AlwaysJoggin

What’s your favorite Quote?

31 posts in this topic

Can you guys share your favourite Quotes 

non-duality, love , self love ...Ect 

"Just that you do the right thing. The rest doesn't matter. Cold or warm. Tired or well-rested. Despised or honored." - Marcus Aurelius

What a badass. I just love how sure of himself he was. I think to be that is the greatest opportunity of a lifetime, and he was one of the people throughout history, who reached it. 

"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world." - Terence McKenna

Terence sums up life. 

"No no no no no NO NO NO!!" - 'Personality Crisis' by New York Dolls (I think of this quote whenever I'm being a doormat lol)

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

easy-01.png

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.

-Robert Louis Stevenson

Pretty good rule of thumb for life.

"You are already that which you seek."
− Ramana Maharshi

"This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief."
– Rumi

"I'm simply saying that there is a way to be sane. I'm saying that you can get rid of all this insanity created by the past in you. Just by being a simple witness of your thought processes.
It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the moment you judge you have lost the pure witness. The moment you say “this is good, this is bad,” you have already jumped onto the thought process.
It takes a little time to create a gap between the witness and the mind. Once the gap is there, you are in for a great surprise, that you are not the mind, that you are the witness, a watcher.
And this process of watching is the very alchemy of real religion. Because as you become more and more deeply rooted in witnessing, thoughts start disappearing. You are, but the mind is utterly empty.
That’s the moment of enlightenment. That is the moment that you become for the first time an unconditioned, sane, really free human being."
− Osho

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

“Watch carefully, the magic that occurs, when you give a person just enough comfort to be themselves.” (Atticus)

“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside awakens.” (Carl Jung)

“Nothing real can be threatened, nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God.”  (A Course In Miracles)

“Whatever you think you teach, you teach what you are.”  (Nathaniel Brandon)

“In proportion as he simplifies his life the laws of the universe will seem less complex; and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness.” (Henry David Thoreau)

“To be a philosopher is not merely to have subtle thoughts, nor even to found a school, but so to love wisdom as to live a life according to its dictates; a life of simplicity, independence, magnanimity and trust.”  (Henry David Thoreau)

“It’s the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it.” (Socrates )

“Art is a personal act of courage. Something one person does that creates change in another.” (Seth Godin)

“Science is organised knowledge. Wisdom is organised life.” (Will Durant)

“The greatest question of our time is not communism vs. individualism, not Europe vs. Asia, not even East vs. West; it is whether men can bear to live without God.” (Will Durant)

“The most profound experiences arise from questioning the obvious.” (Peter Ralston)

“Genius, in truth, means little more than the faculty of perceiving in an unhabitual way.” (William James)

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” (Carl Jung)

“The next message you need is always right where you are.” (Ram Dass)

“Everyone takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world.” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

“When you awaken the truth within yourself, there’s no illusion to overcome, only truth to be recognised wherever you go.” (Matt Kahn)

“We question not for an answer but to experience whatever is true.” (Peter Ralston)

“It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer.” (Albert Eistein)

“The answer to every question is loving yourself more, not less.” (Matt Kahn)

“Stop working on yourself. Start relating to yourself.” (Matt Kahn)

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

easy-01.png

I was about to post that xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I have two guns, one for each of ya. 

Doc Holliday.

just kidding .. 

this is one of my favorites

rumi6.jpg

3 hours ago, Harmony342 said:

"It is the truth that liberates, not your effort to be free" - J. Krishnamurti

That is powerful.

18 hours ago, datamonster said:

Actually this is pretty f*ing deep if you think about it. lol

Genius hahaha

"Anyone who manages to experience the history of humanity as a whole as his own history will feel in an enormously generalized way all the grief of an invalid who thinks of health, of an old man who thinks of the dream of his youth, of a lover deprived of his beloved, of the martyr whose ideal is perishing, of the hero on the evening after a battle that has decided nothing but brought him wounds and the loss of his friend. But if one endured, if one could endure this immense sum of grief of all kinds while yet being the hero who, as the second day of battle breaks, welcomes the dawn and his fortune, being a person whose horizon encompasses thousands of years, past and future, being the heir of all the nobility of all past spirit- an heir with a sense of obligation, the most aristocratic of old nobles and at the same time the first of a new nobility - the like of which no age has yet seen or dreamed of; if one could burden one’s soul with all of this - the oldest, the newest, losses, hopes, conquests, and the victories of humanity; if one could finally contain all this in one soul and crowd it into a single feeling - this would surely have to result in a happiness that humanity has not known so far: the happiness of a god full of power and love, full of tears and laughter, a happiness that, like the sun in the evening, continually bestows its inexhaustible riches, pouring them into the sea, feeling richest, as the sun does, only when even the poorest fishermen is still rowing with golden oars! This godlike feeling would then be called - humaneness.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science