LearningPodo

I need some serious life advice right now

9 posts in this topic

Hey so I'm a college student and recently I got caught for academic misconduct and I don't know what the punishment is yet. It's probably going to be on my personal record forever, and as a pre-med this is a big rest in peace. To be honest, I wasn't dead set on studying medicine in the first place so right now I'm not TOTALLY freaking out about this, although I did throwup a couple of times. I guess I'm just looking for some general advice from y'all actualized people right now, because the last time I was traumatized was a heartbreak and actualized.org saved me. You guys see the big picture in things so yea, I just want some words to help me get over the initial shock? General college / career advice could help as well.

Thanks so much

53 minutes ago, LearningPodo said:

caught for academic misconduct

Well, not good and it will most likely come with a punishment you will not like. However, it's not the end of the world. You can over come this, even if it changes the college degree you may have been going for. You'll be okay, if you stay level headed and apologize for your misconduct and hopefully you can carry on at that college. If not, move on. This too shall pass.?

Good luck.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@LearningPodo

That Situation is just God's way to test you.

Basic Advice: At the End of the day it's all good. It really is. Focus on the little Things that matter greatly: Health, Life Purpose, Meditation, Yoga and Finances. The bad Times will go away. The Question is how long you allow them to be and if they dragged you down. You have the Power to change your Situation! You have the Power to imagine where you want to be! You have the Power to find a Purpose!

I am sorry because I haven’t learned in university but:

1. You are always with your Life Purpose.

You are not studying the wrong major yet.

One major, many jobs. And one job, many majors. 

But actually this is the bigger picture only. You have the choices in your one choice.

2. Try to have fun by your intention to study your major that you are learning now or have another instead.

Have fun = get good at it = delete your hates about that major.

Think about how it could bring you further and the same process for thinking of changing to another (how that major could bring you further).

3. Learning everything related or spirituality, scientific, personal development (if you want). Learning the connection between your major now and your what-you-want and so you have both. Find interconnection.

4. You don’t ever know what you are missing now. So that is a sign to not overthink about that because you are still missing something (even you think you have that something right now) now and your mission is to find that ‘something’ by doing something.

5. Be ‘slowly’ flowing. Don’t be panic so much for why it’s not right for you now.

Even you have got the best solution but that solution ifself is not your process of keeping going to find something worthwhile.

You are going, and nothing as a place to stand forever. 

Actually I did think about my major and my university (I will go to the university in next two weeks) and to choose one major to keep going to find something that is waiting in somewhere that I am missing now. So I did contemplate it and hope my insights about choosing the major could help you to overcome this challenge. And some insights come from my workflow and it is flowing pretty good so again I am really hope this can help you at some points.

Edited by danniviemaria

What is the motive behind your academic misconduct?

Is it fear? Jealousy? Living up to expectations? Laziness? Distraction? Procrastination? Or even, you're just sorry you got caught?

It reminds me of a scandal recently here in China. A rising star singer said during an online streaming with his fans that his step father pulled some strings to get him the qualification of applying for a certain type of university. He told the story in a joking way. But it became viral online and the National Educational Ministry stepped in. His step father was removed from his office and his mother was being investigated for her business. He destroyed his rising career because of the "accident". Some people say that it's common everywhere for government officials to use their privileges for their own good. He was just unlucky that he said it publicly. 

But he must have been so used to abusing loop holes and privileges that he no longer thought many of his actions were breaking the law. In fact, he believes that he is the scapegoat.

A lot of crisis, though they may be God's will to set us on another path, are worth reflecting upon to reveal our limiting beliefs and flaws. I have been punished by my own misconducts, minor or major, because I thought "it's not that serious." So we'll benefit from it a lot to see it as an opportunity to reflect on ourselves to prevent even more serious consequences in the future. 

On 9/4/2020 at 8:56 PM, LearningPodo said:

It's probably going to be on my personal record forever, and as a pre-med this is a big rest in peace.

The big thing that you have to worry about is getting expelled entirely. If you get a mark on your personal record that's basically just a warning? No future employer is going to ask if you received any disciplinary action for cheating. No employer has ever asked to physically see my degree, they just take what's on your resume at face value.

Probably won't even be an issue for getting an internship. Unless they want to see your full transcript and there is a big note about it on there. Even then if your grades are good enough, they might let it slide. If they ask you can just say you  made one stupid mistake when you were younger, etc etc.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:56 PM, LearningPodo said:

To be honest, I wasn't dead set on studying medicine in the first place

Why would you choose to go into such a hard program in the first place then? Is it just pressure and expectation from your parents to be a doctor or a lawyer? (I know that's super common in some cultures, and people with immigrant parents.)

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. But if there's a risk of getting kicked out of your program over it, then you need to figure out what you really do want to do pretty quickly.

Edited by Yarco

@LearningPodo

With love for you my friend...

To anyone & everyone who believes their delusion of authority, and is maintaining ‘personal records’ on God:

FUCK. YOU. 

☺️

Side note, you don’t even know what the repercussion is yet, so this is a life lesson to align thought with feeling. The opposite is the suffering & fear. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE