Tim R

How to integrate Green?

21 posts in this topic

A couple of months ago, I realized that it is necessary for me to properly integrate stage Green. I am a very yellow person, and I checked many times that I'm not confusing my developmental stage with Orange. I still have very few orange spots within me which need some integration work too, however that is currently not my main concern.

For quite a while now I've been into mysticism, enlightenment work and so forth, but I reached the conclusion: before I go down that road any further (I've seen the ox and it actually scared me a bitxD), I probably should integrate the earlier stages and since Green shares a similar structure with Turquoise, it might be healthy to further develop and integrate that part. I have Green within me, but I feel it's not fully developed. 

So my question is:

Do I use the same techniques which a stage Orange person would use? Because I am not at Orange anymore and I don't resonate with 95% - 97% of Orange's values. Or is there a more sensible approach to Green? I know the limitations of Green and I think it is that, which is responsible for my situation. 

(Don't get me wrong, I'm neither resisting Green's values, nor am I confusing Green's limitations with Orange's judgement of Green; I know the healthy manifestations)

Well i mean.. if youre yellow, you will look at green from a higher perspective, rather than a lower one. So it's different.

Otherwise i dont know much about it. Ive never tried to intentionally integrate a lower stage from what i understand. Maybe i technically have.

My view is that green actually corresponds to 2 stages, maybe even 3. Individualism, humanity focus, and gaia focus perhaps. I don't even know what yellow is exactly. Turquoise makes sense as cosmic focus.

Anyway, im not sure what youre asking, so this post will only get messier.

I'll think about the notion of integrating lower stages and maybe get back to you.

What makes you think you haven't integrated green?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Well it depends on what triggers you. Some questions you can ask yourself are the following (you can use this for any stage really):

What aspects of green makes you uncomfortable? 

What aspects have you yet to delve into? What's stopping you? 

What do you think you're lacking from green. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Heres a different suggestion: rather than integrating green directly, learn a complimentary system such as Maslow or 8 Circuits of Consciousness and integrate the stages from that.

These models say very similar things to each other, so you will find a ton of new green aspects that SD doesnt cover.

Start with 8 circuits of consciousness, circuit 5.

Edited by Artsu

@Carl-Richard I feel that I still lack a bit of compassion, social interest (might actually just be part of yellow)  and a proper valuing of and connection to my emotions.  

Just now, Tim R said:

@Carl-Richard I feel that I still lack a bit of compassion, social interest (might actually just be part of yellow)  and a proper valuing of and connection to my emotions.  

This could indeed be individual and humanity focus which i associate with green.

Try a) understanding your life and who you are as a whole, seeing it all at once

B) practicing deep empathy by attempting to mirror or read the inner constitution of another

Also, look into the Feeling function (s) in MBTI. You are speaking as though you want to increase your F. If you want, i can read your personality and let you know how F fits into that personality, and what strategies you can impliment to improve it.

@Artsu Just curious what your MBTI personality is? :) You seem very knowledgeable about it.

I'm an INFP-A. I only tested myself twice, but many months apart.

infp.png

I'm not sure about your specific case, yet the most common gaps I see in yellow men is an imbalance toward intellect and conceptualization with poor integration of empathy, emotions, intuition, compassion and post-rational being. For example, I will see minds that are very good at integrative and systemic thinking intellectually/conceptually, yet their integration of empathy and emotions is intellectual! They will literally intellectualize empathy into an integrative conceptual model without having embodied empathy. Generally, women seem to be able to embody modes of Green being easier than men. Men tend to analyze/intellectualize/conceptualize Green. 

And I agree that the lack of Green embodiment can lead to major gaps at Turquoise. I see lots of men limited to intellectual/conceptual models of Turquoise. 

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Artsu Just curious what your MBTI personality is? :) You seem very knowledgeable about it.

I'm an INFP-A. I only tested myself twice, but many months apart.

I'm an INFJ. I read you just now as ISFJ and when i was speaking with you several weeks ago, i read you as ISFJ. So i think that is your type.

There are quite a few Si dominants at this site from what i have seen...

Edited by Artsu

Green will come naturally when you exhaust Orange. Pursue Orange goals and interest fully and you will outgrow them. I don't know your background, but generally speaking, engage in the following:

• Education - get a uni degree in some scientific field.
  • Get a good-paying job or build your own business. Become financially independent.
  • Get good with girls, get involved with pickup.
  • Work on your body, go to the gym, get buffed.
  • Get nice materialistic stuff - good house, cool car, sexy gf etc.
  • Learn about science and tech.
  • Revisit basic personal development - Tonny Robbins style.

