AlwaysJoggin

What’s your favorite Quote?

31 posts in this topic

when ever I’m feeling down ama revisit this. I love you people 

hope keep sharing more this is gold 

Rumi has a poem that I keep repeat it in my mind these days. My translation of the original language would be:

"Anytime I surrender to destiny, I am calmer than a gazelle and braver than a lion. But anytime I fight destiny there comes pain after pain and chain after chain."

Edited by Elham

"People need more than to be scolded, more than to be made to feel stupid and guilty. They need more than a vision of doom. They need a vision of the world and of themselves that inspires them." - quote from Ishamel by Daniel Quinn

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

If fictional quotes qualify for this thread, I always thought Sisko's "it's easy to be a saint in paradise" speech from the Star Trek spin off Deep Space 9 was really insightful both in the way it deconstructed Star Trek and in its understanding of human nature.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Political quote rather than spiritual, but damn this one hit

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.”

― John Kenneth Galbraith

"It doesn't matter how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose. And even that doesn't make all that much difference." - Coach Bobby Finstock

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in" ~ Leonard Cohen

"The wound is where the light enters you" ~ Rumi

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

“Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.”

― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

'Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It’s seeing through the facade of pretense. It’s the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.' - Adyashanti

Edited by RickyFitts
Forgot to cite my source

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Edited by Adrian325

"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."