RestWithinTheHeart

Temporary regressions in ego stages

25 posts in this topic

Hey!

In regards to the latest video. I've recently experienced regressions in ego stages, and can remeber more than a handful of other times where this has happened. 
I believe it can happen often in differing stages of consciousness, for example, you should plunge deeper into it the more hungry you feel, and a million other huge or minor problems your ego percieves at one time.
Is there a realistic limit to how deeply a person can temporarily regress?

24 minutes ago, RestWithinTheHeart said:

Is there a realistic limit to how deeply a person can temporarily regress?

There is no limit to regress nor to progress. 

you regress and progress because you didn't understand yet.

@Fadl 
So you believe it's possible to reach a stage where you never regress into lower stages?

or are you just pointing out non duality

1 hour ago, RestWithinTheHeart said:

So you believe it's possible to reach a stage where you never regress into lower stages?

Yeah exactly, when you understand/realize something (not intellectually but realistically) the understanding will stay with you forever, you will never regress.

Progress depends on your will to understand even more and more.

The “realistic understanding” is the challenge.

11 hours ago, Fadl said:

The “realistic understanding” is the challenge.

What is a "realistic understanding?"

Oftentimes the biggest progress comes after the biggest regress. If you are unable to detach from your previous understanding, you will never gain a higher understanding.

In that sense, regress can't be limited since it would also limit the progress. 

4 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

@JosephKnecht is that for real? Is that true. What if you build on the old one?

Try to contemplate the answer for yourself. 

All knowledge is built on some foundation. There are always some axioms that are taken as the Truth and they represent the foundation on which all other knowledge is built. 

The question then becomes: "How do you know that the old foundation that you have built is true?"

The only way to answer that question is to destroy the foundation and build a new one. Destroying the foundation initially sounds like a regress, but it might lead to the greatest progress. 

12 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

What is a "realistic understanding?"

Realistic understanding is a phrase that I created at the moment because I don´t know what to call it other than that, when the “realistic truth” hits you without intros or psychedelics you will feel it physically in your brain like any other body sensation, it will create a new muscle in your brain (your neurons will literally change, it is a miracle). After that you will never regress.

If you regress that means that you did understand it intellectually not realistically.  “Intellectually” means that you will keep coming to the same conclusion again and again but from different sides/ways.

Oftentimes the biggest progress comes after the biggest regress. If you are unable to detach from your previous understanding, you will never gain a higher understanding.

Yeah that is possible. 

In that sense, regress can't be limited since it would also limit the progress. 

We have different definitions for regress and progress thus why I can´t completely understand what do you mean here.  

I noticed my dad regressing due to fear of COVID. He became more Conformist and fixated on everyone following the rules and maintaining order. 

29 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

I noticed my dad regressing due to fear of COVID. He became more Conformist and fixated on everyone following the rules and maintaining order. 

That is a good example you mentioned, but eventually fear is fear … fear of death fear of sickness fear of the future fear of Covid fear of spiders … etc, it doesn’t matter … it is still basically "Fear", and your father never conquered fear in the first place … so it will come back to him in different shapes and forms. 

When you fully understand fear nothing can make you afraid again.    

@Fadl Agree. Easier said than done though. Unfortunately I don’t think overcoming fear of death is in my father’s life trajectory for this lifetime...perhaps not until his deathbed, when many finally are able to let go. 

Edited by tuckerwphotography

2 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

Agree. Easier said than done though. Unfortunately I don’t think overcoming fear of death is in my father’s life trajectory for this lifetime...perhaps not until his deathbed, when many finally are able to let go. 

yeah, I think so. 

16 hours ago, Fadl said:

Realistic understanding is a phrase that I created at the moment because I don´t know what to call it other than that, when the “realistic truth” hits you without intros or psychedelics you will feel it physically in your brain like any other body sensation, it will create a new muscle in your brain (your neurons will literally change, it is a miracle). After that you will never regress.

All understanding is understanding of Reality since Reality is Total. There is nothing outside Reality.

When we try to understand something, we are trying to understand a small part of reality. To understand something is to create ground on which we can stand. To under-stand means to stand under it.

The problem is that since Reality is total, there is nobody the understand it but itself. Since Reality is Total, there is no ground on which Reality itself can stand. Therefore, all understanding of reality is partial and there is no such thing as realistic understanding. When understanding becomes Total, it becomes Reality. 

To understand Reality means to always misunderstand it for reality. 

Back to the origingal disucssion of Regression.

Since Reality must be Absolutely Free to explore itself, it can't impose any limits on itself. The definition of Absolute Freedom is the nonexistence of any limits. Therefore, Reality can't impose any limits on its regress because if it does, it won't be Absolutely Free. 

I hope the answer wasn't too metaphisical and you are able to understand it. @Fadl

2 hours ago, RestWithinTheHeart said:

@JosephKnecht
Doesn't The Absolute have the power to create Absolute limits upon itself?

If the Absolute could impose limits on itself, then by definition it is not Absolute but relative. 

@JosephKnecht I was talking about the partial understanding as well, for example when you understand fear totally (and fear is limited) you will never feel fear again, nothing will make you afraid again and you will never regress to fear.
Another example, when you totally understand depression you will NEVER regress to depression again. 

Maybe the term (realistic understanding) is not so clear, let me change it to (understanding something partial in life Totally). this kind of understanding will make you never regress. You will become psychologically immune.

12 hours ago, Fadl said:

for example when you understand fear totally (and fear is limited) you will never feel fear again, nothing will make you afraid again and you will never regress to fear.

Imagine that you understood fear completely.

Imagine that you don't feel fear for 100 years. 

Imagine that you don't feel it for a million years. After a million years you will start to forget what fear is since you have not experienced it such a long time. 

After a million years you will probably want to experience your greatest fear. After such a long time you would want to experience regress because without the fear you are not complete. 

@JosephKnecht

I think I understand your POV now, I don´t know, it could be right, but I will give you a strange analogy to explain the difference between your POV and mine.

A person who cuts his hair at the barber shop he knows that his hair will grow back after a while (his hair will regress). 

A person who burns his head hair with some sort of a very powerful LASER knows for sure that his hair will never grow back again (his hair will never regress), not in a million years, he lost it forever.  

22 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

After a million years you will probably want to experience your greatest fear. After such a long time you would want to experience regress because without the fear you are not complete. 

I´m really not sure about that, even you said (will probably want to), so I guess we need to wait for a million years to figure it out. :P