diamondpenguin

The U.S. Government is genius.

34 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, eggopm3 said:

If you use weed every day for an extended period of time you will likely become addicted. But if you use cannabis with the same frequency as you might use a psychedelic then it is not addictive.

In a practical and colloquial sense of the word, maybe. However, it would be more accurate to say that you're using an addictive substance in a relatively responsible way rather than in an irresponsible way (abuse), which after all is what medical professionals are assigned to do all the time (morphine, adderall, antidepressants etc.). Many people do very addictive drugs rather infrequently, and they're relatively fine. Then again, some people define any use of illegal drugs as abuse, so there you have that :P 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

That's only in terms of enterprise and technologically. Socially the country is a shamble. Europe looks at you like Syria 

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

5 minutes ago, Chives99 said:

That's only in terms of enterprise and technologically. Socially the country is a shamble. Europe looks at you like Syria 

His whole topic is essentially "atleast we're not Africa".

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Yes, I agree (on the topic's supposition) that the governance system the U.S. power elite have been able to set up and work on for almost a century is genius:

1.) in its consistent ability to distort the majority of the public's perception of 1.) what it is compromised of, 2.) what it all encompasses, and 3.) what complex, interconnected and interrelated systems go into its efficient sustainment and functioning as a whole.

2.) In its ability to absorb or to adapt to any internal or external change while remaining fundamentally the same in its basic layers in the society of class dispossession and distribution structure:

''The social system in America is a dynamic one. One of the key values of the system is change.

And at the same time, changes [in the dominant values in the system] serve the purpose in order for everything to stay the same [the pre-existing structure's of class and wealth distrubution].''

For Parsons change is the main way of retaining order in contemporary society:

''There is no fundamental difference between the processes that change the system and the processes that retain its foundational structures.''

(I found these quotes from an excerpt of a pp presentation of his work when I find the original work where they originated from I will reference them here).

My sources:

Wright Mills, The Power Elite (1956)

Talcott Parsons quote on the 1968-74 counter-culture revolution, and the black civil rights movement.

ruling_class_schematic.jpg

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

Diamond Penguin 

You're being sarcastic right. Because I'd be scared of a government that works on pilot mode. That means no matter what you do, nothing would ever change. Then elections are useless. 

The best systems are very fluid and dynamic. They adapt to new environments and challenges swiftly. 

The idea that the government is too static makes me think that corruption must be too pervasive and the rules too rigid. That's a very Red System with layers of Blue. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Your genius government made our life like hell here. 

7 minutes ago, Elham said:

Your genius government made our life like hell here. 

Yea sry about that. 

choose wisely this time plzzzzzzz and remember your votes effects us also xD

@Opo

Edited by Elham

@Elham well trump lost the popular vote, as did bush, as did most Republicans, but the electoral college suppressing democracy is a problem/

genius at exploitation? 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

In regards to the OP, the Roman Empire was also able to stumble along more or less in tact for centuries regardless of whether any individual Roman Emperor was incompetent and/or crazy, before finally succumbing to its internal contradictions and collapsing.

Stakes are quite a bit higher these days when the current analog to the Roman Empire posseses nuclear weapons and is capable of triggering a global ecological collapse if things are bungled badly enough.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 9/1/2020 at 4:24 PM, eggopm3 said:

If you use weed every day for an extended period of time you will likely become addicted. But if you use cannabis with the same frequency as you might use a psychedelic then it is not addictive.

In my experience if you're new to weed and have a low tolerance you're more likely to get way too high to want to use it every day anyway.

That's me. Lol I probably smoke pot once every two months. Cause of how demotivating it is. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary