Giulio Bevilacqua

Spiritual development affects my music tastes. Why ?

21 posts in this topic

Why does your spiritual growth affect your music tastes ? 

The more my ego is disappearing and the more I can not stand the "normal "  music. I am not more attracted by it. 

I'm facing a weird situation. Because I was planning to study music this year, and this lack of  drawning is causing some worry. 

I play drums and it is just not more stimulating now. 

I think that the energies are going a lot inward in this period. Maybe it is just a recharge of energy  for then to be expressed.

What are your thoughts about it ? 

That's normal, you will change your whole life many times if you go deep enough.

It's like layers of an onion or a snake shedding its skin. 

22 hours ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Why does your spiritual growth affect your music tastes ? 

Music has its own vibrational frequency.

You have your own vibrational frequency. 

When you grow, you change your frequency. 

If you have always liked the same type of music, you haven't grown much. :) 

Not me, last 3 years been doing a lot of spiritual breakthroughs and I still listen to trap music

@Giulio Bevilacqua , it may be helpful for you to explore drumming in other cultures. e.g Shamanic or African. Drums are used for spiritual purposes as well - the rhythm can be altered to induce trance states or harmonise with slower brain rhythms, e.g., theta states. Find other purposes for drums which fit in with your developing tastes.

During psychedelic sessions, I find drums very soothing and they also act as a catalyst for trance states.

Edited by Demeter

Yes I've noticed this too.
I grew up listening to mostly gangsta rap music (2pac, biggie, 50 cent etc) I believe most of my victim mentality came from them.
When starting personal development the first few months in it just started to feel like "I no longer relate to this music, it's just not me anymore"

Even tho I like listening how fifty brags about bustin caps and driving lambos from time to time, I now mostly listen to daft punk/techno type of music, lol.

For me the more I grow up the more I am inclusive in my tastes. I can see value in every genre by now. I like jazz and R&B most at the time. Probably helps that I study it and play many hours a day to be fair. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

4 hours ago, Demeter said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua

During psychedelic sessions, I find drums very soothing and they also act as a catalyst for trance states.

Playing any instrument can do that without psychedelic also

Sailing on the ceiling 

Don't throw your entire music career under the bus. Just upgrade your ambitions to make more elevated music. There is no problem with making great music and being deeply conscious. This is a fantastic opportunity!

There is some amazing music out there that is like sex to the ears of a conscious being.

You just gotta start creating outside the box of mainstream culture.

Music can be a powerful driver of spirituality. A gateway drug for the soul ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, Javfly33 said:

Not me, last 3 years been doing a lot of spiritual breakthroughs and I still listen to trap music

Yea, that is a trap. Once you fall into a trap, it is hard to get out. :D 

This is your life now. Accept it. :D 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Giulio Bevilacqua yes this has happened to me, i had a strong desire to play music, but now it is very stagnant and like whats the point or is it worth the suffering e.c.t. 

Edited by Applegarden

It seems that all this advice is falling on deaf ears.  @Giulio Bevilacqua , the original poster, did not return to his thread. 

@Leo Gura , you made an interesting comment about music being " a powerful driver of spirituality. A gateway drug for the soul."

I can concentrate better during meditation when listening to music. Could music, however, become a crutch and prevent one from experiencing stillness and the deepening of consciousness?

On 9/2/2020 at 5:14 AM, Demeter said:

It seems that all this advice is falling on deaf ears.  @Giulio Bevilacqua , the original poster, did not return to his thread. 

@Leo Gura , you made an interesting comment about music being " a powerful driver of spirituality. A gateway drug for the soul."

I can concentrate better during meditation when listening to music. Could music, however, become a crutch and prevent one from experiencing stillness and the deepening of consciousness?

No, i'm still absorbing what has been written by all of you and trying to understand your words deeper than a first intellectual reading. 

In my point of view, music during meditation should be avoided for the simple fact that you can be distracted or being too much influenced by the frequencies. I think silence is a must for meditation.

On 9/2/2020 at 4:09 AM, Applegarden said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua yes this has happened to me, i had a strong desire to play music, but now it is very stagnant and like whats the point or is it worth the suffering e.c.t. 

And how did you figured it out? Do you still play ?

On 8/30/2020 at 3:18 PM, Leo Gura said:

Don't throw your entire music career under the bus. Just upgrade your ambitions to make more elevated music. There is no problem with making great music and being deeply conscious. This is a fantastic opportunity!

There is some amazing music out there that is like sex to the ears of a conscious being.

You just gotta start creating outside the box of mainstream culture.

Music can be a powerful driver of spirituality. A gateway drug for the soul ;)

I think it have an good ear for mind-bending spiritual music, and often think music recommended in this forum is cringe and embarrassing, so I am curious, what music or bands would you consider god level?

On 9/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, Demeter said:

I can concentrate better during meditation when listening to music.

Video games as well.

Video games put you into an effortless flow state, which is why they are so appealing. Video games are meditation of addicted dummies ;)

But of course it cannot compare to proper meditation.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, Demeter said:

Could music, however, become a crutch and prevent one from experiencing stillness and the deepening of consciousness?

Certainly

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Giulio Bevilacqua If you resonate with music, you can deepen and expand with it, rather than stay with the same old. I’m in the sciences and there came a point in my development I lost interest. Science seemed so limited and unsatisfying. Yet then I expanded it to systematic levels by integrating art, psychology, anthropology, psychedelics, history etc. That spiced it up. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Certainly

Same with binural music?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi