Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No way is Biden winning Georgia. He'll be lucky to get NC.

In Georgia, Biden is up 0.8% in the polling aggregate. Yet even if that is accurate, the Georgia GOP suppression machine can overcome that margin without breaking a sweat. 

30 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

In Georgia, Biden is up 0.8% in the polling aggregate.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Gotta gut-check those polls.

If Biden can win Georgia then this election is over already.

I am automatically assuming that Trump is 2-3% underrepresented in the polls. If not, then Biden will get a landslide victory of epic proportions. It will be a Blue Tsunami.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura just a personal question to you. 

When are you voting and who are you voting for? Or have you already voted for Biden? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 10/28/2020 at 4:14 AM, Raze said:

The riots in Philly are going to swing PA towards Trump.

Rt025yx.jpg

Actually, according to polling data, Biden ranks better than Trump in regard to law and order. It's very likely that many people will see Trump as a fire-starter as opposed to someone who puts out fires. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

34 minutes ago, Mannyb said:

@Forestluv What about Trump supporters lying to the pollsters?

I don't know how big of a factor that would be. Perhaps 1-2%?

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am automatically assuming that Trump is 2-3% underrepresented in the polls. If not, then Biden will get a landslide victory of epic proportions. It will be a Blue Tsunami.

So, then how did Obama in 2008 end up winning 365 electoral votes when he had less of a lead back then than Biden does now in the polls (Biden will also probably win the popular vote by a much greater margin than Obama did back then)?

What about in 2012 when Obama won 332 electoral votes, but ended up only leading the polling average by about 1 point over Romney back then whereas Biden has consistently shown to have the largest polling average lead ever since the very beginning of the existence of scientific polls for elections, which was 1936? 

Was it Obama's charisma that had him defy the polls that much? I am not sure that I totally buy that.

Maybe, I am wrong. Though, I am unclear as to what I am saying here would be incorrect.

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura just a personal question to you. 

When are you voting and who are you voting for? Or have you already voted for Biden? 

@Preety_India It should be blinding obvious... Kanye

On thing for sure, this elections are entertaining and will be even more after whichever side loses and refuses to concede. 

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura if really 150 million people vote in this election as most political pundits are predicting, then yeah, it will be a blue Tsunami. 

Republicans are master at voter suppression. If they can not pull that old trick out of the hat, they are gonna loose badly.

18 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura if really 150 million people vote in this election as most political pundits are predicting, then yeah, it will be a blue Tsunami. 

Republicans are master at voter suppression. If they can not pull that old trick out of the hat, they are gonna loose badly.

Since it's probably only a matter of time before Texas goes Blue due to demographic changes, I'm curious how the GOP will respond when they're literally unable to win presidential elections in the Electoral College. Maybe we'll finally abolish the Electoral College at long last.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

36 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So, then how did Obama in 2008 end up winning 365 electoral votes when he had less of a lead back then than Biden does now in the polls (Biden will also probably win the popular vote by a much greater margin than Obama did back then)?

What about in 2012 when Obama won 332 electoral votes, but ended up only leading the polling average by about 1 point over Romney back then whereas Biden has consistently shown to have the largest polling average lead ever since the very beginning of the existence of scientific polls for elections, which was 1936? 

Was it Obama's charisma that had him defy the polls that much? I am not sure that I totally buy that.

Maybe, I am wrong. Though, I am unclear as to what I am saying here would be incorrect.

Trump is a unique devil that brings out the devil in half the population. And it's hard to poll devilry. So this is a unique election.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Trump is a unique monster that brings out the monster is half the population. And it's hard to poll monsters. So this is a unique election.

I always thought of Trump as an amalgamation of everything bad about America; Trump is America's Shadow.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Just now, DocWatts said:

I always thought of Trump as an amalgamation of everything bad about America; Trump is America's Shadow.

The fact that Trump's first term is coming to an end during a full-blown pandemic is truly poetic.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

If Trump is out of the equation, what’s up with Kamala becoming the president? Do you guys think she would make a good president?

Biden could remain president, that would at least be fun to witness (like when leftist Hollande was France’s most embarrassing president, he didn’t even run again). Trump was already pretty embarrassing for half the population so I guess it’s the norm nowadays.

Kamala seems like she’d be tough but democrats themselves didn’t like her so much. She’ll have to please progressives while dealIng with republicans. If she manages to do it well, it seems like she has the best opportunity to show us what Hillary didn’t get the opportunity to. 

Do you guys think Kamala would be better than either Biden or Hillary? Would she be like Obama? Could she make it to a second term? 
If Biden sticks to the presidency, though I highly doubt it since he said himself that he is Kamalas running mate, would he do a better job?

Guess what I’m trying to ask is simply who’d make a better president Kamala or Biden? Should they acknowledge Bernie and his support, make a place for him in their government? After all half the democrats prefer Bernie, including obviously most of us in here to be honest.

Edited by Mannyb

2 hours ago, Mannyb said:

If Trump is out of the equation, what’s up with Kamala becoming the president? Do you guys think she would make a good president?

Biden could remain president, that would at least be fun to witness (like when leftist Hollande was France’s most embarrassing president, he didn’t even run again). Trump was already pretty embarrassing for half the population so I guess it’s the norm nowadays.

Kamala seems like she’d be tough but democrats themselves didn’t like her so much. She’ll have to please progressives while dealIng with republicans. If she manages to do it well, it seems like she has the best opportunity to show us what Hillary didn’t get the opportunity to. 

Do you guys think Kamala would be better than either Biden or Hillary? Would she be like Obama? Could she make it to a second term? 
If Biden sticks to the presidency, though I highly doubt it since he said himself that he is Kamalas running mate, would he do a better job?

Guess what I’m trying to ask is simply who’d make a better president Kamala or Biden? Should they acknowledge Bernie and his support, make a place for him in their government? After all half the democrats prefer Bernie, including obviously most of us in here to be honest.

If Biden gets elected, he will be 77 years old. Doubt he makes it to a full term, so we'd most likely get a President Harris. Hard to say how she'd do. She's been putting on an act for this whole election process, so hard to say how she would do once fully in charge. Just based on very superficial aspects, I like that she is a woman of color, and she'd be a more reasonable age at 57. But, anything more concrete, who knows how she would do on policy till we see what she'd do, how hard she will push for change, or just pander to corporate donors to maintain the status quo. 

I would like to see Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez run against Harris in 2024. She will be eligible to run in 2024. Would be another historic fight. Instead of the Corporate Democrats against the dying breed of Corrupt Republicans, it would be a fight between the up and coming Progressives against the dying breed of Corporate Democrats.

Edited by Sempiternity

We can't know for sure who's gonna win the 2020 election, but I believe Trump has a bigger chance as the USA still remains a Christian nation.

All I can say is this: Trump is on the side of freedom. He believes in humanity.

If you really want to understand how a Christian conservative thinks, read books like "The Plegue" by Albert Camus.

We're constantly preoccupied with good and evil. We want to eradicate evil from the face of the Earth.

We have a historical radar for dictatorship, that's why we hate evil so much.

I love freedom. I don't want the state or the government to tell me what to do, what is allowed and so forth.

Human beings must be free, that's why the American constitution is so important.

America is not a perfect country but is certainly the greatest nation from all the other nations on Earth.

Me on the road less traveled.

18 minutes ago, The Don said:

We can't know for sure who's gonna win the 2020 election, but I believe Trump has a bigger chance as the USA still remains a Christian nation.
Hahaha, thanks for the laugh. 

All I can say is this: Trump is on the side of freedom. He believes in humanity.

How you can say this and actually believe it is beyond me. This is one of the most false statements to be ever uttered, not coming out of the mouth of Trump.

If you really want to understand how a Christian conservative thinks, read books like "The Plegue" by Albert Camus.

We're constantly preoccupied with good and evil. We want to eradicate evil from the face of the Earth.
The irony here astronomical. Most all hate and evil in this country is directly caused by Christian conservatives. All facts point to the direct opposite of everything you say here. 

We have a historical radar for dictatorship, that's why we hate evil so much.

Again the irony, you say this yet support a dictator wannabe. https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/08/10-ways-trump-is-becoming-a-dictator-election-edition/ 

I love freedom. I don't want the state or the government to tell me what to do, what is allowed and so forth.

Human beings must be free, that's why the American constitution is so important.

Yet you support someone who cares absolutely nothing for the constitution and goes against it every chance he gets?  https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/01/10/how-trump-threatens-the-constitution/ 

America is not a perfect country but is certainly the greatest nation from all the other nations on Earth.
Trump has destroyed this country and made us one of the most hated countries in the world. 

Edited by Sempiternity

20 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

Most all hate and evil in this country is directly caused by Christian conservatives.

Those Christian conservatives don't "knock-knock" on your door to impose their ideology on you. They might try to persuade you, but surely not forcing you to adopt their worldview. They let you live your life freely, according to your preferences.

When you talk about "evil", I just don't see any Christian group linked to the concentration camps found in North Korea or any other place for that matter.

The hatred you talk about is only on TV. You'd be better off if you'd stop watching the mainstream media.

When you wake up in the morning, open the window of your room, and enjoy what's found outside: the peaceful reality you live in.

Stop believing lies about Christian conservatives. They fought in World War II and killed Nazis. They fought the Korean war and liberated South Korea from communism, which is now the most prosperous country in the world; Samsung, Hyundai, LG.

I'm not saying that Trump is a perfect man. He has many flaws. His character is awful. He's a narcissist. Yes! It's true, but I wouldn't vote on character, I would vote on policy.

Freedom is not a human instinct, it's a value that must be taught and cultivated all over the world.

It's not about left or right. It's about America, my friend! And if you're triggered about what I'm saying, stop for a second and realize that I'm your friend. I want you to live in a free country and be successful to be able to help your fellow human beings.

Edited by The Don
To add a line.

Me on the road less traveled.

I think it's a true 50/50 for who'll win. My gut says Trump but I hope I haven't cursed it into actuality by feeling so. I did coin flips and before doing them set the intention that if trumps wins, land on tails, and if Biden wins, heads. I flipped the coin 6 times in a row and got tails 6 times in a row.

Regardless of who wins, you have to live your life regardless. It will be nice if Biden wins, but don't make happiness conditional on anything like that. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.