Harmony342

Share Your Health Struggles

8 posts in this topic

Mine is emotional binge eating. It makes feel like I'm crazy.

I'm recovering now. The key is to fix it by taking the smallest change you can, I mean, ridiculously small. Taking this mentality, anything monument can register significant change in 3-6 months. 

Normally, chronic issues imply that there is a mental block of not accepted and even we pretend it's not there. That's exactly what stokes relapse. 

The right mentality: "I'm not okay. I hate myself for it. But I accept where I am completely. I accept that I make baby steps completely."

Mini habit is quite under appreciated in this regard. Take two minutes to improve your health every day. Other time, just forget about it. It sounds ridiculous like throwing a tiktak at a ranging bull. But check this out. It makes so much sense. 

On 2020-09-08 at 9:51 AM, susanyzm said:

Mine is emotional binge eating. It makes feel like I'm crazy.

I'm recovering now. The key is to fix it by taking the smallest change you can, I mean, ridiculously small. Taking this mentality, anything monument can register significant change in 3-6 months. 

Normally, chronic issues imply that there is a mental block of not accepted and even we pretend it's not there. That's exactly what stokes relapse. 

The right mentality: "I'm not okay. I hate myself for it. But I accept where I am completely. I accept that I make baby steps completely."

Mini habit is quite under appreciated in this regard. Take two minutes to improve your health every day. Other time, just forget about it. It sounds ridiculous like throwing a tiktak at a ranging bull. But check this out. It makes so much sense. 

I have this as well. The peanut butter and dairy addiction is real. :D 

Hallå

I had sciatica on both sides, achilles tendonitis on both feet, hip impingement syndrome one both sides and nerve pinches on both arms. I'm good now! What are you going trough?

Hallå

Suicidal ideation/utter hopelessness, compulsive self-harm (beating myself), binge eating, terrifying and excruciating emotional states,... lasted from maybe around 2011/2012 till recently... seem to be doing decently better now (last huge trauma/trigger and self-beating was a few months ago, I smashed my head on some wood and a concrete block, and tried cutting myself a bit but didn't draw any blood.  Another outburst/reaction happened a few weeks after and I went around the house throwing shit, yelling, and doing some self-beating)...  hmmm... I also struggle from a lot of energy issues.  Sometimes my body feels like a ton of bricks and I can barely do anything.  mmmm  last year or so I've been getting some stomach and irritable bowel stuff I can't seem to shake.  Though recently I've switched from white to brown rice (last few days), and my stomach seems to feel better, but I still can't say.  

... Most of mine are psychological.  I've played a lot of sports and have been pretty active, so I've got some ankle and knee issues (especially after tree planting).  But most physical pain issues  don't bother me much.  The secondary effects are what bugs me most (like if I have a sprained ankle, not being able to run or get outside, etc.).  The irritable bowel stuff can be pretty shitty (;)), especially waking up every morning and the stomach is growling and tumbling like madness [insert "This is Madness" quote from 300]... hahaha there's great meme potential there.

Hope this helps.

Allow what is mon frere.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I had 5 bulged discs at the same time. 10 months of agony, 9 of them I had to sleep on the floor (Its not that bad after a few months, but I like my new back-friendly mattress more). Drugs didnt do shit, apparently my body doesnt want to make morphine from the drugs. I woke up every night in pain that only stopped after walking around my apartment for 30-60 minutes.

The pain is almost gone now. Im now stretching and working out to strenghten every muscle that supports the back that I can. Im never going to suffer like I sufferred again.

Edited by Hansu

Chronic sinusitis (for more than ten years): being able to smell very little and always having to breathe through my mouth which is especially bad while sleeping. Catching coldes all the time. 

Digestion issues (for about a year): diarrhea after eating, constantly feeling hungry. Eating a lot and losing weight. At some point I could only eat potatoes and carrots....

I’ve recovered from the worst part of these issues. This stuff turned out to be symptoms of me feeling constantly overwhelmed. I almost burned out but eventually I took time off to heal and meditate a lot. It has been totally worth it so far :) 

When I was 23 and never had any bigger mental issues before (all tho I knew mental health problems run in my family), stress very unexpectedly triggered severe depression/anxiety that lasted 23 months. In the first half, it was extreme anxiety, panic attacks every day, then it was a combination of extreme irritability, rage, and despair making me unable to study/work.

I had a shoulder injury from OHP that was painful for a few years. I get migraine headaches since I was a kid about 2/3 times a month. Foot injury from squatting heavy

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk