Wyatt

Sadhguru on Men vs Women

13 posts in this topic

At 17:45, Sadhguru makes the claim "If you want to be a complete human being, it's important that you are equally proportionate in masculine and feminine qualities."

This sentence is flawed in so many ways.

Who's to say what's really masculine or feminine? Are these character traits, or perspectives, or actions, or what? Why would the world be better if EVERYONE had the same levels of feminine and masculine? Doesn't reality take all types, and we need to live out our own nature, whether that be deemed masculine or feminine? 

Maybe I'm wrong. What do you guys think?

18 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

Who's to say what's really masculine or feminine? Are these character traits, or perspectives, or actions, or what? Why would the world be better if EVERYONE had the same levels of feminine and masculine? Doesn't reality take all types, and we need to live out our own nature, whether that be deemed masculine or feminine? 

Maybe I'm wrong. What do you guys think?

Hes not saying everyone should have the same levels of masculine and feminine, hes saying everyone should have a balance of masculine and feminine within themselves. Hes also not necessarily ascribing traits of each, i think what hes getting at is to get in touch with every part of you. For example if you act overly masculine and macho as a man youre denying your feminine side, that side is still different to someone elses feminine side and can be expressed in many ways, being more compassionate might be one way.   

Do you fear being feminine?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Consept good point, that might be what he's saying. I just think that masculine and feminine is a somewhat arbitrary and non-descript way of classifying people. Would be interesting to hear what traits he ascribes to each

@Carl-Richard I guess it depends what you mean by feminine, but I don't care if other people see me as girly lol

2 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

@Carl-Richard I guess it depends what you mean by feminine, but I don't care if other people see me as girly lol

What if you had boobies? :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Wyatt Masculine and feminine are energy forms within us that allow different expressions of ourselves to come out. Yes there is a difference between masculine and feminine and difference exists. Oneness is harmony between two things.

My masculine expression has never been expressed but im able to activate it because its an energy form within me thats dormant. 

Genesis 27:27-29

As per eastern philosophy, the male and female energies exist in all human beings as our parents are both male and female, and in the state of enlightenment these energies are in a state of total harmony and balance.

This is what the Taoist symbol of Yin and yang means, and also the Hindu concept of Ardhanareshwara.

What Sadhguru means here is that the seemingly opposite qualities of the masculine and feminine have been reconciled in the enlightened person. The Self or pure consciousness is revealed when one goes beyond the pair of opposites.

In the non-canonical Gospel of Thomas, which is often referred to by Adyashanti, there is a saying of Jesus very similar to the above theme. I am not a christian, and I am just putting this here for general reference...

Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom". They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]." ( Gospel of Thomas 22)

Edited by Ajay0
Addition

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

On 9/2/2020 at 3:44 PM, Wyatt said:

"If you want to be a complete human being, it's important that you are equally proportionate in masculine and feminine qualities."

This sentence is flawed in so many ways.

It's flawed if you take it literally as you must be 50/50. It's wise if you understand the larger point he's trying to make.

Sadhguru is not saying something as stupid as: for every one day you wear a suit, the next day you must wear a skirt.

Stop taking the words of spiritual teachers literally. There is always a deeper, higher meaning behind their words.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 3.9.2020 at 8:57 AM, Ajay0 said:

and also the Hindu concept of Ardhanareshwara.

In the philosophy of Nondual Śaiva Tantra, the nondual Divine = Śiva-Śakti in perfect fusion.

Śiva, God, is to be understood as pure Consciousness, the singular Light of Awareness that makes possible all manifestation.

Śakti, Goddess, is the entire manifest universe.

Now, Śiva and Śakti are actually one, not two, but are represented as two because they correspond to two inderdependent aspects of reality.

Credits: Christopher D. Wallis

If you ever awaken deep enough, you will realize that the opposite pole of your own is just something you imagined in order to identify as your pole.

If you identify as masculine, you will realize feminine is something you imagined as "not you".

If you identify as feminine, you will realize that masculine is something you imagined as "not you".

The Ultimate Truth is you are both, and beyond.

Masculine and feminine identification is like a schizoid rift in the Mind of God. God is suffering from multiple personality disorder.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God is suffering from multiple personality disorder.

Maybe a little off-topic but this reminds me of James Fadimans "Your Symphony of Selves".

On a psychological level, we all do suffer from a multiple personality disorder, with the difference to schizophrenic egos, that our egos have a central memory of who we are (as egos). Schizophrenics don't have that central memory and thus completely forget, that there even is another ego residing in their psyche. 

Nevertheless, we all have a shitload of different personalities in ourselves, which all need to live in harmony and acceptance for one another (to achieve psychological balance). It is our job, to harmonize the egos against each other, so that they eventually play a symphony.

Helpful perspective right there, to eventually reach the higher, existential levels of "multiple personality disorder" more at ease. :)

Some people have a hard time telling masculine and femenine energies appart from more supperficial social costumes like clothing, grooming, etc. 

First learn to identify both energies in yourself and also see how the balance it's not static buy they vary. You should work towards being able to move across the spectrum at will according to the needs of the moment, just like sometimes you need to be more left-brained and sometimes more right-brained. That's what Sadhguru means IMO.

Neglecting either side of the spectrum is unhealthy for both sexes.

If you are mindful about it, you will see many man you wouldn't consider to be girly are actually quite near the center. 

Edited by Fran11

Masculine and Feminine energies and forces exist 

You can't see it because you can only see a male and a female and that too superficially 

It goes way deeper than being a male or female 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.