VeganAwake

Non-Duality Conference (Sep 19th & 20th)

61 posts in this topic

https://nothingcon.com/

This really looks like it's going to be a great turnout and an amazing event... so many notable speakers ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Aaaaaahhhh, much ado about nothing.

YOUR PUNCHES! LEAVE YOUR PUNCHES HERE!

Why so serious?

Do non duality teachers like jim newman and tony parsons and leo gura talk about different things?
Im asking if talk about different things or the same thing expressed in different ways.

Everything is the same thing expressed in (an infinity of) different ways.

So, yes!

1 minute ago, Museful said:

Everything is the same thing expressed in (an infinity of) different ways.

So, yes!

No you misunderstood. I was asking if all those teachers had actually different views on of nonduality

13 minutes ago, arlin said:

No you misunderstood. I was asking if all those teachers had actually different views on of nonduality

Who knows, maybe there are two nondualities :D

(btw I'm sure everyone has a different "view" on it, but no view is "it")

33 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

(btw I'm sure everyone has a different "view" on it

Yeah but then how do i know which is true then?

1 minute ago, arlin said:

Yeah but then how do i know which is true then?

By discovering your own rather than picking someone else's.

It would be cool if they set up this nothing conference, sold all these tickets, and then on the day of, there was just nothing. No speakers, no videos, no news updates. Just a total blank. :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Looks like a bunch of nothing tbh

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It would be cool if they set up this nothing conference, sold all these tickets, and then on the day of, there was just nothing. No speakers, no videos, no news updates. Just a total blank. :D

And you couldn't even take them to court for false advertising... the judge would probably say what did you think was going to happen ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, traveler said:

Put your hand up in front of your face. Now wave..... that is God waving at you

God is a loaded word here because it implies so many things. If you talk to the guys on the conference they will tell you no such thing exists yet you talk to me like they do.

That's why i asked about are those the same views or different views of non duality yes or no

8 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

By discovering your own rather than picking someone else's.

If everybody has their own, discovering my own that is different would just lead to the fact that everybody decideds like he wants so everything is fucked.

Rather than discovering an objective ultimate truth. Are those the same views or different views?

2 hours ago, arlin said:

If everybody has their own, discovering my own that is different would just lead to the fact that everybody decideds like he wants so everything is fucked.

Rather than discovering an objective ultimate truth. Are those the same views or different views?

Not sure what more there is to say about it. There can be only one truth, but you can't reduce it to any particular view. And yet views is all we have "down here". Everyone doesn't just have a different view, they ARE a different view, and so are you. There's just no way around that. Truth is absolute, views are relative.

And there's the finger and the moon thing. The only way to find out who is pointing to the same moon and who isn't, is by looking for the actual moon yourself. But what you can be sure of right now that no two fingers are the same. They can't be, they don't need to be, and they're not all that interesting.

Ironically, I'm sure everyone will be talking about their fingers on that nothing conference. Maybe you should go and ask them about it. Nobody can speak for them but them.

@Johnny5 But then how can i be sure that what i believe is right and im not just deluding myself?

i guess it's silly question. I Guess im just tired of those things that's all.

Edited by arlin

7 minutes ago, arlin said:

I Guess im just tired of those things that's all.

I'd take that as a good sign  ? 

Just now, arlin said:

@Johnny5 Why?

Because the only satisfaction you'll find in this, is when you stop trying to adopt other people's views and finally return back to yourself. Self-realization is never "out there" :) 

1 minute ago, arlin said:

What do you believe in?

Way too much still... :/