Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Lyubov said:

The Don has long been indoctrinated. Some people are just lost. No amount of  conversation will exposes them to their own tomfoolery, especially what has happened the past 5 years.

what makes his supposed indoctrination any different from indoctrination on your side?

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Geromekevin Ha! Nice try, you sneaky devil. No way Trump winning all that.

So, how likely do you think that Biden will win Pennsylvania now?

8 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Congratulations to Texas for passing the entirety of its 2016 vote total today with more than 9 Million votes already in, with 1 more day of in-person voting left today and 5 more days of mail-in-ballots receiving and drop offs.

2016 was a record Texas turnout. Surpassing that turnout in 2020 with five voting days left (including election day), means Texas will obliterate the previous record. It's unknown which candidate the high turnout will benefit. Yet if the GOP can no longer take Texas for granted and it becomes a competitive swing state in presidential elections - the current GOP would not be a viable party. It would be like California or New York becoming a swing state for Democrats. 

Most impressive has been the turnout in Harris County, a democrat-leaning county which includes Houston. As part of voter suppression, the Republican governor only allowed one drop off ballot box in Harris County - an geographic area larger than the state of Rhode Island and home to 5 million people. The Harris county clerk (a democrat) responded creativity: he set up over 100 polling locations. Many of these were drive-through stations and were open 24hrs on Thursdays. This had the added benefit of allowing social distancing during the covid pandemic. And where did he place the one drop off box the county was allowed? In NRG Park, Houston's largest sports stadium, home to the Houston Texans football team, an enticing way for county residents to see the inside of a ball park and maybe meet and greet some sports celebrities. 

Fuck yeah, Texas! I’m surprised 2016 even had good turnout for the general election at all, really. Ted Cruz won the Texas primary by a landslide. Hillary Clinton got more votes in the Texas primary than Donald Trump. 

And good on the Harris County clerk as well!

6 hours ago, Geromekevin said:

@Leo Gura I almost agree with your prediction #1.

Except for:

MI: I think there is a much higher "shy Trump" vote in Michigan, than you might think.
PA: I think the riots in Philadelphia will drive more voters in Western Pennsylvania to vote to reelect President Trump.

https://www.270towin.com/maps/Wpglx

So it'll be 243 Biden, 295 Trump, but Biden winning popular vote because of Florida.

There is no such thing as shy Trump supporters in Michigan. The signs and little car flags are everywhere. They are loud, outspoken people. There’s at least one big parade float for Trump. 

On 10/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, Willie said:

Imagine the shitstorm we’d be in if it ended up as this map with the exception of Wisconsin being red...

xD

With comfortable leads, I am positive Biden will regain the three industrial midwests.

Can't say the same for the tossups (FL, OH, IA) and traditionally red states (GA, AZ, NC). Got a funny feeling they will all go Trump mainly due to voter suppression and foreign meddling to a lesser extent. 

Edited by tanman91

to no surprise to literally anyone with a fifth of a brain

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Very likely:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/pennsylvania/

Don't forget, Pennsylvania is one of Biden's home states.

Yeah, that's actually what I was pretty much thinking. So, you don't think the recent riot in Philadelphia, with the tragic shooting and death of Walter Wallace Jr. will really hurt Biden's chance of winning Pennsylvania?

Edited by Hardkill

17 minutes ago, Willie said:

@Lyubov

BuT hOw WeRe We SuPpOsEd To KnOw It WaS fAkE?

I will not  take this  seriously till it gets actually aired through media, have not seen any news about it, if it would be true it would be trough all mainstream media as they protect Biden. 

That aside it is silly to say that you could have known anything. 

Edited by Claymoree

It’s a total bullshit fiction and was obviously clear the moment right wing media picked it up

28 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

It’s a total bullshit fiction and was obviously clear the moment right wing media picked it up

Still no news airing about it, are you sure he didn't just pick up some trolls article?

Edited by Claymoree

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

Great share man. Whoa! That's gonna seriously fuck their shit up bad. Can't WAIT till all the news outlets tear the ONLY last millimeter of cloth the entire GOP is clinging on to before they inevitably fall into an abyss of their own pure ugliness. I really hope the media goes hard on this one. It may potentially be the equivalent of the email thing Hillary faced that caused the abrupt reversal of poll results. 