Those are healthy Orange activities, each item is a phase you have to fully go through. Without this, I don't see how you can progress to Green and beyond.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

1 minute ago, Arthur said:

Green will come naturally when you exhaust Orange. Pursue Orange goals and interest fully and you will outgrow them. I don't know your background, but generally speaking, engage in the following:

• Education - get a uni degree in some scientific field.
  • Get a good-paying job or build your own business. Become financially independent.
  • Get good with girls, get involved with pickup.
  • Work on your body, go to the gym, get buffed.
  • Get nice materialistic stuff - good house, cool car, sexy gf etc.
  • Learn about science and tech.
  • Revisit basic personal development - Tonny Robbins style.

Those are healthy Orange activities, each item is a phase you have to fully go through. Without this, I don't see how you can progress to Green and beyond.

None of that stuff is necessary. Much is just a distraction from what is important.

6 minutes ago, Artsu said:

I read you just now as ISFJ and when i was speaking with you several weeks ago, i read you as ISFJ. So i think that is your type.

How do you read people? xD

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

How do you read people? xD

With forum posts, i associate different sentences with different cognitive functions and then look at the sequential order that they go in.

With youtube videos i use the qualities of the voice, and to an extent the face and body language.

4 minutes ago, Artsu said:

With forum posts, i associate different sentences with different cognitive functions and then look at the sequential order that they go in.

With youtube videos i use the qualities of the voice, and to an extent the face and body language.

But I scored 80% N on the test? o.O

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

But I scored 80% N on the test? o.O

Test results are often inaccurate.

You probably see yourself as more N than the average person, perhaps due to things like interests, and this translates into a high N score.

If tests were accurate, we wouldnt need recent developments like the reading of facial expression to determine type, but various people and groups have been making developments in that arena.

If you go to typology forums, you will see many people asking for input on their type, because at this point determining type requires the analysis of a skilled typologist.

I pay more attention to the test at keys2cognition, which tests for cognitive functions. Its actually decent, but requires multiple takings, and interpretation.

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

The lack of social interest part is a side effect of moving to yellow similar to how your productivity can be reduced when you move from orange to green. As far as compassion goes, I think its good to try to read into more social issues, not in an activist sort of way but much more so in a way that compels you to empathize with people who are not in the best circumstance in society. That can also help you connect to your own emotions through relating with others, even if it isn't face to face/in person. Also meditation and mindfulness helps when it comes to connecting to your feelings. 

Or the notion that you are feeling disconnected from your feelings could be because you've been really calm lately. I noticed myself being more chill after I started transitioning to yellow. I wasn't feeling as much and I was wondering if something was wrong and then i realized  that I just wasn't as triggered all the time like I was before. 

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

5 hours ago, soos_mite_ah said:

Or the notion that you are feeling disconnected from your feelings could be because you've been really calm lately. I noticed myself being more chill after I started transitioning to yellow. I wasn't feeling as much and I was wondering if something was wrong and then i realized  that I just wasn't as triggered all the time like I was before. 

Yes, I considered that, too. I am en extremely calm person and I don't get triggered by anything. No matter how "bad" the news.

On 1.9.2020 at 1:38 AM, Artsu said:

I pay more attention to the test at keys2cognition, which tests for cognitive functions. Its actually decent, but requires multiple takings, and interpretation.

First test at keys2cognition looks like this (INTP):

intp.png

xD

On 31/08/2020 at 5:46 PM, Tim R said:

A couple of months ago, I realized that it is necessary for me to properly integrate stage Green. I am a very yellow person, and I checked many times that I'm not confusing my developmental stage with Orange. I still have very few orange spots within me which need some integration work too, however that is currently not my main concern.

For quite a while now I've been into mysticism, enlightenment work and so forth, but I reached the conclusion: before I go down that road any further (I've seen the ox and it actually scared me a bitxD), I probably should integrate the earlier stages and since Green shares a similar structure with Turquoise, it might be healthy to further develop and integrate that part. I have Green within me, but I feel it's not fully developed. 

So my question is:

Do I use the same techniques which a stage Orange person would use? Because I am not at Orange anymore and I don't resonate with 95% - 97% of Orange's values. Or is there a more sensible approach to Green? I know the limitations of Green and I think it is that, which is responsible for my situation. 

(Don't get me wrong, I'm neither resisting Green's values, nor am I confusing Green's limitations with Orange's judgement of Green; I know the healthy manifestations)

Have you developed some high quality human relationships to a point you feel like you get it? Reach the point where you have very close friends, people you understand deeply and that understand you deeply. See how having such people doesn't actually make you happy. It's very nice and pleasant to have them, but it doesn't fix the deep feeling of incompleteness that may be hidden behind. If you do that you will have transcended green. You won't necessarily lose your friends after that, but you will have fully realized that they cannot fulfill you completely. 

If you try to skip green you will always look back and ask "what about true human connections?" I don't think you can fully realize the limitations of that without having fully experienced what it is.