Happy Jay

Anybody dealing with gastritis and GERD?

12 posts in this topic

Hey ,it is a long history. Since 8 months i had to struggle with this unpleasant gastrointestinal problem and at the last 3 months i have decided getting some medical help along with important lifestyle and nutritional changes. But unfortunately it didn't work. Has anyone any recommendation for my situation? i don't wanna get surgical operation

Try drinking Slippery Elm bark every day for a few months.

There are other natural supplements along those lines you should try out. Search online to find em.

Also try juicing. Juicing seems to be power for healing gut issues. A huge glass of celery juice every morning. And you can try other juices too. Try that for a month at least.

Also get tested for candida and other bacteria/parasites.

Comprehensive stool testing can be important in this case. You can order test kits like this:

https://www.doctorsdata.com/comprehensive-stool-analysis-w-parasitology-x3

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There are other natural supplements along those lines you should try out. Search online to find em.

Also try juicing. Juicing seems to be power for healing gut issues. A huge glass of celery juice every morning. And you can try other juices too. Try that for a month at least.

Comprehensive stool testing can be important in this case. You can order test kits like this:

Thanks Leo! İ'll try hopefully  to get some benefits from these advices

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

6 hours ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

I get acid reflux sometimes and I recently found that it was because I held the tension of anxiety in my stomach region. Once I relaxed that region, it went away. Not sure if it'll work for you but see if you are doing something similar...

https://bridgesofunity.com/acid-reflux-the-meridians-and-healing-associated-life-issues/

İ don't think that my issues are related to that because it didn't happen to me  before the gastritis .but anyway i'll take a look at this link ,thank you!

@Happy Jay definitely worth getting tested for H-Pylori. More than half of people who suffer from chronic gastritis have this issue. Using a lot of painkillers could have caused ulcer as well so might be worth having an endoscopy done (which is pretty much part of H-pylori assessment) 

During your flareups careful with salt, heavy spices, chilli, coffee, hot foods, greasy&fatty animal foods, other hot drinks and scratchy foods like crisps. 

Cabbage juice is extremely soothing for the stomach so is Slippery Elm as already mentioned. Peppermint tea may help reduce cramping but that doesn't solve the root-cause. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

What my naturopath advised me:

- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar each morning and night with warm water.

- Plant based Probiotic 

- Slippery elm

Foods: 

- Cooked apples with oatmeal

- Roasted pumpkin

- Fermented foods such as coconut yogurt 

I would say slippery elm has been the most effective.

5 minutes ago, Mada_ said:

What my naturopath advised me:

- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar each morning and night with warm water.

- Plant based Probiotic 

- Slippery elm

Foods: 

- Cooked apples with oatmeal

- Roasted pumpkin

- Fermented foods such as coconut yogurt 

I would say slippery elm has been the most effective.

Slippery elm juice or pills can do as well?

8 hours ago, Mada_ said:

1 tsp Apple cider vinegar each morning and night with warm water.

Vinegar on GERD? Wow, won't that turn you into an acidic fountain lol. You'd usually recommend that for achlorhydria not the other way around. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

8 hours ago, DawnOfReality said:

Slippery elm juice or pills can do as well?

You need to buy a large bag of slippery elm powder. Like a half pound bag. And you mix a couple tablespoons of it with a hot cup of water. Stir it around and it will get thick and slimy like snot. Then drink it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've been dealing with some issues over the past year.  I notice it has correlated a lot with my anxiety levels and living in places not with people I know.

Sometimes I can do Reiki on myself and it goes away.

Breathing seems to stop the rumbling in the tummy as well...

• Resonant Breathing
    • 5 breaths per minute 
    • if over 6ft tall, 3-3.5 breaths per minute
    • working up to 20 minutes a day.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

what have you tried so far in terms of diet change and pharmacological treatment?

are you overweight  ?