Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harmony342

Benefits of psychedelics?

19 posts in this topic

What, in your opinion, are the main benefits of psychedelics? Like what areas of life as they beneficial in and how have you found they have affected you in general? Are they worth the risks?

A holistic approach to self-development:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_SYn51AKL3DLkFsuqI9kbw

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Imagine Middle ages timing and people think that the Earth is flat. Then, somebody comes with a rocket and makes the expedition to the Earth orbit: "Look, look into the porthole, the Earth is not really flat". Then, you come back down to Earth. So, the psychedelic is like a rocket so to speak. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 minutes ago, allislove said:

Imagine Middle ages timing and people think that the Earth is flat. Then, somebody comes with a rocket and makes the expedition to the Earth orbit: "Look, look into the porthole, the Earth is not really flat". Then, you come back down to Earth. So, the psychedelic is like a rocket so to speak. 

Nice analogy

A holistic approach to self-development:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_SYn51AKL3DLkFsuqI9kbw

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Seeing through your own and others bullshit (to the deepest levels you dare to go)

They can help you solve :

1. Repressed emotions
  2. Traumas (or fears)
  3. Distorted metaphysics
  4. Bad habits

And much more I think

Edited by Espaim

They teach you not to judge. They teach you how to work to be united with God. How to see everyone’s suffering as your own. How to stand straight on the path with no detours. They can also show you heaven and hell, in ways more harrowing than you can possibly imagine. No way of practice is better than any other. Psychedelics are one such way.

People who take psychedelics literally rise a level higher in their level of openness, I think this is a from a study. 

I can personally attest that there I've always been like that, but psychedelics made it so I know, wherever I go, I am always 1 up... I mean that in the most noncomprehending way possible.

This is super useful!

I am taking a programming course and I can always see how many less internal walls I have to go through until I get the idea. I can learn faster, easier, more effective. It's nice. It's as if I am 120% student.

Edited by TripleFly

They are anti-inflammatory 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

I like how @allislove put it. In general terms, psychedelics allow you to experience reality from a literal elevated point of view, as opposed to the default, or what Terrence McKenna called the "mundane plane." To me, the benefit here is you are humbled by the sheer immensity of reality.

If you've ever wondered what paradox looks like, psychedelics are great for revealing paradox and shoving it right in your face so you can't deny it. Same goes for stage loops if you've studied that concept. To me, the benefit here is increased understanding.

If you have your life purpose or a subject that your are passionate about, you can journal about it during your trip. While you are doing this, it's like all of your mental blocks are removed and there is no hesitation. The benefit here is that you can explore your interests and learn more about yourself and what you want. 

Other benefits: confidence, self-esteem boost, a deep love for humanity/reality, open-mindedness, and more!

There are so many benefits, and it's fun just sitting there, tripping, and discovering them for yourself.

Cheers!

On 9/2/2020 at 5:53 AM, allislove said:

Imagine Middle ages timing and people think that the Earth is flat. 

It's the 21st century and plenty of people still think it's flat and that rockets aren't real :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's the 21st century and plenty of people still think it's flat and that rockets aren't real :P

The rockets indeed aren't real ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

The benefit is spiritual evolution. You reach enlightenment way faster.

Most people nowadays can't reach enlightenment without psychedelics.

They will have to die and reincarnate again and again.

So why wait and be bored life after life? Just take the medicine (psychedelic) and you'll make it faster and easier. It's not a choice.

If you don't want to take them that's fine too. Just follow Bashar's formula, have fun, drink alcohol, snort cocaine, eat food, have sex. At least you don't get bored.

On 6.9.2020 at 2:54 PM, Arzack said:

The benefit is spiritual evolution. You reach enlightenment way faster.

Most people nowadays can't reach enlightenment without psychedelics.

They will have to die and reincarnate again and again.

So why wait and be bored life after life? Just take the medicine (psychedelic) and you'll make it faster and easier. It's not a choice.

If you don't want to take them that's fine too. Just follow Bashar's formula, have fun, drink alcohol, snort cocaine, eat food, have sex. At least you don't get bored.

Who is living proof that reached enlightment with the help of psychedelics?