Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I've been in the forum, but as the elections are getting closer, I'd like to participate a bit again, as it is not a minor event and I personally find the topic interesting, as many other people do. I'm not qualified to make predictions using the website linked, as my knowledge about the idiosyncrasy of each state separately is low, I'm not American, but European. But I'd like to share my thoughts anyway.

I was disappointed that Sanders didn't win the nomination for the Democrats, but the fact is that Biden got more support, so he won. I can understand some progressives not supporting Biden, but it's not the right move, there's a lot in the game, and getting Trump out of the White House should be enough incentive. If you didn't like his first term in office, I can tell you the second would be much worse, you don't want it.

Two factors I'd like to point out:

• Biden lost to Bernie, so many of the supporters of his former rival may not stand for him, and the ones that do, won't put nearly the same enthusiasm they would have put for the candidate of Vermont. Enthusiam is not a minor ingredient for the Democrats to win.
  • Trump is a clown and behaves like a spoiled child. Although he has a solid unconditional base, part of the Republican voters may even feel that Biden represents better their ideals now. There is going to be a significant vote transfer, will it be enough for Biden?

Now my prediction. I think both can win, it will be very close. But I'll pick one, I think Trump is going to win. I've been wrong in my predictions many times before, so this doesn't mean much. I hope I'm wrong again!

I am a bit worried about Michigan and Wisconsin. It's likely Biden will win those but if he doesn't he's in trouble.

@Hatfort Yes I think both have a chance but Biden probably has a better chance of winning. I also hope we all agree we don't want this to win:

Edited by ItsNick

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

Time to quickly add a 51st state and give it to Biden

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

I'm Canadian so I can't make any detailed state-by-state predictions. But as an outsider looking at it on a macro scale, I'd be very surprised if Trump didn't get re-elected. 

Some sports betting websites allow people to bet on who will win the presidential election. Watch what their odds are as we get closer to November. Money doesn't lie.

10 hours ago, HelluvaGuy said:

This guy's model is pretty interesting. Has a solid streak too.

Yes. Although 2020 has proven to be an unconventional year.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

6 minutes ago, ExpandingExtrovert said:

Here is the prediction: Trump will win in a landslide - in 2024 and 2028.

Trump can only serve one more, four year term.  Or are you thinking Don Jr. in 2024 and 2028 LOL.

7 minutes ago, ExpandingExtrovert said:

What will they do if he runs again? Impeach him? Lol... those in his administration are conforming to him, and he already has plans to run in 2024.

And what plans are those? Could you show any reliable source, or is it just rumor based information? Just curious.

538's Current election forecast as of Sept 28th, If Trump loses PA, his chances of winning are essentially over.

Biden is still holding a lead. So expecting that he would win. 

But can't be certain because Trump got some swing states 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Biden needs to win PA and then carry AZ, maybe he can win north Carolina and Michigan too, maybe Wisconsin, maybe Texas, maybe Minnesota. Hoping he surprises people at the debates

If Biden loses Michigan then he's screwed.

No way he is winning TX.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If Biden loses Michigan then he's screwed.

No way he is winning TX.

I see alot more Trump signs and bumper stickers than I do Biden ones, just like I did in 2016. Really hope Biden has the 'Silent Majority' thing going here in Michigan, or we're fucked. Biden's up in the polls here, but after 2016, I'm doing my best not to over rely on them.

Edited by DocWatts
Grammar

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I'm brewing my hopes. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Its gonna be a drag race to the finish line over there in Michigan.

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

I mean I wouldn’t be shocked if Texas goes blue.

it’s unlikely but I think it’s going to go blue soon

The strategy to winning this election is simple: don’t be Donald Trump.