Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, The Don said:

If you really want to understand how a Christian conservative thinks, read books like "The Plegue" by Albert Camus.

Communists are indeed the only ones who truly understand conservative Christians.

Edited by commie
this deserves a soundtrack

11 minutes ago, The Don said:

It's not about left or right. It's about America, my friend! And if you're triggered about what I'm saying, stop for a second and realize that I'm your friend. I want you to live in a free country and be successful to be able to help your fellow human beings.

You're right, screw left or right, it IS about the future of America. You and I want the same thing. But, if you support Trump, then you are actively going against the very thing you say you want. Because if he wins, our country will no longer be free or successful for most any of us. 

3 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

You're right, screw left or right, it IS about the future of America. You and I want the same thing. But, if you support Trump, then you are actively going against the very thing you say you want. Because if he wins, our country will no longer be free or successful for most any of us. 

How so, what politics of his has made  it not free and not successful? 

Edited by Claymoree

The Don has long been indoctrinated. Some people are just lost. No amount of  conversation will exposes them to their own tomfoolery, especially what has happened the past 5 years.

Yeah, it's almost like something swept over the country and affected his judgement. Something like a... plague?

Sorry but I can't stop myself.

3 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

The Don has long been indoctrinated.

First of all, I'm not a Christian. I'm not even a religious person.

I only talk about what's happening in sociey, after careful observation. I'm using logic and rationality.

What you see on TV regarding Trump's presidency is hyperbolic, theatrical and made up.

We live in the golden age, having access to food anytime we want, medical care and not to forget to mention, access to Internet.

We have to be alble to make the difference between the televison world and reality. What you see on TV has nothing to do with the real world, where people wake up every day, go to work and have fun in the weekends.

Me on the road less traveled.

1 minute ago, The Don said:

I only talk about what's happening in sociey, after careful observation. I'm using logic and rationality.

What you see on TV regarding Trump's presidency is hyperbolic, theatrical and made up.

We live in the golden age, having access to food anytime we want, medical care and not to forget to mention, access to Internet.

We have to be alble to make the difference between the televison world and reality. What you see on TV has nothing to do with the real world, where people wake up every day, go to work and have fun in the weekends.

Funny right, Left are supposedly the educated crowd, who have good jobs and are doing fine and Trump supporters are uneducated crowd, but it is people who do not have to face serious problems who are trying to defend  people "below".

5 minutes ago, The Don said:

the real world, where people wake up every day, go to work and have fun in the weekends.

Oblivious to the pla... er, pandemic.

1 minute ago, The Don said:

I go off of what Trump directly says and dose himself. That's not hyperbolic, it's coming directly from him, not filtered through anyone elses agenda. 

7 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

I go off of what Trump directly says and dose himself.

Yes. I agree. Trump says a lot of awful things. He can't help himself and keep his mouth shut.

Trump has a horrible character. It comes from the way he was raised as a kid. He had a cold, harsh father.

Anyway, I don't vote based on people's characters. We're all flawed creatures. I vote based on policy.

Trump is one of the worst presidents in terms of character, but he did lots of great things for America.

Edited by The Don

4 minutes ago, The Don said:

Yes. I agree. Trump says a lot of awful things. He can't help himself and keep his mouth shut.

Trump has a horrible character. It comes from the way he was raised as a kid. He had a cold, harsh father.

Anway, I don't vote based on people's characters. We're all flawed creatures. I vote based on policy.

Trump is one of the worst presidents in terms of character, but he did lots of great things for America.

Okay, I'll bite. Could you please list for me all the great accomplishments, actual policies that he has written into law, that has helped the American people, not just the rich.  

Edit: Not just things he has said he has done (lie), but actual polices written into law. 

Edited by Sempiternity

25 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

Edit: Not just things he has said he has done (lie), but actual polices written into law. 

Okay. Fine.

From NBC News, a broadcast company that doesn't like Trump:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/here-s-full-list-donald-trump-s-executive-orders-n720796

It's only a small part of Trump's accomplishments.

I don't want to persuade anyone here to vote for Trump.

If you like Joe Biden, vote for him.

Edited by The Don

@The Don If your policy is to roll-back everything Obama and destroy institutions that keep check on capitalists, then yeah, Trump's a prolific president.

I wouldn't call that creating laws.

It doesn't make much sense responding to you, because what you have said on the previous page is pure nonsense. Conservative Christians not imposing their will on others? Just give them four more years and with domination in the Supreme Court, they will roll-back abortion rights and declare anything related to the LGBT+ unconstitutional, for example adoption by the same-sex marriage.

They do that all over the world, they will do that in the USA once they get enough power.

Edited by Girzo

@Girzo It’s about the left imposing their will by controlling capitalism, give abortion LGBT rights, & raise taxes for the Biden Green deal.

On the other hand the right imposing their will by protecting capitalists, stopping most abortions LGBT rights, & lower taxes some more.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out on the states level over the next years to make the right choice even more obvious for all of us.

Americans could also look at other more developed countries, they tend not to like that or even admitting not to be the best in the world.

7 hours ago, The Don said:

Has nothing to do with whether or not you identify as being Christian

Congratulations to Texas for passing the entirety of its 2016 vote total today with more than 9 Million votes already in, with 1 more day of in-person voting left today and 5 more days of mail-in-ballots receiving and drop offs.

2016 was a record Texas turnout. Surpassing that turnout in 2020 with five voting days left (including election day), means Texas will obliterate the previous record. It's unknown which candidate the high turnout will benefit. Yet if the GOP can no longer take Texas for granted and it becomes a competitive swing state in presidential elections - the current GOP would not be a viable party. It would be like California or New York becoming a swing state for Democrats. 

Most impressive has been the turnout in Harris County, a democrat-leaning county which includes Houston. As part of voter suppression, the Republican governor only allowed one drop off ballot box in Harris County - an geographic area larger than the state of Rhode Island and home to 5 million people. The Harris county clerk (a democrat) responded creativity: he set up over 100 polling locations. Many of these were drive-through stations and were open 24hrs on Thursdays. This had the added benefit of allowing social distancing during the covid pandemic. And where did he place the one drop off box the county was allowed? In NRG Park, Houston's largest sports stadium, home to the Houston Texans football team, an enticing way for county residents to see the inside of a ball park and maybe meet and greet some sports celebrities. 

Texas gop was trying to get 100k votes thrown out in Harrison county. Not sure where it stands. GOP is not for democracy but apartheid and unequal voting rights. Texas is going to become a safe blue state like Colorado in the next 10 years. The time for the current GOP is coming to an end. These are last ditch efforts of a dying party built on devilry and ethnic preferences.

Edited by Lyubov

2 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Texas gop was trying to get 100k votes thrown out in Harrison county. Not sure where it stands. GOP is not for democracy but apartheid and unequal voting rights. Texas is going to become a safe blue state like Colorado in the next 10 years. The time for the current GOP is coming to an end. These are last ditch efforts of a dying party built on devilry and ethnic preferences.

What the GOP wants is democracy South African style, before those pesky blacks started Voting and screwing up a perfectly good Apartheid system.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Leo Gura I almost agree with your prediction #1.

Except for:

MI: I think there is a much higher "shy Trump" vote in Michigan, than you might think.
PA: I think the riots in Philadelphia will drive more voters in Western Pennsylvania to vote to reelect President Trump.

https://www.270towin.com/maps/Wpglx

So it'll be 243 Biden, 295 Trump, but Biden winning popular vote because of Florida.

@Geromekevin Ha! Nice try, you sneaky devil. No way Trump winning all that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.