eluumyratin76

Shouldn't all drugs be legal

55 posts in this topic

Prohibition didn't work for alcohol even though alcohol is known to be more distructive then any other drug. How does the government justify making certain drugs illegal? During Prohibition the consumption of alcohol was made more dangerous, because you had  inexperienced people trying to make the alcohol and adding substances to it that would make it more dangerous to consume also people would have to buy it from bootleggers and back alleys making it more shady for transactions making it also more dangerous. So this is the case with those drugs which are illegal now. Many times drugs end up having toxins added to it making them far more dangerous then if they were legal and sold at a pharmacy. Because people are still going to get those drugs whether legal or not, but by making it illegal those people are being put into situations that actually cause the issues they are trying to prevent by making it illegal. So this becomes a self destructive loop where in so many ways making drugs illegal is society's cure to the problem which has become worse then the disease itself. I realize how abuse of drugs can be destructive, but by making it illegal it becomes even more distructive, so in the same way as we pick our president shouldn't the government atleast choose the lesser of the two evils by legalizing those drugs that they've criminalized because of course theres still going to be issues with drugs if legalized but there will be less destruction then the issues caused by making it illegal. 

Yep, as long as their a loving intent and actually compassionate policy behind it, just look  at Portugal, they don’t believe in a punishment mindset, but they will also tell you, you need more money for treat meant and rehab and safe spaces for addicts etc if you legalize. It doesn’t mean you think it’s right it just means you arent going to punish people for what they do to themselves, only help

Edited by Gidiot

Are you including Datura and Krokodil in your "legal drugs" list?

Yes.

But not in the sense that anyone could just sell any kind of crappy adulterated drugs, there should be regulation.

Legalization would allow for a quality control just like with food. And force sellers to specify relevant data like purity.

I think we also should teach about each drug potential benefits and harms in schools and harm reduction strategies. To promote responsible use.

Edited by Fran11

On 9/2/2020 at 4:27 PM, Espaim said:

Datura is already legal. No one cares about deliriums. 

Krokodil I wouldn't. 

On 2.9.2020 at 4:27 PM, Espaim said:

Firstly, there is not really a market for Datura anyway. Secondly, "krokodil" (desomorphine) isn't technically "worse" than any other opiate. The perception of krokodil being a type of corrosive venom stems from unclean and unprofessional synthesis practices, contamination and impurities, not the active compound itself. It's very easy to synthesize it from codeine at home (using a lot of toxic chemicals), and that's why you see so many side effects related to the drug.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

18 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Firstly, there is not really a market for Datura anyway. Secondly, "krokodil" (desomorphine) isn't technically "worse" than any other opiate. The perception of krokodil being a type corrosive venom stems from unclean and unprofessional synthesis practices, contamination and inpurities, not the active compound itself. It's very easy to synthesize it from codeine at home (using a lot of toxic chemicals), and that's why you see so many side effects related to the drug.

Interesting I thought all that shit was what caused the high. 

On 9/2/2020 at 11:07 AM, Consept said:

Yes, I think the Portugal model has shown it is possible and the way they've done it has helped a lot of people. 

To be clear, Portugal decriminalized drugs, they did not legalize them.

You can decriminalize them all but then tightly regulate access.

Obviously something like Fentinyl requires serious regulation, just like cyanide.

Psychedelics also require reasonable regulation as people will abuse them. Low cost training programs are necessary that teach people how to do them safely and which unsafe ones to avoid.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

At the very least nobody should be in prison for drug use

What an insight. True. Society needs tripping licences. Safe tripping is as important as safe driving.

Imagine failing a tripping test (driving test) because you just enjoy it to get wasted. xD

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@eluumyratin76 My parents were alcoholics and had a crack addiction. Each year our lives got worse. By the time I was in 1st grade they were pawning the TVs, selling their link cards, fist fighting, partying all day and night. My older brother couldn’t take it anymore and moved in with his friend’s family. I was stuck with them. I was a mediator between them. I would attempt to talk then down and prevent a physical brawl. As a kid my cloths stunk, I stunk, my diet consisted of ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese. My mom had a fatal overdose when I was 12 and my dad let my aunt adopt me in her stable home.  I’m damaged for life. I’m 29 and am still trying to feel “normal.” My childhood was based in fear, my adult life is safe. It’s extremely hard to reprogram a fear based mind. I just attract toxic people. I’m toxic. It’s hard to not be toxic. I’m miserable and have a hard time pretending to be normal. Im having a hard time breaking the cycle. I may not have the drug addicts in my life anymore, but I’m recreating the explosive behaviors of my parents and it’s effecting my toddler. Legalize crack? FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOO. Legalize heroin? Triple NOOOOOOO. If it’s gonna be so addictive you throw away life for it then noooo. 

6 hours ago, Lindsay said:

@eluumyratin76 My parents were alcoholics and had a crack addiction. Each year our lives got worse. By the time I was in 1st grade they were pawning the TVs, selling their link cards, fist fighting, partying all day and night. My older brother couldn’t take it anymore and moved in with his friend’s family. I was stuck with them. I was a mediator between them. I would attempt to talk then down and prevent a physical brawl. As a kid my cloths stunk, I stunk, my diet consisted of ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese. My mom had a fatal overdose when I was 12 and my dad let my aunt adopt me in her stable home.  I’m damaged for life. I’m 29 and am still trying to feel “normal.” My childhood was based in fear, my adult life is safe. It’s extremely hard to reprogram a fear based mind. I just attract toxic people. I’m toxic. It’s hard to not be toxic. I’m miserable and have a hard time pretending to be normal. Im having a hard time breaking the cycle. I may not have the drug addicts in my life anymore, but I’m recreating the explosive behaviors of my parents and it’s effecting my toddler. Legalize crack? FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOO. Legalize heroin? Triple NOOOOOOO. If it’s gonna be so addictive you throw away life for it then noooo. 

That's crazy bro, sorry to hear you went through that but thanks for sharing it. Many countries in Europe have the idea that the legalisation includes making the addicts life better, therapy, helping them with work etc, as well as providing clean needles. Do you think this could work? 

It would be great if the money which goes to prohibition drugs, went to proper education of how not to use and not to use drugs!

4 minutes ago, Elham said:

It would be great if the money which goes to prohibition drugs, went to proper education of how not to use and not to use drugs!

Doesn't work. 

Dare program had the opposite results of intended. 

What do you mean by "proper education of how not to use " 

@Opo I meant knowing which can be useful and which not. Like using them as medicine

39 minutes ago, Elham said:

If you want people to stop doing drugs in a free society, they must evolve to that place individually. That is the true measurement of cultural progress; bottom-up, piece by piece, not bottom-down, forcing a square peg into a round hole. Education that gives a realistic picture of how drugs work and other harm prevention measures will help in that direction.

Most other cultural interventions (prohibition laws, ad campaigns, scare propaganda) only work to build a facade so we can pretend that we're dealing with the problem. Drug use is a symptom of society's pitfalls (its dysfunctions, both structurally and on the level of values), and you should try fixing those root issues if you want true change (again, bottom-up).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.