lostmedstudent

psychedelics hangover

19 posts in this topic

Hi still a newbie in psychs here, but after tripping on mushroom (light dose), i have this hangover feeling that lasts the whole day where im just feeling groggy and headachy.  the trip lasted 3h ish, but the grogginess continued on for the rest of the day. 

I was wondering if you guys have similar experiences on mushrooms?  i havent explored many other psychs, but dont remember being this groggy the other times.

any hangover cures lol? 

i have some 5 meo DMT and AL-lad that i will be trying out soon. 

which psychs do you guys find have the least physical hangover effect after the trip?

Yes, I have noticed that mushrooms and some 4-HO sub-type tryptamines give me a hangover the next day, while other psychedelics do not.

5-MeO has no hangover effects at all for me. Neither does DMT from what I recall although I'm less sure about DMT since I've done a lot less of it.

You could experiment with various nootropic supplements or vitamins on the day after to see if they might take the edge off. I get the sense that the brain might simply be lacking nutrients the day after which were used up the day before. If you could supplement that lacking nutrient, theoretically you could stop the hangover.

Let us know if you find something.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've just had my first trip with 4-AcO-DMT yesterday, and I feeling an intense headache today. 4-AcO is one of the active ingredients in mushrooms, a.k.a "Synthetic mushrooms".

It's pretty new to me as well, other substances I've tried, DPT and 5-MeO, never gave me a hangover. I think It makes sense because mushroom trips are much longer and much more cerebral than the other two substances. It felt like my mind was maintaining an intense level of concentration for 5 hours straight. It was akin to taking 5 pills of modafinil.

Would be nice to have a solution to that, I wonder if the headache problems get better or worst the more you take it.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

For me the effects of Acid are cleared by sleeping

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

1 hour ago, gswva said:

In this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3345296/ the probable cause is cited to be the release of nitric oxide, necessary for vasodilatation. Unless I got the issue backward, eating plant foods high in nitrate might help (preferably the ones low in oxalate). https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.2008.27131 At least, this is based on the physical reality you imagined. 

Nitrates.png

you got it backwards. according to the study, psilocybin release nitric oxide which is a substance that cause vasodilatation and thus headache. So eating plants high in nitrogen will not help. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

LSD gives me a bit of a hangover, maybe because it involves D2 agonism. Mushrooms don’t, unless I take them at night and sleep less than usual.

Ive had horrible headaches from mushroom trips. Ive found that over hydrating myself the day before the trip has eliminated the headaches. Also mushroom tea is always more likely to create headaches vs. just eating the fungus straight. Plus with eating the trips last longer which can be a plus. 

@Eren Eeager Yeah, I should've been more clear that I've no idea what I'm talking about. Both vasodilatation and vasoconstriction can cause head pain though. The study itself suggests the release of nitric oxyde as a possible cause by matching the symptoms with another drug. Experimenting psychedelics after a diet low in nitrates could be interesting, but the researchers also noted

For example, one study found that participants who regularly suffered from migraine or other “essential” (idiopathic or primary) headaches showed increased psychoactive effects from very low doses of psilocybin and LSD compared to age-matched controls

Also, avoiding MSG or excessive glutamate intake is another thing worth experimenting

Edited by gswva

On 30/08/2020 at 5:34 PM, lostmedstudent said:

any hangover cures lol? 

Wait it out. You already had your fun and insights. It's better to not take substances to overtake other substances' effect. Or just take some vitamins or nootropics.

On 30/08/2020 at 5:34 PM, lostmedstudent said:

which psychs do you guys find have the least physical hangover effect after the trip?

Smoked DMT has no hangover for me. The trip lasts 5 minutes and then I get around 50 minutes of a afterglow.

Mushrooms give me a sort of hangover. It's not really nice. The day after LSD is pretty cool though. I feel very calm and content.

Never tried any other psychedelic.

I would say that more psychedelics do not have a hangover than do.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/30/2020 at 8:52 PM, dflores321 said:

Otherwise, if you trip during the day and get a goodnights sleep youll be good at least from my experience. 

@dflores321 I tripped at 9:30am after a good night of sleep. Ive tripped in the evening before and it doesnt feel like that time

thanks @Leo Gura i will try some supplements. For me it wasnt even the next day. It was immediately after the come down of the trip . I tripped in the morning. After the comedown, I had to nap, then that night i slept 10hours and the next day i felt better. Dont thiink i was sleep deprived the day before either. 

14 hours ago, Espaim said:

Or just take some vitamins or nootropics.

which vitamins and nootropics do you recommend?

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I would say that more psychedelics do not have a hangover than do.

time for experimentation then :D 

thanks for the input everyone. seems like headache is pretty common with mushrooms. 

@lostmedstudent To be honest I had only 3 mushroom trips so I just toughed it out. The hangover is like a mild anhedonia, so I imagine stimulants like Caffeine+L-Theanine 1:2 could give you a boost. I also found at a drug store Caffeine 100mg + 500mg Taurine. It's even better for me but this combo isn't as well spread around the supplements community.

@lostmedstudent

Hundred trips or so, never experienced this once. Curious what the difference with this is. Is it there right when you wake up or does it set in later in the day? Have you covered basics...hydration, vitamin D3, B & B complex? Have you tried exercise and or caffeine in the morning?  BMI maybe?  Live / raw foods, enzymes, etc? Always been intrigued by this. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm it happens immediately following the comedown of the trip. , last the whole day. i took a nap then slept 10hrs the night, and felt better the next morning. 

i was taking the vitamins you mentioned and drinking water and eating fruits. 

whats BMI?

@lostmedstudent

Body mass Index. Might not have anything to do with it at all, just curious about the whole hangover thing. I wonder if it’s more body / chemistry driven, or mind. An image / theory comes to mind of how one might drop their luggage at the check in...go on a trip...and then pick their luggage back up after. If that resonates at all, it might be insightful to write down what that “luggage” is as it’s getting picked up after the trip. It might reveal things like patterns, paradigms. Also might just be body chemistry. Hard to say. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

While smoking marihuana or drinking alcohol had a lot of hangovers, but that was ages ago :)
I took the microdose of 4-AcO-DMT two times and experienced a headache, so I stopped using this substance.
Other than that: DMT, shrooms, acid, 5-MeO – all is good, no hangover at all, never. I even want to say usually body is healed enormously, feels amazingly ^_^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

IME it's only the long-acting ones: LSD and LSD-related/ergolamines/lysergamides (or whatever they're called); DOB; AL-LAD etc...