Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Oh, is that what your trying to do? I already said, I don't give a shit about that, lol.

As soon as another country needs money or our military support what they think about our reputation will go right out the window. No worries.

I'm sure those dictatorships we love to prop up are happy to have a bloated military budget behind them that they don't have to foot the bill for.

Much wiser use of our resources than funding education or healthcare or infrastructure; you know, the things that actually help ordinary people?

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

1 minute ago, DocWatts said:

Much wiser use of our resources than funding education or healthcare or infrastructure, since those actually help people.

Right, right, keep complaining I see it helps you all feel better. 

Be the change you want to see happen.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

26 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Right, right, keep complaining I see it helps you all feel better. 

Be the change you want to see happen.

If pointing out obvious injustices in our society is 'complaining' in your book, I sincerely hope you never end up filing for bankruptcy because you get sick, or end up losing your job and falling into poverty; you might have to develop compassion for other people if you yourself are ever on the receiving end of some of these injustices. 

The 'pull yourself up by your own bootstraps' philosophy you seem to be espousing would almost certainly have seen you on the wrong side of the Civil Rights movement, the crusade to end child labor, basic workers rights like a 40 hour work week... shall I go on? Because people who make it a matter of pride to obstruct Social Progress almost always have that same mentality.

Edited by DocWatts

3 hours ago, Ananta said:

Covid 19 restrictions and mask mandates are at a state level. The governor makes these rules, not the president.

The governor of Ohio chose yesterday to put a 10pm curfew for all businesses for the next 3 weeks and will do another complete shut down if this doesn't work. 

Nice try, but too little too late.

A local approach is not good enough to handle a serious pandemic. This is precisely why a federal government exists, but people are too attached to their ideological ideas about freedom and states rights. Okay, have your states rights, and 1 million people will die and the economy will lose trillions.

That's what bad governance gets you.

Government is not some silly thing that happens automatically in Washington. Government requires serious attention to detail and serious measures.

If we followed your ideology in WWII, Hitler would have taken over America.

You have to think these things through, not just parrot ideas you heard somewhere. New problems require new ideas.

Containing Covid is too late now. Now we gotta deal with the shitstorm Trump invited. And millions more will die as Trump has brainwashed them not to take the vaccine with all his "fake news". Trust in the media is crucial now, and it has been completely undemined with conspiracy theories and populism. So millions more will die, and trillions more will be lost in the economy. This is precisely what happens when you vote a selfish idiot into a position of enormous responsibility.

Did you think there wouldn't be a price to pay for his absurd levels of selfishness? You think the universe will just let that one slide? You really don't understand spirituality then.

If Trump's way of living and governing has no massive costs, then everything I teach with Actualized.org is wrong and you should stop developing yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There won't be another lockdown in the US. A country of this scale just isn't developed enough to coordinate such an effort not to mention there being a huge lack of institutional support in all areas of government. Smaller, less polarized countries with better welfare systems can pull it off but not the US.

@Lyubov

China did it very well and this the most populous country on the planet.

The issue with the US is the libetarian ideology and how Trump handled the situation. What he say have a lot of influence as people look at him and trust him as the authority. He basically did unconscious covid denial marketing for unconscious people who need more conscious covid prevention marketing.

Edited by Raphael

It's not simply a matter of what Trump says or tweets. It goes so much deeper than that. There is a billion dollar industry of right-wing propaganda and misinformation that's happening online through social media. Millions are being burned to spread Trump's lies and attacks on the "fake" news media, corrupting the minds of 10s of millions of people, sowing doubt and distrust of scientists, doctors, experts, bureaucrats, politicians, liberals, etc.

This is one of the greatest mass-brainwashings in human history and it's going to have severe negative consequences. And what's worse, Trump ain't done. He's only gearing up his fake news propaganda campaign. He's gonna keep milking it for the rest of his life. It's really tragic how much damage this one man will do to American political discourse. Thousands of people will die needlessly and millions of minds will be corrupted for a lifetime.

The damage Trump has done and will continue to do is in a sense worse than Bush's Iraq war. Trump is corrupting the entire epistemic framework of the country. And almost nobody understand how serious that is. Because epistemology is not a big shiny object. It's mostly all subconscious and hidden from sight. At least a war is visible, tangible, and has a beginning and an end, and it can be easily protested. You can't protest cancer of the mind and it lasts a lifetime.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The damage Trump has done and will continue to do is in a sense worse than Bush's Iraq war. Trump is corrupting the entire epistemic framework of the country. 

