Beginner Mind

The Simplicity of Resting in Being

3 posts in this topic

I used to think Self-realization was difficult, that it involved a method of somehow focusing on the 'I am' or 'being aware of being aware', but actually what I've recently discovered is that resting in your Being, the Stillness that you are, is actually simpler than breathing.  All you have to do is sit in silence (and even that might not be required), exercise some patience and simply notice the subtle peaceful Being that you are.  It requires no effort on your part.  Just be sensitive to the subtle peace that is always with you, that IS you.  Enjoy. :)

??

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

51 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

I used to think Self-realization was difficult, that it involved a method of somehow focusing on the 'I am' or 'being aware of being aware', but actually what I've recently discovered is that resting in your Being, the Stillness that you are, is actually simpler than breathing.  All you have to do is sit in silence (and even that might not be required), exercise some patience and simply notice the subtle peaceful Being that you are.  It requires no effort on your part.  Just be sensitive to the subtle peace that is always with you, that IS you.  Enjoy. :)

You are the absolute best.

I had this last night when I went home and just sat to meditate without even placing a timer. Just sat there, still and just allowed everything, all effort disappeared as it was just being that was there, and effort is a layer on top created by the thinking. 

I felt an energy on the tip of my head. Just allowing the energies to flow and using Leo 's techniques on letting go to drop all resistance reach that state of merging with all of reality, rather than just a small entity inside a body,  or the body. ?

Leo and this forum are the best way to find Truth. Better than psychedelics!! 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.