Sorry I had to do it! :D 

Edited by Claymoree

My prediction is that Biden will win either North Carolina or Arizona (I gave one state to each candidate). Even if Trump wins both those states, Biden wins Pennsylvania and wins a fairly close election. 

Screenshot_20201101-104832_Chrome.jpg

So here's a question; how much of an electoral lead does Biden need for the results to survive intentional tampering by Republicans, whose strategy is to throw out as many votes as possible and declare the election over before the mail in ballots have been counted? We know that they will almost certainly be leveraging GOP friendly courts to overturn and invalidate unfavorable results wherever they can.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

8 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

So here's a question; how much of an electoral lead does Biden need for the results to survive intentional tampering by Republicans, whose strategy is to throw out as many votes as possible and declare the election over before the mail in ballots have been counted? We know that they will almost certainly be leveraging GOP friendly courts to overturn and invalidate unfavorable results wherever they can.

Are you asking how many states already called for Biden on election night could Trump could reverse?

If Biden has been awarded 270+ EVs by consensus (including FoxNews), he won’t be able to declare victory. Trump needs to declare victory before Biden reaches 270. 

Most likely, Trump will declare victory before either candidate has been awarded 270 EVs. This will be unprecedented, yet Trump doesn’t care about norms. He will go full throttle that the media is corrupted by liberals and that’s why they won’t call states. This is why I think FoxNews will be a key factor. If FoxNews is the only mainstream media outlet to call a swing state for Trump, it would greatly bolster Trump’s claim of biased mainstream media. Yet the price Fox would pay is marginalizing themselves as a biased news agency. They would position themselves with right wing OANN, Briebart, Newsmax etc. They could take a hit on credibility. If Fox doesnt call a close state on election night, it makes it much more difficult for Trump to declare victory. Fox is the only somewhat credible source he has. I’m not sure who will be calling states at Fox on election night. They have a legitimate polling crew - I hope they have independence to make calls. If Murdoch puts his thumb on the scale, Fox will be calling swing states for Trump early and things would get messy.

My guess is that they take a somewhat cautious approach - they are very sympathetic to Trump and say things like “Trump is up 1% in PA and it’s looking very good for him. Looks like Trump is gonna take it, yet its’s still “too early to call” - Biden could still win it by a miracle”. Fox would be allowing Trump to claim PA without pushback, yet Fox is hedging their bets and not committing. They could later say “We never officially called the state for Trump”. 

@Forestluv Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking specifically of how many swing states/districts Trump and the GOP could overturn where the races are close enough to give them enough of an excuse to do so.

From what I've seen on fivethirtyeight, I get the impression that the election will likely turn on Pennsylvania (every prospective outcome there has the winner of the election go to the candidate who wins Pennsylvania).

I know that fortunately Pennsylvania is not a deep red state, but how safe is it from tampering if Biden squeaks out a win by only a point or two?

I also wonder what the results will end up looking like on election night, vs a week or two later when all of the votes are counted (not that they all will be, due to intentional tampering).

When will as close to a consensus we are going to get start to emerge (realizing that at best maybe two thirds or three quarters of the country will see it as legitimate)?

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Hey guys, why have the polls for Biden vs. Trump been tightening lately?

@DocWatts In a recent interview, Nate Silver said that PA popped up as the tipping point state in about 45% of the trials - which was much higher than any other state. If Trump wins PA his chance goes from about a 10% chance to a 50% chance of winning. 

I’m not sure if you are asking the likelihood of Trump stealing a state before a state is called by suppressing/stopping vote counting or if Trump can steal a state after it’s been called for Biden by overturning the result. 

In 2000, scotus told FLA to stop the recount. That is very different than ordering stoppage of counting before all the ballots are counted. That’s what Trumps team is pushing for.

In general, if it’s close in 1-2 swing states I could see Trump’s team fighting to throw out votes or stop vote counting by claiming fraud. Yet that’s very different than stopping a recount. Yet if Trump is down in 3-4 swing states, it becomes much harder. Saying “There was fraud in Fla, NC, AZ, and PA because I’m down in those states and we should overturn those states, yet not in GA and Tx because I’m narrowly up. I want the vote counting to stop in those states because there will be fraud if the counting continues”. That’s a tough argument to make. 

The key states here are 

Michigan

Ohio

Pennsylvania 

Florida 

Nevada 

North Carolina 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.