For you as Americans that might be worse.

for me living outside of the US, the lives lost in Iraq etc. are worse.

About the fake news, i'd think that a lot of it comes from Russia/China etc. to sow more division etc. all that US infighting must be like Christmas for them.

@Leo Gura everyone and their grandma is a conspiracy theorist now. There used to be a time when being a conspiracy theorist was actually cool. Old school 9/11 truthers were swag. 

Old school conspiracy theorists were bipartisan and had their own opinions. Now every patriotic boomer is claiming covid is fake because they love daddy trump and want to shit on the libs. 

Normies ruin everything, conspiracy theories being one of them. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

for me living outside of the US, the lives lost in Iraq etc. are worse.

We haven't yet seen the full ramifications of the Trump war on news. It could easily lead to more wars in the future, or other bad stuff.

15 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@Leo Gura everyone and their grandma is a conspiracy theorist now. There used to be a time when being a conspiracy theorist was actually cool. Old school 9/11 truthers were swag. 

yea i was one of them too :P but i jumped the ship a bit when all those "non critical" lemmings  and their mothers came.

I can still appreciate a good theory though, especially the fun ones like symbolism in movies etc.

for example there's a great one about the movie back to the future predicting 9/11 an unimportant theory, but a piece of art imo.

can't post the video though.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We haven't yet seen the full ramifications of the Trump war on news. It could easily lead to more wars in the future, or other bad stuff.

That's certainly true, Trump could be the downfall for NATO etc. which could make Russia/China more bold and aggressive etc.

His stance in the Palestine/Israel/Iran conflict with Kushner could have very problematic future outcomes

but we also don't know the full ramifications of the Iraq war and those other wars in the middle east 

5 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

4n5544.jpg

there's also a lot of herd mentality on the left though which seems to be their blind sport or they don't care

Edited by PurpleTree

For those of you who were anxious about Trump not surrendering power.... ......a case lesson for you: Remember to not elevate spoiled born-rich cry babies to a hardened warlords status!!!! :P 

Edited by Merkabah

40 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@PurpleTree make a herd mentality left Meme then. Let's see. 

made one Tadaaa

20201120T125259.jpg

Edited by PurpleTree

@PurpleTree lol it looks lame and it doesn't sound dangerous like the one I posted, it just sounds whiny. 

The one I  posted shows the dangers of herd mentality. 

Rejecting Trump will actually be good for the herd 

xD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

12 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@PurpleTree lol it looks lame and it doesn't sound dangerous like the one I posted, it just sounds whiny. 

The one I  posted shows the dangers of herd mentality. 

Rejecting Trump will actually be good for the herd 

xD

was just trying to illustrate the "herd mentality" aspect :)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not simply a matter of what Trump says or tweets. It goes so much deeper than that. There is a billion dollar industry of right-wing propaganda and misinformation that's happening online through social media. Millions are being burned to spread Trump's lies and attacks on the "fake" news media, corrupting the minds of 10s of millions of people, sowing doubt and distrust of scientists, doctors, experts, bureaucrats, politicians, liberals, etc.

This is one of the greatest mass-brainwashings in human history and it's going to have severe negative consequences. And what's worse, Trump ain't done. He's only gearing up his fake news propaganda campaign. He's gonna keep milking it for the rest of his life. It's really tragic how much damage this one man will do to American political discourse. Thousands of people will die needlessly and millions of minds will be corrupted for a lifetime.

The damage Trump has done and will continue to do is in a sense worse than Bush's Iraq war. Trump is corrupting the entire epistemic framework of the country. And almost nobody understand how serious that is. Because epistemology is not a big shiny object. It's mostly all subconscious and hidden from sight. At least a war is visible, tangible, and has a beginning and an end, and it can be easily protested. You can't protest cancer of the mind and it lasts a lifetime.

Decades of right wing propaganda have set the stage for roughly a third of the country to be vulnerable to the Cult of Personality that's a necessary ingredient for fascism. That's highly dangerous in a pluralistic Democracy, and something that we will be struggling with as a society for at least a Generation.

3 hours ago, Merkabah said:

For those of you who were anxious about Trump not surrendering power.... ......a case lesson for you: Remember to not elevate spoiled born-rich cry babies to a hardened warlords status!!!! :P 

That's not the issue. The issue is that he's corrupting the institutions and the minds of millions of people.