright on a flat surface during deep meditation... it blew out the O ring in sphincter Section 5.

Fuck man, hope you got it solved out. However - most kundalini exercises include such practices .. Are you sure that you didn't already have an medical issue related to the ring?

6 hours ago, Martin123 said:

Forget about kundalini, and start supporting yourself. 

Considering that you mentioned that you've actually awakened from kundalini practices, what alternatives would you suggest, and what exactly do you mean by "start supporting yourself?"

Edited by meow_meow

Enlightened through the path of Kundalini by Tara Wells has a great outline of how to prepare to awaken Kundalini. 

Also Craig Holliday and his website have great resources. 

1 hour ago, meow_meow said:

If you take a look a few posts previously @Toby mentioned his 3rd eye hurting for ~ 8 years.

Hurting is not the right word. I would say more like pressure or some kind of energetic overwhelm which was there all the time, sometimes less, sometimes more intense. More like energy flowing, pressuring against blockages which you can't do really anything about - which was very painful, but it was really not the same as migraine or something for me. I would compare it with times when I learned the whole day for school and had some pressure or overwhelm in that region afterwards. And then you take it times 1000.

I liked very much Bonnie Greenwell's book. And I also like Irina Tweedie's book "daughter of fire" because it is as real as it gets describing the process from within it. Haven't found such a description anywhere else.

@meow_meow You misunderstand. There was no practice that lead to my kundalini awakening, which was the whole point of what I posted.

Kundalini awakening is something that happens when someone is ready for it in the journey of their evolution, as such if we surrender to the fact that it is not up to our will when and how it will awaken, we are actually quickening the process of our evolution by surrendering to the will of the universe evolving us through our journey of life, and by letting go of the need for us to experience the kundalini awakening we are increasing the likelihood that we will move into the timeline of embodying our highest potential, that may or may not include a journey of kudalini awakening. We all need different things in different moments of our journey.

Kundalini awakening isn't any more special than any other practice that increases our spiritual and emotional maturity. On the other hand, trying to awaken our kundalini is likely to increase the pressure we put on ourselves and exhaust us as a result.

Perhaps a better question than 'how to awaken kundalini' is 'why do I want my kundalini to awaken?'

Is it because underneath it all I don't feel good enough and project my spiritual aspirations as a promise of a reward that I never received from one of my parents?

Am I subconsciously telling myself that until I  awake my kundalini I will be unlovable and feel like a failure, and therefore am attached to the idea of it happening?

Does the feminine essence of the energetic expression of consciousness represent the nurturing affection I have never received as a child and I am taking that unresolved relationship from my past and applying it to the relationship with my spiritual journey?

Am I using my spiritual journey merely to perpetuate the unhealed trauma I have experienced in my family?

... those are some good questions!

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.